It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloomberg wants people to stop calling it "Ground Zero". Now he wants call it: "The World Trade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Because its so much easier to remember.

Seriously, I guess he has a point; "Ground Zero" makes it sound like they dropped a nuke on us or something but the new name he wants us to use just plain sucks.

‘Ground Zero’ is a term that no longer applies, according to NYC mayor

Ten years after the terrorist attacks, and less than a week from the ribbon-cutting at the new World Trade Center, the New York City mayor says it's time to retire Ground Zero.

In a speech delivered this morning on Wall Street, Michael Bloomberg said the new construction and memorial on the site has made the name no longer fitting, news site DNAinfo.com reports.

"We will never forget the devastation of the area that came to be known as 'Ground Zero' -- never," Bloomberg told the Association for a Better New York at a breakfast appearance, adding that the "the time has come for us to call those 16 acres what they are: The World Trade Center and the National September 11th Memorial and Museum."

Yahoo News

I guess we could just call it TWTCNS11M&M for short right?

Maybe PFFFTTTT! would be even more appropriate.

I agree, the term "ground zero" has gotta go but can anyone think of a better name for that place?

edit on 9/6/11 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
How about - "September 11th Memorial Complex"

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
How about - "September 11th Memorial Complex"

That's more like it. At least you can say it all in one breath.

I'm sick of people calling it "ground zero". They were airplanes that hit the towers, not nuclear bombs. We need to stop acting like this country was nuked that day.

From the amount of panicked overreaction we've had from our government that day and every goddamn day since, you would think that they nuked half the damn country that day.

I know what the motto for the site should be though: September 11th 2001, still panicking 10 years later.

They can have a national ceremony every year where they update the number of years we've been panicking since the attacks. Maybe then somebody will realize how bad we've overreacted to this whole thing.

Maybe by the year 2037...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
How about the "Al Qaeda Didn't Do It" Complex?

edit on 6-9-2011 by ATH911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Just more political spin! Ground zero is an appropriate name in my opinion. I guess you can call it anything you want, but the fact that he is trying to retire a name seems disingenious for some reason.

The way I see it I can call my ass the soft, cushy, noise-maker on my backside, but at the end of the day its still my ass. That's just my two cents!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATH911
How about the "Al Qaeda Didn't Do It Complex"?

Its spelled: All CIA Duh.

Get it right.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d75a50e23af.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 9/6/11 by FortAnthem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Nice haha!

But yea i agree stop calling it that already.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
It even makes sense since after the "attack" there has been a world trade of freedom for security.
The man is onto something

I always thought ground zero sounds like a meteorite crater anyway

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
i think we should call it:
notalotofevidencebutletsbelievethegovernmentanyway

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The first words of fight club are "Ground Zero" where they talk about "controlled demolition" the DVD scene selection calls this first scene "Ground Zero" they blow up large commercial buildings and Edward Norton tells Marla Singer to "avoid major cities"

Just thought I'd point that out.

I also had a thread where the CFR said 9/11 was no longer a historical turning point

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think they want to alter the myth of 9/11 so as to take it to the next level. Maybe if they wanted to move on they'd build something other than a hole at ground zero. Although I think that's the point, perpetual remembrance of that day that was a historical turning point but now no longer is so

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I kind of like the name It Was An Inside Job Memorial. With the pictures of the Government leaders at the time staring at you when you enter the main entrance. Don't forget to fly the UN flag with a NWO motto.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
"American False Flag Attempt"?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Hahaha! I see there is no mercy among the members in this thread......you guys are brutal to Bloomberg....poor guy......(NOT!!!!!!!!!!)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The only reason I can see to change the name, after 10 years, would be because it is no longer applicable.
Meaning that there is going to be another ground zero, probably in the nuke variety, if the above threads are an indicator.

On September 11th 2001 our public (as opposed to military) was attacked. The MSM called this action and place 9-11 and Ground Zero. Capital letters and all. The public has adopted this name and it is searchable on the internet as such.

Changing this named event and location will not only change our 'attiudes' about the planes being flown into the towers but will change the information retrieved by future internet searches.
The generation that is currently too young to care, will someday want more information. That information will be only about what it is currently named, and would not be the same as what we have had access to. The generation that is only four or five years old, if they only know the event by the new name will search under that name. Thus leaving almost all conspiracy theories unknown/unknowable.

If there were to be another action or event to the public sector TPTB will not be able to re-use this name. The MSM will be unable to report a nuke strike and use the term ground zero, so maybe they want it back for that purpose.

Who knows, but changing the attitudes and language will be very difficult in my opinion.
Unless the old stand-by of MK-Ultra can be used to manipulate the public (having just finished reading about this incredible CIA operation) into accepting this change. Then I guess all bets are off, name change will happen, people will loose the current internet information for future searches. Not that information will be gone since nothing on the internet is really gone, but that it will not come up in the first few pages, if at all.
I think that would be terrible disservice to the ones who have suffered and died.
The poor people that died that day, the only thing they did was go to work. Thats all. That is something we do everyday. They did not know it was coming or have a way to defend themselves from attack. They were suckered punched, hit from the blindside.
It was and always will be Ground Zero to me and my future generations.
I don't care what TPTB want me to call it.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
The World Trade?

As in, the world traded...it's freedoms in exchange for "protection from terrorists?"

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

I think they want to alter the myth of 9/11 so as to take it to the next level. Maybe if they wanted to move on they'd build something other than a hole at ground zero. Although I think that's the point, perpetual remembrance of that day that was a historical turning point but now no longer is so

This is cultural Marxism.
Destroying a meme:
The idea that we were attacked by
Islam.
The new meme is: Islam is the New Christianity.

Memes are ideas that spread from person to person and are
what make up a culture. By altering them
you can change an entire culture.

www.citizenwarrior.com...

edit on 6-9-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
They should just call it "The place where American freedom died."

Its so rare in this country nowadays, I hear we have to import it from China if we want to have it anymore.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dbc1e2382d0f.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

join