It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am a Straight, Married Christian Male in Support of Gay Marriage

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I love how everyone ignored my video about the ugandan "Kill gays" bill.

It states that all gays and their familes and all who associate or hide gays, will be killed.

This was almost passed on may 12 2011.

This is what you haters and religous gaybashers do.
Kill.Innocent.People.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by spw184

Originally posted by 547000

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I'm done with you.

Well, you're not the first to exit a discussion because you can't address the subject or answer the questions asked of you...

You clearly have strong convictions by what you read in some scriptures, but you ignore others completely.

Remind you of anyone? Look in the mirror, my friend. Better yet, talk with your God about it.

Enough with your trash talk. I'm only following what is said according to scripture. It's not politically correct, but it is written.

Pigs can fly and black people are made out of fishcakes.

Omg that was written too! I guess that must be true too!

You don't believe it was inspired by God but we do.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by yes4141

I would need to look it up because I was curious if other people experienced it too.

I think I was given that experience because I asked God to give me an experience whereby I would know which path to walk. I was an atheist giving the go with the seeking God with all your heart thing.
edit on 28-9-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

It states that all gays and their familes and all who associate or hide gays, will be killed.

Kill.Innocent.People.

How is saying that churches should not wed gays the same as calling for their death? They can be united outside of church.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Kill.Innocent.People.

How is saying that churches should not wed gays the same as calling for their death? They can be united outside of church.

Im not talking about YOU, im talking about drax, yes12 somtimes, and that other guy who posts like 4 line responses. You actually seem to be the MOST rational out of the bunch but still e_e

Its the entire mindset though, and this bill is the accumulation of it.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Can they be "MARRIED" outside of church? Would you be OK if gay marriage was legal as long as churches weren't forced to do the ceremony?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Can they be "MARRIED" outside of church? Would you be OK if gay marriage was legal as long as churches weren't forced to do the ceremony?

Yes, and for the fifteenth time, HAVEN'T WE ALREADY ESTABLISHED THIS??

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yes. I just don't want the churches to promote sin. They can do whatever they want outside of church. The churches should not bless that which goes against the scriptures.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Kill.Innocent.People.

Im not talking about YOU, im talking about drax, yes12 somtimes, and that other guy who posts like 4 line responses. You actually seem to be the MOST rational out of the bunch but still e_e

Its the entire mindset though, and this bill is the accumulation of it.

Sorry, I thought you meant me. I'm used to be called names for having the opinion that churches shouldn't wed gays.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Yes. I just don't want the churches to promote sin. They can do whatever they want outside of church. The churches should not bless that which goes against the scriptures.

I can respect this opinion, but your original quote that got my feathers up is this:

They're not content to be gay and stay out of church.

It sounded to me like you don't think gay people should be in church at all. You claimed to know that gay people don't repent and therefore don't belong in church at all. You said "Religion is useless for them".

You also said:

Wedding non-virgins will allow them to repent of fornication, but wedding homosexuals will not allow them to repent.

As if being homosexual is a 'worse sin' than premarital sex. You think it's OK for the church to wed some sinners, but not others. The hypocrisy in your position needs to have the light shined on it. You are prejudiced against gay people, NOT because you know they are having sex with other gay people (because you don't) but simply for the way God made them...

Now, you seem to have backed off your original statements and brought it down to "The church shouldn't be forced to marry gay people" with which I completely agree. But be aware that there are some churches that marry gay people right now. So, you can't keep the gay out of the church.

edit on 9/28/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Christianity is incompatible with homosexuality. We simply cannot honor it. We can love gays, treat them fairly, but saying their marriage is blessed by God is seriously stretching it. That is why it should stay out of church. I don't see why holding such a view make me a hater. Maybe you feel that people who don't hold a liberal stance are all haters? My stance from the beginning was complaining about gays trying to get churches to marry them.

Concerning whether religion is useless, repentance is necessary for forgiveness, and forgiveness is necessary for salvation. Modern people don't take repentance seriously. And I said most gays, not all gays. This is politically incorrect but observable. Instead of saying "Yes, according to scriptures, this is wrong" many gay people try to twist scriptures to make the bible say it is okay. There is no shortage of examples and Google will prove helpful here.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Kill.Innocent.People.

Errr no.
Frankly I don't understand all this 'proud to be gay' stuff. I think it's wrong (and I don't have a religious bone in my body). Yes I appreciate people were born that way. Doesn't make it right though... Doesn't mean I support murder and persecution either.
Just get on with it. It's your business. But spare me the 'gay pride' marches and the indoctrination of our kids. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Christianity is incompatible with homosexuality.

In YOUR opinion. The plethora of gay Christians would disagree with you.
But you're entitled to have your opinion. I just think you should stop worrying about OTHER people's relationship with God and let God handle it.
He really doesn't need you and your judgments.

Your form of Christianity I can do without.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

But you're entitled to have your opinion. I just think you should stop worrying about OTHER people's relationship with God and let God handle it.

Having an orthodox opinion is not judgement. And what about what is said about warning others of destruction? That requires judgement of some kind by your standards. Are we supposed to just blindly accept apostasy?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Like me

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10

Kill.Innocent.People.

Yes I appreciate people were born that way. Doesn't make it right though... .

Lets take a test!

Is having type one diabetes not right?
Is having down syndrom not right?
Is being black not right?
Is being autistic not right?
Is being asian not right?
Is being disfigured not right?
Is being gay not right?

If you said "yes" to ALL of the above questions than you are a rational human being.
If you said "no" to ANY of the above questions, you are an ignorant being that does not belong here. Please educate yourself or go hide in your moms basement. (That is if your not already there)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by spw184

Why was I (I think you meant me) grouped with "haters and religious gaybashers"? All through this thread I've been stating exactly the opposite of those things.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I am also a straight married man and Disciple of Christ.....

and I have NO PROBLEM WITH GAY MARRIAGE

not one bit

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

So is Catholicism.

It just wears the fake badge for brownie points.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Partisanity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Having an orthodox opinion is not judgement. And what about what is said about warning others of destruction? That requires judgement of some kind by your standards. Are we supposed to just blindly accept apostasy?

Not adhering to strict nonsense that directly goes against Jesus' teachings for the purpose of pointing out every splinter that you see in everyone else's eye is NOT apostasy.

Abandoning Jesus' teachings to preach against how evil everyone but you is... and then acting as if your equalized sexual sins don't exist... that could be seen as apostasy.

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join