It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am a Straight, Married Christian Male in Support of Gay Marriage

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Your moderate view is very logical, but logic and religion don't always mix.

Fixed that part for you to better reflect accuracy

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

If everyone took an oath of celibacy, that also would be bad...does that mean people whom practice abstinence are also a detriment to society? same thing...

Yes, by his logic, every priest, nun, and sterile individual on the planet is a detriment to society. The birth control pill is the work of the devil, and condoms should be outlawed along with masturbation!

Doesn't the Genesis also say, "he would waste the semen on the ground, so as not to give offspring to his brother. And what he did was wicked in the sight of the Lord, and he put him to death also."

And for everyone claming they could not possibly, ever, under any circumstance be swayed to be gay. Think of this......a dozen of the hottest women on the planet, all yours for the taking, and all you have to do is perform a small homosexual act for a couple of brief moments, and then you get the whole she-bang. Would you be swayed? I would be swayed, no doubt about it. I am not attracted to men in the slightest bit, but I am SO attracted to women, that I could be swayed for the means to justify the ends, and I would brag about it afterwards without a second-thought whatsoever, because every man I know would entirely understand!

Even Ron White understands we are all a little bit Gay, it is just a matter of degrees.

I don't know if this needs a Language Warning, I can't watch it myself, but runs on Comedy Central, so I think it is safe, but be warned anyway!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperTripps

Male and Female go together.

Indeed they do.

But is this the sole pairing of Male and Female the only successful breeding strategy?

Not even close.

In populations of social animals many complex structures arise to ensure the reproductive success of the species. Having a portion of the population as non reproductive ensures that there is a place for all the cast off progeny of those members of the breeding population who are great at popping out babies but no so good at rearing them.

Given our planets Human population and staggering number of orphans, we are foolish to not embrace Homosexuals as productive citizens who are often more then willing to take on parental duties that the breed population is not.
edit on 7-9-2011 by Helmkat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Yes, truth...cannot deny
If everyone on earth suddenly turned gay, we would be in trouble..fine (good job!)
If everyone suddenly turned into carrots, rabbits would become monsters....are we going to stay in reality, or shall we base our principles on the most outlandish fantasy

-make some realistic sense here, this isn't about what we eat, its about sexuality, and as far as sex goes, you need a penis AND a vagina. Also, what about vegitarians? Do they fear the rabbit or protect it?

If everyone took an oath of celibacy, that also would be bad...does that mean people whom practice abstinence are also a detriment to society? same thing...

-Alot of people are abstinent until they marry. Then they have a family. Sounds pretty responsible to me. Either way your getting off topic.

edit on 7-9-2011 by 200457 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Think of this......a dozen of the hottest women on the planet, all yours for the taking, and all you have to do is perform a small homosexual act for a couple of brief moments, and then you get the whole she-bang. Would you be swayed? I would be swayed, no doubt about it. I am not attracted to men in the slightest bit, but I am SO attracted to women,

There is a difference there
The women thing wouldn't sway me...but sure, I can be coaxed into doing stuff...say for money or power, magic, etc...whatever, say my price was named and I did something (hell, I did plenty of things in life I later regretted).

But, to be homosexual is not a specific act, but a mindset...being raped in prison doesn't make you gay, it makes you endure something you don't enjoy...being gay is to prefer your own gender sexually, thats it really...

Arguably, a man or woman could be with the same sex partner repeatedly and not be gay if they did it simply for some benefit (money, etc)...or someone could be with the opposite sex for years, have a family, and be totally gay and simply hiding it. (this happens a lot, especially in old school familys where it is a shame and deep programming to hide their thoughts).

So yeah, being gay mentally and dealing with some situations you don't like to achieve a desired result are night and day...
in saying that, the payoff better be big....would rather eat a pound of olives than even a mild act frankly...and I really hate olives.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat

Indeed they do.

But is this the sole pairing of Male and Female the only successful breeding strategy?

Not even close.

In populations of social animals many complex structures arise to ensure the reproductive success of the species. Having a portion of the population as non reproductive ensures that there is a place for all the cast off progeny of those members of the breeding population who are great at popping out babies but no so good at rearing them.

Given our planets Human population and staggering number of orphans, we are foolish to not embrace Homosexuals as productive citizens who are often more then willing to take on parental duties that the breed population is not.

Then maybe they should suck it up and have kids of their own, a real family, with a real sex partner.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
lol, before I went to bed last night I had a strong feeling someone was going to create a thread on gay marriage and then today I wake up and look at new topics and bang! I see it. I'm straight but I support gay marriage as I see it as if two people, man or woman are happy with their same sex partner then why deny there love. Religion was created to control bring fear. If it stated in the bible that if you have more than 1 child then you are going to be punished would you believe it? Then why believe in something they state that was written a million years ago for there time generation that they believed was not right, heck! they dint even under stand what DNA was back then, lol. As long as people believe in things they think are not natural and and deny it, then the people will never find true love in there heart and will not evolve during the transformation that is currently in place. Take care! Show love and it will return in favor for you.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I don't care whether or not gays get married but admit that it bothers me when I hear of people going up the aisle for the third, forth or fifth time... I mean, how many people are you going to pledge undying love to?

The same for marriages of convenience, where people get married to please their families or because they were more fixated on being married than on who they ended up married to, where it's all a facade. I have met so many couples who aren't even that old, who take separate vacations, who fight constantly when no one else is around but pretend to be the happy couple whenever there's a social function. Then they have kids, and the kids turn out to be complete brats because the couple spends more time quarrelling than giving their child any attention.

A real gay marriage is superior to a fake straight marriage...
edit on 7-9-2011 by Jessica6 because: added

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 200457
-Alot of people are abstinent until they marry. Then they have a family. Sounds pretty responsible to me. Either way your getting off topic.

And a lot of people are priests, and listed above, sterile...are they also a detriment
You used a fantasy senario to justify your thinking...if everyone turned gay, then society is doomed...therefore gay is bad
I am using your measuring stick and applying it on other senarios...if you believe being gay is a choice, then its equal to abstinance (see priest, monk, etc)...if -everyone- suddenly woke up a priest or nun, or sterile, then society would also be doomed, therefore by your judgement, that makes them equally bad as gays (detriment is your word).

You said your opinion, I checked your opinion, now your saying its going off topic. Just man up and say your opinion has some flaws in it...use a bit of introspection and accept it as invalid overall...hell, we don't have to all be jedi wizards with infinite wisdom...sometimes we have dumb stances that we revise later upon thinking of it...that separates us from robots...

It is more honest if you simply say you don't like gays because they creep you out and like stuff you don't like verses try and justify it through a very weak argument.
If we stick to our guns for every bad argument we make, we will never progress past toddler logic.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessica6
I don't care whether or not gays get married but admit that it bothers me when I hear of people going up the aisle for the third, forth or fifth time... I mean, how many people are you going to pledge undying love to?

It would be a good idea to have contracts verses unions...say a 5 year contract and every 5 years, option to renew with said partner, or simply let it dissolve. I think people may appreciate things more knowing that 5 years down the road, if you failed as a spouse, they may go elsewhere legally and with no consequences...might make more attentive partners and ultimately a more enjoyable time together.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The real reason the government doesn't want gay people to marry is same reason why they don't want polygamy

One word TAXES

If gay couples can marry then they can claim as one household where different rules and tax breaks apply

That's a lose of income for the government

Especially since people who are not gay just might get married to save money I mean why not social stigma and taboo aside if you can save thousands of dollars by marrying your friend why wouldn't you its not like you have sleep with them both of you could go to Cancun or Amsterdam for your honeymoon and with the money you save and get laid by all the hookers you want

imagine if both polygamy and gay marriage where legal you could marry ten of your friends and the love of your life and the Government would be even more broker then they already are

People who whine about the children or the sanctity of marriage are just fans of fans and repeat like groupy parrots the copout answers fed to them by people who have something to lose if it is made legal
like losing the ability to misappropriate spending to fund to BS projects for people who fund their campaign due to a decrease of taxes income Causing a recession for members of Congress

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Humans tend to be monogamous and want to formalize that monogamy. Religious people do it in a church, non-religious tend to do it in a civil court. Call it what you want, but two people forming that type of relationship are married. If people want to change it to a "civil union", then so be it as long as everyone get the same benefit. It's ridiculous in the first place that we get tax breaks for being married, that my best friend can't visit me in the hospital, that a crack-addled man and woman can have children in their home while a responsible, professional couple of women can't.

Is homosexuality an aberration? Yes. Males and females procreate to continue the species. Gays can't procreate with each other. But they can adopt. They can provide a loving, nurturing environment for a child thrown away by their traditionally-married mother and father. But homosexuality is overwhelmingly a natural phenomenon. Many animal groups have been found to display homosexual behavior. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Christian bible teach that God created everything in nature? Why would a loving, caring God created something and then tell that thing to not act according to its nature?

I believe I'm done with this thread. I posted this to show that not every person that calls themselves Christian (whether it's a strict adherence to what modern Christians think the bible says, or something more closely to what was originally written) spews hatred and vitriol at every turn toward gays just because they were created that way. It's amazing to me that so many of you so-called Christians can be filled with so much filth and bile.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
sorry but i despite people who judge other people based on their sexuality, you have no rights to judge anyone and just because "religion" says is wrong or just because you have a really close mind, you can't be against gay people or the rights that they deserve, they are people too and yes there's bad gay people but there's a lot of straight people who are bad too, a person you love and care about could be gay and you can't change the way you think about them just because they have another preference, it's really stupid and immature, gay people are no different than straight ones.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Marriage is for man and woman end of!

Gay marriage should stay banned! How dare they demand equal footing with a NORMAL man and woman!
Marriage is the sacred union of man and woman alone!
Glad the law and government wont budge!

Nah lol

Im more concerned with the government legislating who i we have in our beds and lives and who we can love.

Butt out of our bedrooms government!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by manticorex5
sorry but i despite people who judge other people based on their sexuality, you have no rights to judge anyone and just because "religion" says is wrong or just because you have a really close mind, you can't be against gay people or the rights that they deserve, they are people too and yes there's bad gay people but there's a lot of straight people who are bad too, a person you love and care about could be gay and you can't change the way you think about them just because they have another preference, it's really stupid and immature, gay people are no different than straight ones.

I'll point out the irony here. You hate people that hate gay people just because they hate gay people?

Well sir, I hate you for hating people who hate gay people.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I think it's insane for gay people to want to emulate straight people by marrying. Instead of emulating a bad scene based on ownership and sex roles. They could create legal rights via PARTNERSHIP commitment. That would be so much better than traditional marriage! Look at our divorce rates! Marriage needs renegotiating.

Marriage has nothing to do with sex......so leave that out of the arguments.
Ask any middle aged married man.....

edit on 7/9/11 by RainbeauBleu because: to declare celibacy

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by 200457

And a lot of people are priests, and listed above, sterile...are they also a detriment
You used a fantasy senario to justify your thinking...if everyone turned gay, then society is doomed...therefore gay is bad
I am using your measuring stick and applying it on other senarios...if you believe being gay is a choice, then its equal to abstinance (see priest, monk, etc)...if -everyone- suddenly woke up a priest or nun, or sterile, then society would also be doomed, therefore by your judgement, that makes them equally bad as gays (detriment is your word).

You said your opinion, I checked your opinion, now your saying its going off topic. Just man up and say your opinion has some flaws in it...use a bit of introspection and accept it as invalid overall...hell, we don't have to all be jedi wizards with infinite wisdom...sometimes we have dumb stances that we revise later upon thinking of it...that separates us from robots...

It is more honest if you simply say you don't like gays because they creep you out and like stuff you don't like verses try and justify it through a very weak argument.
If we stick to our guns for every bad argument we make, we will never progress past toddler logic.

I would certainly say that religion is detrimental to society too, so yes, the priests and monks are being detrimental to a point. Just like being gay is detrimental to a point. Sure there are more important things to worry about, but the point is, being gay is detrimental from a scientific perspective. The topic is about gays, so I talked about gays. Gay=weird fetish/confused emotions.

And more honest? Everything I said up until the last sentence of the last paragraph is a proveable FACT.
MEN HAVE PENISES, WOMEN HAVE VAGINAS, end of story.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

You can't be done with your own thread?
You've seen these threads before, and you knew what to expect. Stick it out.

As for this.....

Humans tend to be monogamous and want to formalize that monogamy.

I have never seen a monogamous human before! I have seen some that were sworn to monogamy and struggled to maintain it despite their natural urges, but humans are not biologically monogamous. There are animals that mate for life, and they do so without any moral code or penalty for cheating, they are just naturally monogamous. Human beings are not one of those animals! We are programmed as predators and conquerers, and we have a natural desire exactly opposite of monogamy.

I'm sure there are exceptions, but I'm also sure the amount of infidelity, adultery, divorce, and rape show that monogamy is not our natural state.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

I'm absolutely fine with gay marriage, and I can understand one man loving another. I may not grasp the sexual side of things, but why shouldn't they be allowed to marry ? They aren't any different than you or I, they just are interested in sharing their life with another man. I love all my friends, man or woman. Love is love, it shouldn't matter who it is that you love. Besides it's no ones business, what goes on in another persons home or private life any how. How would you feel if marriage was banned for straight people ! Marriage has nothing to do with sexual orientation, it's about love.

As far as I'm concerned it's about time. The world is changing in a very fast paced and exciting way, religion has not changed since it was born and as far as I'm concerned it doesn't cover even a small portion of many of the changes that are happening today, or happened yesterday or will happen tomorrow!

The fundamental principles of all religion tell us to accept every man and woman for who they are and to leave any and all choices another man makes out of it. It isn't an individuals choice to judge anyone, and if someone chooses to judge someone they are going against what their religion tells them. If you believe you are a good christian, catholic, jew or muslim etc. It is not your place to judge! That is between god and the individual, and if that man is happy and believes in himself What's it to you Anyhow? I'm proud to live in a world where everyone is allowed to be happy, and free. If they aren't hurting anyone, leave them alone. Worry about the murderers, child molesters and rapists! Worry about poverty, hunger and the homeless. If we put the effort and attention people put on race, religion, or sexual orientation on something useful and productive like disease, or any other real problem. We as a society would grow so much further!

Could you imagine a world free of hunger ? Could you imagine a world where every man is equal ? Where no one is poor. Where every child, woman and man has access to the best health care. There would be no life lost to unnecessary violence or war. A world with no disease, or lower class! Everyone, would have everything they need. It's not as far out as it has been made to sound. Imagine, if anyone nation took the money that's spent on fighting each other and put it towards fighting disease. The USA Spends ridiculous amounts of money and time, testing and creating new ways to end lives, imagine if that time and man power was put towards discovering new or improving existing cures for diseases. I don't understand why it's so out there to think or even do things like this.

I'm getting off topic so I have to stop there. I'm 100% for gay rights, and marriage. I'm shocked at how ignorant people can be. We are all the same. We don't all have to be friends, and in no way do I think everyone has to love someone they don't like, but just because you don't like something doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. If it's real it's real. Nature is an amazing thing, and the same as you believe someone being straight is natural, why isn't someone being gay natural. People raised, and born all over the world can be and are gay. So what !

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat

Indeed they do.

Not even close.

once again you don't get it and neither do the pontificators. SEX is universally divided into 2 parts...its part of the dualistic nature of the universe

procreation and the dualistic nature cannot be denied

being gay should have no bearing on what rights you do or don't get . being gay doesn't mean you shouldn't have all the rights in life.

i understand the point that some make b/w marriage and partnership. i don't care if gay folks get a partnership legally, etc. . I get why many in society would not want to make gay marriage something to be elevated in society
in fact i see all points.

take the pontificating( aimed at everyone not you personally) and go home IMO. you don' t need to carry the torch for 5-10% of the world who is "born gay" and I will never understand why straight people go to bat on this issue and allow themselves to be manipulated by the political elite over this. same as abortion

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join