It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friedman vs. Alexander debate upcoming...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
It's been announced by Christopher O'Brien on The Paracast forum that they will be hosting a debate between Stan Friedman and John Alexander on UFO secrecy and the Government...

Earlier today Stanton Friedman posted (on UFO Updates) an invitation to debate John Alexander. This invitation was prompted by Alexander's take on UFO secrecy as related in yesterday's George Knapp's KLAS-TV article about Alexander's book: UFOs: Myths, Conspiracies and Realities. We've recently had both of these top experts on the program and this is your chance to contribute your questions for the debate. We will be taping Tuesday, September 13th and the show will air toward the end of the month...

Knapp article link

Paracast announcement and request for questions

This really should be quite interesting and I know I for one am looking forward to it. Friedman disagrees with some of Alexander's conclusions in his recent book "UFOs: Myths, Conspiracies and Realities" and stated about Alexander...

I must say I think he has reached wrong conclusions partly because he has a number of false claims in the book.

After seeing Stanton speak on a few occasions and having talked with him also I'm sure this should be a healthy, civil discourse between the two...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Toxicsurf

I'm familiar with Friedman. Not so much with Alexander.

What bugs me about aliens/ufos is people allow it to be so divisive. I don't think they should focus on "what the gov't is hiding." It wouldn't surprise me at all if the gov't doesn't have much more on aliens than we do on ATS.

The conspiracy in my mind is our culture. We have a lot of freedom in the USA. We need to stop trying to keep up with the Joneses, live a less material life.... shifting our culture toward more education and open mindedness on subjects that don't seem to have easy answers:

1) Aliens/UFOs
2) Consciousness
3) Clean Energy
4) WORLD PEACE

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
sweet!

...this is gonna be mediocre & pointless!

but...it's gonna be entertaining; and thanks for the thread!

S&F

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
S&F absolutely fascinating.

Can you please provide links when it airs so we can listen to this? I am posting this response to mark this thread so I can listen to it when it happens.

Thank you for the heads up!

George Napp (sp?) is my favorite coast to coast host, even if I can't spell his name...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
The Paracast is almost always a great show! Im looking forwards to this big time.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

I'll definatly post a link when I get the show date. For those that don't know, The Paracast airs on Sunday evenings, but all previous shows are archived and can be downloaded and listened to for free. It took me half a year to go through the older shows which interested me, sure makes those long drives more bareable...

www.theparacast.com

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It's on YouTube already. Here's part 1 www.youtube.com...
(sorry I'm an embed-noob)

I thought the interviewer was biased and extremely annoying the first half of the "debate". If you have an agenda of your own and like to hear yourself talk you shouldn't conduct/mediate a debate. Other than that nothing new was really said.
edit on 7-9-2011 by IofRa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by IofRa

Read my post. The debate I'm refering to will be taped on Sept 13th by Gene Stienberg and Christopher O'Brien for broadcast on The Paracast. The youtube video is different. I'm confident that it will be handled much better by the Paracast hosts...

But thanks for the link, it'll help develop better questions for when they meet again...

It still amazes me that people post without reading the OP or following the links first. It saves you from looking ill-informed at best, ignorant and reactionary at worse...
edit on 7-9-2011 by Toxicsurf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToxicsurfIt still amazes me that people post without reading the OP or following the links first. It saves you from looking ill-informed at best, ignorant and reactionary at worse...

That's quite a list of personality traits you're throwing at me.
People make mistakes. I read your post, went to the link but in my ignorant ill-informed reactionary mind confused the debates with each other. Sorry to "piss" on your thread, but please don't get your panties in a bunch.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by IofRa

my apologies, didnt mean to come off so harsh. I was actually gonna edit that out but forgot. It just gets.frustrating sometimes, but I really shouldnt take some things so seriously. I'm usually the last person to get involved in any mud slinging or name calling....

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
it's all good

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The Paracast show with Friedman and Alexander will air tomorrow evening, Sunday September 25th, (4pm PST, 7pm EST)...
www.theparacast.com

Been looking forward to this. I'm pretty sure there will be no real new information, but also think it should be quite entertaining and informative...
edit on 24-9-2011 by Toxicsurf because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2011 by Toxicsurf because: link

join