It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am a Straight, Married Christian Male in Support of Gay Marriage

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
reply to post by The Old American

Change your ways and ways of thinking or change your christian status; you can't have both better yet.. read the bible from cover to cover.................

Thank you for your comments. I have read it from cover to cover, not to mention I've researched it. I would advise the same to you.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by discharged77

Sorry about the spelling, since english is my second language i think i do very good. It does not hurt me at all, it is not moral for marriage, atheist, Marxist, liberal garbage. The gay agenda goes deeper than marriage, if you dont think so you are blind.

You were actually doing so good I wouldn't have realized English was a second language for you! Sorry for that, it's very annoying and petty to correct people's spelling (especially considering how bad I am sometimes).

If it does not hurt you, then why is it morally wrong? More specifically, why should you care if someone does a certain thing if it does not hurt you or others? I have a general dislike for vegetarians, but as they are not hurting anyone think they should be free to do as they wish. Let God judge.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
I am quite OK with gay married couples adopting. Since being gay is overwhelmingly found to occur in nature, and thus could be said to be genetic, it's unlikely a child will "grow up to be gay".

Hi OP,

A little off topic but I would have to disagree with this statement. Evolution clearly points to homosexuality as a disease. Before politics got involved it was classified as this and only changed by political pressure.

Evolution says this 'Natural Selection will only carry on gene's that replicate. If a gene pool is not replicated then a mutation will not continue.' hence homosexuals who do not replicate their genetics do not pass on the mutation and it is not a genetic variation.

In order to argue that gay people are born that way and cannot choose to be gay or not means, it has to be a disease either in the mother during pregnancy or the fetus.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
reply to post by The Old American

Change your ways and ways of thinking or change your christian status; you can't have both better yet.. read the bible from cover to cover.................

Thank you for your comments. I have read it from cover to cover, not to mention I've researched it. I would advise the same to you.

/TOA

You must have skipped a few pages, this can happen if they are stuck together.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

We really dont have a seperation of church and state... all the constitution says is that there is no state religon....

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Sorry about the spelling, since english is my second language i think i do very good. It does not hurt me at all, it is not moral for marriage, atheist, Marxist, liberal garbage. The gay agenda goes deeper than marriage, if you dont think so you are blind.

You were actually doing so good I wouldn't have realized English was a second language for you! Sorry for that, it's very annoying and petty to correct people's spelling (especially considering how bad I am sometimes).

If it does not hurt you, then why is it morally wrong? More specifically, why should you care if someone does a certain thing if it does not hurt you or others? I have a general dislike for vegetarians, but as they are not hurting anyone think they should be free to do as they wish. Let God judge.
I agree for the most part, if god will judge the gays only he knows? My point of this writing is to tell of the Marxist people behind the gay agenda, these types of issues are gateways to other insanity, man and women in marriage has been the way of the world for a long time now all of a sudden its going to change and make things better? BS

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Time travel!!!

1930's: Blacks have been enslaved and denyed rights for the longest time... PFFFT Its not going to change tomarrow, not this century, not EVER!

Oh and also, gay marrige was legal in rome. And that wasn't that long ago.... in the grand scheme of things.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I really, really, really get uncomfortable when laws are debated in a religious context.
The fact of the matter is that a marriage contract between two consenting adults should be available to all who seek it. It's definitely not something to be decided upon in the arena of religious thinking.

People need to mind their own damn business more often.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
I really, really, really get uncomfortable when laws are debated in a religious context.
The fact of the matter is that a marriage contract between two consenting adults should be available to all who seek it. It's definitely not something to be decided upon in the arena of religious thinking.

People need to mind their own damn business more often.

Amen

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by spw184

gay marrige was legal in rome

Rome fell.

So did Sodom and Gomorrah.

Like I said, I don't think the government has any logical reason to be involved in this matter in today's world, but I can say that countries without strong family foundations typically don't last long. Can a gay couple create a strong family foundation? I think they can. But will they? That is the question. Not that straight couples are any saner.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by spw184

gay marrige was legal in rome

Rome fell.

So did Sodom and Gomorrah.

Like I said, I don't think the government has any logical reason to be involved in this matter in today's world, but I can say that countries without strong family foundations typically don't last long. Can a gay couple create a strong family foundation? I think they can. But will they? That is the question. Not that straight couples are any saner.

Here is a youtube series for all of you: .www.youtube.com...

Do I expect you to watch all of them? no!!! That would take days! But just watch like 1-2 to get the idea mmk?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gravity215

I am quite OK with gay married couples adopting. Since being gay is overwhelmingly found to occur in nature, and thus could be said to be genetic, it's unlikely a child will "grow up to be gay".

Hi OP,

A little off topic but I would have to disagree with this statement. Evolution clearly points to homosexuality as a disease. Before politics got involved it was classified as this and only changed by political pressure.

If it is a disease, then why would God forbid the act to his early human children? Surely God knows that if a person is afflicted with a disease that person is not in full control of their actions.

As to the others claiming that I am not a Christian, I am not your flavor of Christian apparently. But Catholicism and Baptist are different flavors, yet they are both Christian groups.

And people are quoting Paul, who at the same time believed that women should not speak in church, and that men shouldn't marry in the first place? Riddle us that, Batman.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
If it is proven that there is a "gay gene" than I will say that being gay is just how you are born, but that has yet to be shown. I know a guy who was married for 15 years and had 3 kids, then one day he leave his wife and now he goes with other gays. I ask him was he always knowing he was a homo? He told me that he just got sick of his wife's nagging and that he turned gay. I have heard these stories elsewhere also.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
._. homosexuality is an illness? YGTBKMR?

Well as lady gaga said, Im a sick #*%$& Baby!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by spw184

Hey.....what about an ick warning!

My old boss would be a wonderful father, and his "partner" would be a wonderful mother. There is no doubt that many gay couples can raise great children. There is no doubt that many straight couples warp their children forever, or abuse, and even murder their children.

I don't think it is a straight/gay issue.

But you have to admit, the idea of two "flamers" trying to raise a child is frightening? Equally frightening is the idea of two heterosexual meth-heads in Kansas raising a child!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Ok, you can get a piece of paper that says marriage on it, and you can get a government blessing of the same, but that doesn't mean it's a marriage. Today, a marriage is a contract between three parties. The husband, the wife, and God. Since homosexuality is repulsive and detestable to the God of the Bible, God will not be a party to it, and therefore it cannot be a marriage in the Christian meaning of the word. So to us Christians who believe the Bible, you can say you are married, and show us a piece of paper that says married, but you are not married in the eyes of God, so we will not accept your "marriage" as valid.

Now you can get married under a different god that says gay is ok, or you can be atheist and say you're married. The only problem is the one with the God of the Bible who says you are sinning and not a married couple. To the God of the Bible, only a man and woman can have this privilege.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Hi OP,

If it is a disease, then why would God forbid the act to his early human children? Surely God knows that if a person is afflicted with a disease that person is not in full control of their actions.

Im not disrespecting you my friend, simply correcting a statement you made regarding the status of homosexuality. Its not just the religious who disagree with some of the stories floating around about human sexuality, its also science.

The whole thing was used by TPTB as a way to create more division by taking over gay rights movements in order to create resentment for them in the general public. Giving the line light to the most flaming activists making ridiculous claims for things that most homosexuals wouldn't care about in a lifetime. Once legal equality is attained as it is in many area's, the rest is just politics and division for control.
edit on 6-9-2011 by Gravity215 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I relate gays to blacks. In the OLD days, people quoted things from the bible to say that blacks where demonspawn, horrible, ill, going to hell, all the same things they say about gays. Im just gonna give it 40 years. lets see what happens THAN.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Hi OP,

Im not disrespecting you my friend, simply correcting a statement you made regarding the status of homosexuality. Its not just the religious who disagree with some of the stories floating around about human sexuality, its also science.

The whole thing was used by TPTB as a way to create more division by taking over gay rights movements in order to create resentment for them in the general public. Giving the line line to the most flaming activists making ridiculous claims for things that most homosexuals wouldn't care about in a lifetime. Once legal equality is attained as it is in many area's, the rest is just politics and division for control.
Yes you are right, the gay agenda is a part of the liberal Marxist arm of this country.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Ok.. umm i dont wanna sound like a idiot.. but what exactly IS the gay agenda?? lol im gay and its not like some overlord is telling me some sinister plot to overthrow humanity xD

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join