It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am a Straight, Married Christian Male in Support of Gay Marriage

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by spw184
I relate gays to blacks. In the OLD days, people quoted things from the bible to say that blacks where demonspawn, horrible, ill, going to hell, all the same things they say about gays. Im just gonna give it 40 years. lets see what happens THAN.
This is a slap in the face to blacks that fought for civil rights, being black is a matter of genetics, being gay is not.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Ok.. umm i dont wanna sound like a idiot.. but what exactly IS the gay agenda?? lol im gay and its not like some overlord is telling me some sinister plot to overthrow humanity xD

Ok, it goes like this. You get in their face. You throw pixie tinsel at republican meetings and town halls. You dress in pink and march in the streets demanding acceptance and equality for your behavior. You pressure Tv and radio to do more gay stuff or else. You put your stuff out there in parades. Stuff like that and much more.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by discharged77

Orlynao? You do realize that that is a super debated topic and the only reason it is still being discussed is because there is no evidence on either side (Hardcore I mean.) The truth is, we dont know, so I really dont think you can try and use that as "Evidence" to back up your point of view.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Ok.. umm i dont wanna sound like a idiot.. but what exactly IS the gay agenda?? lol im gay and its not like some overlord is telling me some sinister plot to overthrow humanity xD

Ok, it goes like this. You get in their face. You throw pixie tinsel at republican meetings and town halls. You dress in pink and march in the streets demanding acceptance and equality for your behavior. You pressure Tv and radio to do more gay stuff or else. You put your stuff out there in parades. Stuff like that and much more.

LMAO!!! I Love you!!! Lol thats only the obnoxious steryotypical types (Not me
) Personaly i find them obnoxious... and asians have parades, blacks have parades, heck, even some S&M Groups have parades, why cant we have one? Lol. And BTW: Im teaparty republican.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

Originally posted by Gravity215

I am quite OK with gay married couples adopting. Since being gay is overwhelmingly found to occur in nature, and thus could be said to be genetic, it's unlikely a child will "grow up to be gay".

Hi OP,

A little off topic but I would have to disagree with this statement. Evolution clearly points to homosexuality as a disease. Before politics got involved it was classified as this and only changed by political pressure.

If it is a disease, then why would God forbid the act to his early human children? Surely God knows that if a person is afflicted with a disease that person is not in full control of their actions.

As to the others claiming that I am not a Christian, I am not your flavor of Christian apparently. But Catholicism and Baptist are different flavors, yet they are both Christian groups.

And people are quoting Paul, who at the same time believed that women should not speak in church, and that men shouldn't marry in the first place? Riddle us that, Batman.

/TOA

Even if you want to tarnish Paul's interpretation of the message, Christ's message is still very clear about sin. Try and worm your way out of it all you like but the truth of Christ's teachings will keep coming back to slap you in the face. Don't be lukewarm, you need to make a decision to follow all of Christ's teachings or none at all.

REV 3:14 "To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:

These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation. I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth.

MT 18:7 "Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to sin! Such things must come, but woe to the man through whom they come! If your hand or your foot causes you to sin cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire. And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.

Take sin seriously! Don't let Satan fool you through a lukewarm view of christianity that is becoming more and more prevalent as time goes on!

Speak the truth in Love.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Sorry, but you are not a Christian. True Christians will stand up for God and His Word, even though they know the world is going to hate them for it. True Christians do not sit there and think of ways to twist God's commandments and rules to better suit their own tastes, all the while claiming to be a Christian.

Marriage was the second institution God instated for humans (the 7th day Sabbath is the first- see Genesis 2:3):

Genesis 2:21-24(KJV)
21And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
22And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
23And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
24Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

It makes no sense to try to say that it is within God's will that two homosexuals get married. There is, however, nothing wrong with loving one another the correct way. Jesus actually gave a new commandment before he left to go back to Heaven. The commandment was that we all love one another as He has loved us :

John 13:34-35(KJV)
34A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
35By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Sadly, these days, the majority of people who claim to be Christians either take their pastor's word for it when it comes to what the Bible teaches, or they just throw out their own interpretations without actually studying it. However, that was prophesied, and that prophecy is 100% correct:

Amos 8:11(KJV)
11Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:

Jesus said the world would embrace homosexuality and it will be like that when He returns:

Luke 17:28-30(KJV)
28Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
29But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

Embracing the sins that are running rampant in these last days is dangerous, and puts ones eternal life at stake. A true Christian will not condone, encourage, or support sinful nature for that reason:

Proverbs 13:20(KJV)
20He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.

edit on 6-9-2011 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I have a feeling that 50 years ago you would have a different opinion of Blacks, and that 50 years in the future you would have a different opinion of gays. 1000 years from now you would feel the same way towards people that will be boning aliens.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gravity215

I am quite OK with gay married couples adopting. Since being gay is overwhelmingly found to occur in nature, and thus could be said to be genetic, it's unlikely a child will "grow up to be gay".

Hi OP,

A little off topic but I would have to disagree with this statement. Evolution clearly points to homosexuality as a disease. Before politics got involved it was classified as this and only changed by political pressure.

Evolution says this 'Natural Selection will only carry on gene's that replicate. If a gene pool is not replicated then a mutation will not continue.' hence homosexuals who do not replicate their genetics do not pass on the mutation and it is not a genetic variation.

In order to argue that gay people are born that way and cannot choose to be gay or not means, it has to be a disease either in the mother during pregnancy or the fetus.

As far as evolution pointing to homosexuality being a disease, there are already proposed theories that explain how homosexuality could be conveyed through genes by means of homosexuals being able to support relatives, since they don't have kids of their own. That would help the chances for survival.

You probably don't understand medicine or psychology that well. Both exist for the benefit of the patient, normally not anything larger than that. What benefit would there be to a patient in diagnosing him as being dysfunctional solely based on homosexuality, something some are perfectly fine with or prefer over being straight. Medicine doesn't exist to condemn the people you're serving. If a person has to make make their bed every morning or else they go completely off the wall bonkers, does that person have a disease or are they just different? Defining abnormal psychology has many things that need to be taken into consideration, deviance isn't indicative of something automatically "wrong".

A disease has to cause dis-ease, and it doesn't for most, so it's not a disease. Look at identical twin studies, even separated at birth if one is gay the other has higher than a 50% chance to be gay.

Orlynao? You do realize that that is a super debated topic and the only reason it is still being discussed is because there is no evidence on either side (Hardcore I mean.) The truth is, we dont know, so I really dont think you can try and use that as "Evidence" to back up your point of view.

You might want to catch up a bit on your own "topic".

For example, a meta-study by Hershberger (2001)[5] compares the results of eight different twin studies: among those, all but two showed MZ twins having much higher concordance of sexual orientation than DZ twins, suggesting a non-negligible genetic component. Two additional examples: Bailey and Pillard (1991) in a study of gay twins found that 52% of monozygotic (MZ) brothers and 22% of the dizygotic (DZ) twins were concordant for homosexuality.[6] Also, Bailey, Dunne and Martin (2000) used the Australian twin registry to obtain a sample of 4,901 twins.[7] Self reported zygosity, sexual attraction, fantasy and behaviours were assessed by questionnaire and zygosity was serologically checked when in doubt. MZ twin concordance for homosexuality was found to be 30%.

en.wikipedia.org...

Makes you guys saying there isn't a genetic component sound rather silly. Let's hope it doesn't extend into the "fruity" category for your sakes.

edit on 6-9-2011 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Explanation: Uhmmm?

People argue that a gay dude is the same a straight guy
so what? only straight guys can lose their tempers?

People argue that a homosexual is the same a heterosexual, So what? Only heterosexuals can get married!

Personal Disclosure: Now your starting to feel how the homosexuals feel ... pigeon holed! It doesn't feel nice does it!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Gravity215

Explanation: St*rred!

Evolution says this 'Natural Selection will only carry on gene's that replicate. If a gene pool is not replicated then a mutation will not continue.' hence homosexuals who do not replicate their genetics do not pass on the mutation and it is not a genetic variation.

Sperm and Egg donors!

Personal Disclosure: People will do nearly anything imaginable to have a family if they are desparate enough!

Also there is the epi-genetics effects to consider if one is looking at this genetically! Things may skip several generations before turning up again.

edit on 6-9-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix spelling.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
To everyone saying that it is a bad gene, i will not deny that it is a gene, but that it is bad. We are still CAPABLE of making babies, we just dont because we dont like it. Just like if sombody told me to eat a grapefruit, which i hate, I would say no. But that does not change the fact that I COULD eat the grapefruit, and it wouldnt posion me.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
You say your a Christian?
Really?
Really!
I'm going to answer your sinful title, by making my own statement.

Christians reject murder, theft, lies, idolatry, false witness, fornication and adultery.
This is just the short list too. It doesn't mean that Christian don't do it. It means that when our soul tells us that we have sinned against G_D, that we are sorry, and will amend our life to not do it again.
And to trust our Lord Jesus Christ (Elohim Yahushua Messiah) to forgive us.
You might as well say that because you are Christian, you support murder, theft, lies, idolatry, false witness, fornication and adultery.
G_D created Adam and Eve, Not Adam and Steve.
Sell it some where else

No star and No flag

Mods to censor my post in 5..4..3..
edit on 6-9-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
You say your a Christian?
Really?
Really!
I'm going to answer your sinful title, by making my own statement.

Christians reject murder, theft, lies, idolatry, false witness, fornication and adultery.
This is just the short list too. It doesn't mean that Christian don't do it. It means that when our soul tells us that we have sinned against G_D, that we are sorry, and will amend our life to not do it again.
And to trust our Lord Jesus Christ (Elohim Yahushua Messiah) to forgive us.
You might as well say that because you are Christian, you support murder, theft, lies, idolatry, false witness, fornication and adultery.
G_D created Adam and Eve, Not Adam and Steve.
Sell it some where else

No star and No flag

Mods to censor my post in 5..4..3..
edit on 6-9-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

I don't want a false Christian's stars and flags, thank you. It's quite ironic how all of you supposed "Christians" come on here to spew your hate toward people that want to show their expression of love toward each other. If you understood love, maybe you'd think differently. But all you have is hate and vitriol in your hearts.

Not to mention that most of my thread had to do with the legality of marriage as a contract between two people. You don't have to be a Christian, or religious at all, to see that denying that contract should be illegal in itself.

Sometimes I'm embarrassed to be associated with Christians. Thank God I can keep my faith as my own and don't have to rely on you hate-filled charlatans to practice it.

/TOA
edit on 7-9-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Seems you CAN teach an old dog new tricks.
Congratulations. I really appreciate your willingness and open-mindedness on this subject.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Ahh Ladies and Germs,

When will this issue cease to be an issue any more. The Federal Government of the US is against gay matrimony I truly cannot understand why it bothers people to such an extent. Even that fact that threads get made about this topic in my eyes is the same as constantly talking about race. Do you honestly , in your heart care if two people want to get married of the same sex. Honestly ask your self truly how would your life change if your neighbour got married to a dude ? Come on for those that oppose it, worry about yourself and maybe your eating habits or family welfare not if 2 same sex people love each other. I live in Barcelona Spain and we all live in harmony in one of the most open societies in the world, for those of you who have been here you know what I mean. No one here minds what the other is doing behind closed doors , why the f$%k should you?

Good on you OP for having an open mind in.........yes you've got it 2011

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I am a Christian woman and my best friend is a gay male. We have talked about this subject in depth. I feel that gays should be able to have a civil union. Instead of marriage which seems to turn people off why not a civil union which gives them the same rights as the rest of us. None of us are here to judge others but to love and lift them up. Judging is not our place.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I think you may be gay

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Comeuppance

How christian of you to decide for others....

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
But a baby needs a father figure and a mother figure

Are you suggesting that all orphans and kids of single parents are doomed, then?

How is a lesbian couple going to teach the kid to play fastball?
How is a lesbian couple going to teach a kid how to shave?

Newsflash! Women can play ball. Women shave! Amazing, isn't it?

How would a father explain girls getting their periods to a little girl?

A father would explain it the same way a mother would. With facts, honesty and love.

and i'm only scratching the surface here

You're grasping at straws, here.

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
a man shows his son how to shave his face
a girl wouldnt' want to talk to a man about periods

Get one of those hydraulic tools they use to free accident victims and use it to pry OPEN YOUR MIND just a little bit. You're too smart to be so closed-minded.

Sometimes I'm embarrassed to be associated with Christians. Thank God I can keep my faith as my own and don't have to rely on you hate-filled charlatans to practice it.

I don't blame you. I support people having and practicing their religion, but when they take religion and twist it into something ugly, telling you that you're not hateful and bigoted enough to be a real Christian, it truly separates the real Christians from the lip-service ones real fast.

Again, bravo!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Comeuppance
I am a Christian woman and my best friend is a gay male. We have talked about this subject in depth. I feel that gays should be able to have a civil union. Instead of marriage which seems to turn people off why not a civil union which gives them the same rights as the rest of us. None of us are here to judge others but to love and lift them up. Judging is not our place.

Actually I agree with this.

Let the churches have the term "marriage" and keep the government out of it. Let a "civil union" be something for the governments, and let it be a form filed in the court like any other contract or partnership. Anyone should have the right to form the civil union to name a beneficiary for estates, SS, and Retirement, and a decision maker for health issues, and receive the tax benefits of being a couple. As I said before, I don't think it should be only sexual couples, I think two old widow ladies, or two, single, heterosexual fathers should be able to form a civil union as well.

But, why not define "marriage" as something for the churches to perform.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join