It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am a Straight, Married Christian Male in Support of Gay Marriage

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The first thing that this is doing, is confirming what many in the church, let along Jesus would not have wanted, to use religion as a weapon to destroy faith. Many much wiser people, who have studied and looked at religion would state, to use religion like that not only defeats the purpose, but ultimately is a sin unto itself.

So while you may use the bible as a reason to deny 2 people of the same sex to wed and marry, the point ultimately will be, beyond religious nature, there really is no argument, no legitimate reason why they can not do such. Think carefully before you reply, as that also would indicate something else, which also many people would reject, laws based on religious principle alone.

Theocracy’s do just that, they use religious laws and principle to guide and to keep the people under a strict moral code. Many in the USA, bulk at the mention of Shari’ a, as it is a series of rules, laws and moral guidelines, that are what those who follow Islam use in a lot of the Islamic republics. Countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Syria, and to a degree Turkey, all follow and adhere to what is written and dictated by the clerics there, and yet we find that to be wrong. So why is it wrong for them to demand a more strict religious adherence, and yet would demand the same form under Christianity in the United States?

It is equally wrong to ask a church to go against its fundamental beliefs, to betray what it believes and force them to wed to people of the same sex. However, to allow for those to wed under a civil law, as so many do already, outside of the religious applications or to allow for those church’s and religious organizations to do such, that is something that has to be allowed.

We all have read or understand the bible, and like any work that is written, we will all interpret it one way or the other, getting something different. The ideas and concepts that are there, will always affect different people different ways. Like the different denominations of Christianity, we are all different and believe different things. Not all are going to be willing to follow the Baptist view of the bible, and probably would not be comfortable with the Catholic view of such either. And it is fully unreasonable to expect that one denominations view is the absolute authority on what is and is not acceptable in accordance with what is written down in the bible.

This book, the holy Bible, has been around for years, longer than all of us have been around, it has been debated over, discussed, translated, retranslated and ultimately boiled down to the very book and texts that we are all arguing over today.

All this kind of argument does is just continue to fracture a house that is already fractured and continues to divide. Going back through history, if you look, there has always been one group or another that has been the focus of needless attacks by the population due to the fear of social change. Chinese, Irish, German, Italian, Polish, Puerto Ricans, Hispanics, Latinos, African Americans, Mix Marriages, and the list continues on and one, all in the name of religion, were discriminated against and forbidden in one form or another from being a part of the country, set apart as second class citizens. The question is when does it end? When will the very idea of equality and justice for all take more of a prevailing thought in every ones mind?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by texastig

Perhaps a simple google search will show you information that shows otherwise. Or watch the video posted below your post.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turq1

Perhaps a simple google search will show you information that shows otherwise. Or watch the video posted below your post.

Dr. John Ankerberg had experts on his show and they don't know of any scientific proof that people are homosexuals.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by texastig
Dr. John Ankerberg had experts on his show and they don't know of any scientific proof that people are homosexuals.

He's a Doctor of Ministry. A Televangelist. Just because some "experts" don't know about something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
edit on 9/27/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
He's a Doctor of Ministry. A Televangelist. Just because some "experts" don't know about something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
edit on 9/27/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

He gathered the experts together and here's a good quote by one of them.
John DeCecco, the editor of the Journal of Homosexuality, said: “The idea that
people are born into one type of sexual behavior is foolish.”

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
No Proof That This Region of the Brain Is Related to Sexual Orientation
No scientist has ever proven that the particular region of the hypothalamus under discussion
causes sexual orientation. Consider the comments of Dr. Joseph Nicolosi who specializes
in working with male homosexuals. He has appeared on several network television
programs and has been interviewed by prominent weekly news magazines.
His book, Reparative Therapy of Male Homosexuality, has gained him world-wide respect
as an authority in same-sex attractions. Dr. Nicolosi emphasized, “We’re talking
about a general area of the brain that has to do with emotions, including sexuality; but in
this particular nuclei, we have no clear understanding of what function it serves at this
point.”7
Dr. Charles Socarides, Professor of Psychiatry at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine
in New York, also emphasized the following, “I believe this theory is completely erroneous.
There’s no possibility of somebody developing homosexuality from hereditary or organic
causes. It’s just impossible.”8
He further noted that “the question of a minute section of the brain—sub-microscopic
almost—as.... deciding sexual object choice is really preposterous.... Certainly...a cluster of
the brain cannot determine sexual object choice. We know that for a fact.”9

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turq1

So the following organizations, namely the American Psychiatric association, The American Academy of Pediatric, The American Medical Association, The American Psychological Association, The American Psychoanalytic Association, and The National Association of Social Workers, all of whom under go peer review and have to back their claims up with hard science, they are all wrong? I would say there is the hard scientific and medical authorities right there.

Dr. John Ankerberg, as was mentioned, has no medical background, or training, no clinical hours to his name, not one thing to make him an expert on any subject except for, the Bible, where he is a televangelist, with his own TV show and ministries, and author on books that focus on religious subjects.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
So the following organizations, namely the American Psychiatric association, The American Academy of Pediatric, The American Medical Association, The American Psychological Association, The American Psychoanalytic Association, and The National Association of Social Workers, all of whom under go peer review and have to back their claims up with hard science, they are all wrong? I would say there is the hard scientific and medical authorities right there.

Don't forget they those organizations flip flop.

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
Dr. John Ankerberg, as was mentioned, has no medical background, or training, no clinical hours to his name, not one thing to make him an expert on any subject except for, the Bible, where he is a televangelist, with his own TV show and ministries, and author on books that focus on religious subjects.

You forget to mention what I said when he brought all the experts together.
In case you forgot something else, here's my post from before:
No Proof That This Region of the Brain Is Related to Sexual Orientation
No scientist has ever proven that the particular region of the hypothalamus under discussion
causes sexual orientation. Consider the comments of Dr. Joseph Nicolosi who specializes
in working with male homosexuals. He has appeared on several network television
programs and has been interviewed by prominent weekly news magazines.
His book, Reparative Therapy of Male Homosexuality, has gained him world-wide respect
as an authority in same-sex attractions. Dr. Nicolosi emphasized, “We’re talking
about a general area of the brain that has to do with emotions, including sexuality; but in
this particular nuclei, we have no clear understanding of what function it serves at this
point.”7
Dr. Charles Socarides, Professor of Psychiatry at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine
in New York, also emphasized the following, “I believe this theory is completely erroneous.
There’s no possibility of somebody developing homosexuality from hereditary or organic
causes. It’s just impossible.”8
He further noted that “the question of a minute section of the brain—sub-microscopic
almost—as.... deciding sexual object choice is really preposterous.... Certainly...a cluster of
the brain cannot determine sexual object choice. We know that for a fact.”9

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Beyond a biblical text, where does homosexuality come from? After all it has been around for a very long time, even recorded as far back as Alexander the Great was ruler of the known world.

There are many theories to where and how a persons sexuality comes around, and part of that is just now being studied, as there has been no real study on why person a is attracted to person b, be it straight or gay. Part of what they believe and the evidence is suggesting is that it goes back to genetics and the diversity of the population, as to why such. While such is scoffed at, the gay gene, the reality is that no one really knows why some men are attracted to women, and others are attracted to men. And science is still trying to figure out the very science of attraction, as at that core, the question of why some people are attracted to those of the same sex, would probably be answered, if not at least help it along.

Gay people are here, and affect the lives of everyone in the world in one form or another, and no matter if you want to admit it or not, they have been here and will continue to have an influence on the world. Areas such as arts, fashion, sports, laws, and even the literature all have contributors from those who are gay. Better to admit that such exists and learn to live with such, or one could find themselves in a cold dark world.

As you have used so prominently, religion should not be a weapon, should not be used as an excuse to exclude that which you find distasteful or even different as an excuse to discriminate or even hate another. Far too often, when it comes to social change and dynamics, religion is used as a weapon, and a reason to say no, rather than yes, we should. Would you promote discrimination against a group, all cause of some passage in a book written so long ago? After all there are multiple books out there, that have a religious connotation which do exactly that. Are we so lacking in the freedom department, so insecure with our very beliefs as to deny the fundamental right of happiness to one group all cause it may upset the status quo?
That sounds a lot like the very same arguments that were used when it came to the issue of Slavery, another quaint old tradition, also mentioned in the bible. Yet many found such to be distasteful and against the very idea that was espoused in the very bible that we here sit and argue over its meanings.

No matter what you believe in, and far be it for me to cause anyone to doubt their belief, the reality is that there will always be situations and events that are not in the bible, not written, thought about or even considered. While having faith is a good thing, keep it in moderation, cause the reality is that the Old Testament is incomplete, as many books of the Talmud never made it into the official cannon, and many of the books in the New Testament were decided on by a handful of bishops under the orders from King James, as he wanted one book for all of his subjects to read and understand.

There are books and texts that were around at the time of the creation of the Bible, that never made to the printers, as they fought over the meaning and wanted a simplified text to ensure that every one could read and understand it.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
reply to post by spw184

Yes its an illness, they cant be feeling well. Its not normal, god made man and woman and said go forth and multiply. Replenish the earth. How can you replenish the earth by being a gay?

I dont know about you but being gay feels GREAT!!!
Its not normal you say? *regurgitates list of animals for the 39999 time*
I wont, but others can

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
Up until about a year ago, I was firmly against gay marriage.

Noah's flood came because homosexuals were getting married back then. Jesus said the same thing is coming again but not the flood but destruction.
The Bible states that the Will of God is to abstain from fornication. Jesus mentioned several times that marriage is between a man and woman.
The Bible even states that people who were once homosexuals can be delivered.

edit on 9/27/2011 by texastig because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/27/2011 by texastig because: (no reason given)

WHAAA???
Since when did noahs flood come because of homosexuality???
Are you trying to say the homosexuality is gonna be the end of the world?

Oh and also, Jesus mentions that marriage is between a man and a woman, but did he ever say it was NOT between a man and a man? no he didn't.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by 547000
I'm done with you.

Well, you're not the first to exit a discussion because you can't address the subject or answer the questions asked of you...

You clearly have strong convictions by what you read in some scriptures, but you ignore others completely.

Remind you of anyone? Look in the mirror, my friend. Better yet, talk with your God about it.

Enough with your trash talk. I'm only following what is said according to scripture. It's not politically correct, but it is written.

Pigs can fly and black people are made out of fishcakes.

Omg that was written too! I guess that must be true too!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

There is no scientific proof that people are born homosexual.

You would immediately change the subject when intellectually defeated. It's a common trend among you zealous anti-homosexuals.

More importantly, there is no scientific proof that God exists.

Therefore, your archaic laws against petty "sex sins" should not influence the free world.

Feel free to move to Uganda if you don't like it.
edit on 27-9-2011 by Partisanity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

causes. It’s just impossible

Alot of biologists would disagree,

CARTOON TIME

www.youtube.com...

This is an educational cartoon directed to 12-14 year olds.

Alot of you need it... BAD

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
But i suppose you guys think more along these lines...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
They probably take this one literally too...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partisanity
They probably take this one literally too...

LOL IVE SEEN THAT ONE BEFORE XD

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
To all you gaybashers out there I want you to watch this video.

www.youtube.com...

Is this what your god wants?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by spw184
I just want to ask, are you CHRISTAN or CATHOLIC. And if you are CHRISTAN than please tell me what denomonation.

Excellent question, because they are two entirely different things.

I want to pop on here to thank everyone for participating in this thread. No matter which side you're on, you are welcome here. I am pretty amazed that the thread hasn't been locked as everyone has been pretty civil (for the most part
). Keep up the good discussions!

/TOA

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DRAZIW

That's how the law is introduced to the inwards parts: "the lawgiver is between a man's feet" ! Now, if you can figure out what exists between a man's feet, that might propagate a law, you'll understand where DNA enters the picture.

Thank you for your patronising and immodest reply. You said that God would "Recode the DNA" at a certain point in time, when ready. Again, I cannot see where this is stated. The penis rules it seems. Funny how you endorse this verse yet condemn homosexuality!

reply to post by 547000

Because I know there is a hell. I've experienced the flames for myself.

May I ask why you think you were subjected to the subjectivity of Jesus Christ?

I didn't know what it was then, but later found out invisible stigmata exists, and that's why I want to be catholic.

Hmm. Why did you need to look up if it existed if you experienced it? Sounds like retrospective association.

I'll ignore Catholicism and it's contradictions as that would go too far off topic.
edit on 27-9-2011 by yes4141 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join