It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evangelicals Left Off National Cathedral 9/11 Program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Is this politics or religion? I'm going to go with politics. Because it was politcs that made this happen. Specifically, Obama's politics, the politics of the least Christian president in generations, maybe ever.

What religion were the majority of the victims on 9-11?

Why can't they be honored according to their faith in the National Cathedral, a supposedly-Christian space?

Disgraceful.

A curse has befallen fall in this nation for turning its back on its Christian heritage. I think the Lord is really trying to get a message home to this sinful nation!!!

The weekend of religious-themed observances at Washington National Cathedral marking the tenth anniversary of the September 11 terrorist attacks will include a Buddhist nun and an Imam, but not an evangelical Christian, leading the head of the Southern Baptist Convention to ask President Obama to reconsider attending the event.

“A Call to Compassion” will include an interfaith prayer vigil on Sept. 11. It will feature the dean of the Cathedral, the Bishop of Washington, a rabbi, Buddhist nun and incarnate lama, a Hindu priest, the president of the Islamic Society of North America and a Muslim musician.

However, Southern Baptists, representing the nation’s largest Protestant denomination, were not invited to participate – and neither were leaders from any evangelical Christian organization.

“It’s not surprising,” said Frank Page, president of the Southern Baptist Convention Executive Committee. “There is a tragic intolerance toward Protestants and particularly toward evangelicals and I wish the president would refuse to speak unless it was more representative.”

Source:
www.foxnews.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/54677830922a.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 6-9-2011 by Partygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

well im not a theist and i dont believe in evangelicals

but

i find this whole thing hillarious, the fact that the church is distancing themselves from these people (because im assuming christians think the whole thing is made up)
well id like to remind the church that this just shows the public the action we should be taking against religion

if there is no evidence, why let it dictate an entire world

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Perhaps when the evangelicals learn to play nice they will be invited into intelligent society.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
Why can't they be honored according to their faith in the National Cathedral, a supposedly-Christian space?

Disgraceful.

A curse has befallen fall in this nation for turning its back on its Christian heritage. I think the Lord is really trying to get a message home to this sinful nation!!!

“The goal was to have interfaith representation,” he told Fox News Radio. “The Cathedral itself is an Episcopal church and it stands to reason that our own clergy serve as Christian representatives.”

What, Episcopals aren't Christian enough for ya?
edit on 9-6-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Christians are being represented...evangelicals are dangerous and shouldn't be allowed. Pretty simple.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The Christian faith will be represented by a Bishop.
It isn't some anti-Christian conspiracy.
They just don't have room for every single different denomination.

top topics

join