It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am a Straight, Married Christian Male in Support of Gay Marriage

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by DRAZIW

God created three root races. In order not to offend any, lets call them the "GREEN, RED, and BLUE" races.

I'm Atheist.

You wanna try science and evolution?

There's no evolution.

There's only creation.

Do cars "evolve"? Yes they do. The shape of the automobile has changed over the decades, they have become more aerodynamic and efficient. However, that "evolution" of the automobile is the result of creative activity behind the scenes by engineers working on improvements over the design. If you don't see the engineers, and visit any junkyard, you'd come to the conclusion that the scrap bodies of the cars show evidence of mutation over time, and the car must have been alive, and evolving, and all that's left in the scrapyard is the skeleton.

Man "evolves" the same way, through "creation."

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DRAZIW

Interesting, cause the laws are very clear cut, easy to understand. What is so hard not to understand do not do this, do not eat this, do this, do that?
Seems very cut forward and simple to understand, and to most understanding, if someone has trouble understanding, they would go to either a religious teacher or priest or a minister should there be any confusion on the part of the person questioning about the bible.

Of course that is only if a person is married and has children, are they allowed to even discuss such in a place of worship, (That being another quaint religious law and institution.)

And what laws discriminate? Last time I checked, those laws that violated the highest law of the land, The Constitution of the United States of America, and the rights protected there in, are usually challenged and fought over in a court.

So what laws introduce a bias or even discrimination that is on the books, that would be there to either serve a purpose as to prevent or even remove a past wrong that was done to people to try to make the playing field equal.

And yet, like the dictators of the past you would commit the greatest of all sins, by destroying knowledge, and with the purity of a blissful ignorance, have yet to realize, NONE OF US BELIEVE IN THE SAME THING.
Not one person believes as you do, or shares the exact same belief. There are sects in the great Judaic religions that disagree on the very fundamental nature of the religion in itself. And they fight about what God or even Jesus said and the meaning behind the words of a book that is a translation of works that is not in the original language. And as with all translations, there is the chance that it was mistranslated, thus the entire meaning may be either mistaken or wrong.

After all, as any linguistics scholar will tell you, there are some words that will not translate from one language to the other. The old testament was written in at least three different languages, the new testament was originally penned in 2 different languages. So how do we really know that was stated, or even translated correctly?

The statement: Banning prostitution makes it a scarce commodity, and increases the profit margins in the profession, hence encouraging the desperate women to take the leap into the art to earn their way in the world
Is a very derogatory statement on its own. Funny I have met both rich and poor women, and they did not seem to want to get into that business, rather wanting to work and earn an honest days living.

And yet the very nature of slavery, well that is a disagreement there, as it would not due for a slave to be paid. Historically speaking a slave is not paid for his work, rather a slave is kept, expected to work a full day, only getting room and board. Even the very laws that were on the books, going back to the time of Rome, was very specific on what a person could and could not do with a slave. Pay was not there, most of the time it was illegal to pay a slave for their labor.

Many of us work for a living and yet we do not view ourselves as slaves, after all, unlike slavery, we have the very freedom of choice, a slave does not.

I would disagree that we should not live by only the laws that nature provides as that would lead to anarchy and the fall of society, going back to the days where might makes right and the virtual enslavement of people by those who would be best able to wield a weapon.

The laws are there to protect our very freedom by ensuring that the government does not restrict them. We are free to speak, and believe as we so see fit, and to destroy that greatest of works that has come out of the 18th century, a model that has been copied and admired by so many , would be a far greater crime than all of that of the 20th century put together. The founding fathers were not men who were without faith, far from it, they had faith, but they also had the wisdom to not allow for the pulpit to get in the way of running the country to prevent a person from trying to do what was right for all of the people with the very idea of majority rules, but minority rights. And if we go back to try to add in the pulpit back into the government, to allow for people to use religion as a weapon and a reason as to not allow for something, then we would be no better than countries like Iran or even Saudi Arabia, where religion governs the people and the government is subservient to clerics and those who would preach, discriminating against all others, especially those who would think or speak differently. The very ideas that you have espoused, would end up opening a door that would have put the great thinkers to death all cause they dare question the very nature of what was written and still keep institutions such as slavery in place, all due to what was written by someone so long ago, in a language that only a percentage speaks.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DRAZIW

You missed on the entire Buddhist concept about the 3 poisons, the 8 fold noble path, and virtues that the Buddha put out. And what the entire bottom line to cure the 3 poisons, it is called compassion.

Even His Holiness the Dali Llama has stated views on gay marriage, the sutras and old texts just don’t cover, as it was not an issue back then and we should only follow them for guidance, not take them as a literal view of the world that is so rigid that it gives way to the three poisons to arise in a person. It is dynamic and flexible, with many different paths that lead to enlightenment, but at the very core of it, is the constant belief that above all, even if it means that there is a disagreement, that the focus has to be on compassion. And that it is a sin to destroy or even damage the belief of another, as it would lead to the downfall of the person doing such.

Not all Buddhist are strict vegitarians, nor do they follow the same path, many tend to find what they believe is correct for themselves and go from there.

And as a society, we too must find what we find is correct for our own path, and in this case, religion must be left out of it, cause it is incorrect to use it to govern such a diverse group of people who all believe in different things, to find a middle ground, and a medium. To that end there has to be equality and the freedom for 2 consenting adults, to wed, be they same sex or opposite sex.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

God created three root races. In order not to offend any, lets call them the "GREEN, RED, and BLUE" races.

I'm Atheist.

You wanna try science and evolution?

There's no evolution.

There's only creation.

Do cars "evolve"? Yes they do. The shape of the automobile has changed over the decades, they have become more aerodynamic and efficient. However, that "evolution" of the automobile is the result of creative activity behind the scenes by engineers working on improvements over the design. If you don't see the engineers, and visit any junkyard, you'd come to the conclusion that the scrap bodies of the cars show evidence of mutation over time, and the car must have been alive, and evolving, and all that's left in the scrapyard is the skeleton.

two things.

1. What GOD do you worship?? You quote the bible yet you spew out these stories that would get you stoned in mideval times. You need to define yourself more clearly.

2. Evolution is all but a fact. Here is how it works.

Planet X is inhabited by the Zorgontobs

Zorgontobs have long hair, short arms that land in talons, big muscular body structures, long legs, and scales.
One problem the Zorgontobs have is that since the meteor attack of 40 years ago, their planet has many cravasses that their long hair often gets stuck in, and also, in the crevases lies the zorgontobs natural predetor, the devilsnare (Yes i realize its from harry potter but stfu.)

One day, a Zorgontob was born... but there was somthing differant about him.
Zorgontobs are normaly born with several inches of hair, but THIS baby had none at all.

As life went on, this baby still had no hair, when he got to the middle of his lifespan, he had kids. Zorgontobs are not creatures to have one partner so he had MANY kids with MANY PARTNERS, because his lack of hair made him immune to all natural predetors, and made him have sex more because he lived longer.

Now zorgontobs are on a small planet, so theres not very many of them, maybe 3-4k at a time.

20 years later

Now almost ALL zorgontobs have no hair, because of the mutation that took place 20 years ago, which was favorable to the creature, and was spred out into general gene pool.

Thats how evolution works. Its common sense,

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by spw184

1. What GOD do you worship?? You quote the bible yet you spew out these stories that would get you stoned in mideval times. You need to define yourself more clearly.

They wanted to stone Jesus, remember? [ John 11:8 KJV ]

Dare I identify myself more clearly?

I believe in the same GOD that Jesus believes in.

2. Evolution is all but a fact. Here is how it works.

Remember though, Jesus was born of a virgin.

That means someone intervened in the "evolution" of man, and introduced a new "creation."

That's a clear example, that creation did not end with "Adam and Eve." !

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Man/Animal (all living matter) evolve because of need and adaptation to environment.

Man can make creative choices within that environment.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
To that end there has to be equality and the freedom for 2 consenting adults, to wed, be they same sex or opposite sex.

I see no reason put forward there why only 2 consenting adults should be allowed to wed.

All of your arguments would support 3 consenting adults, 5, 7, or any number of adults. There's nothing in logic to require marriage to be a union of " just 2 ".

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

To that end there has to be equality and the freedom for 2 consenting adults, to wed, be they same sex or opposite sex.

I see no reason put forward there why only 2 consenting adults should be allowed to wed.

All of your arguments would support 3 consenting adults, 5, 7, or any number of adults. There's nothing in logic to require marriage to be a union of " just 2 ".

No it would not support the argument that would support for more than 2 consenting adults to wed. Have you not looked into the court cases on marriage to see why?
It was already decided in the 1878, by the US Supreme Court, which determined that it was neither legal or was granted protection under the Constitution of the United States of America.

And there is no real relationship between 2 men getting married, and one man with more than one woman getting married. These are 2 seperate issues, that has absolutely no bearing on each other. One has been argued in the courts already and shot down and the other has not, and is being supported by the courts every time.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

And why should group marriage not be allowed? If all are consenting adults - defining their own marriage - - who else's business is it?

But that has nothing to do with Legal same gender couple marriage. This is about equal rights. Opposite gender currently do not have the right to group marriage either - - - so there is no issue of equal rights.

Legal Marriage - - is the issue. The LEGAL is about protection of rights and property.

Why should a couple who've lived as a couple for 50+ years - - - not have Legal rights when one of them dies?

Why should some relative - - who they've had no contact with - - - have all the rights - - - and the surviving partner none?

Humanity - - - if nothing else - - - should be enough to support same gender marriage.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Another thread about this?

Oh give me a break.I don't want to sound rude,but isn't this forum for CONSPIRACIES?Not for lesbians and gays marriages?

So please people,please,stop opening threads like this!

And who ever support gay marriages is not christian...So OP,don't call yourself christian,because you're not!
edit on 19-9-2011 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Well that sure added to the intelligence and validity of this discussion.

Most of the gays I've known are Christian.

There are plenty of Christian churches that welcome ALL.

The Mark of Ham was another biblical excuse used to segregate blacks.

Sometimes the brain needs to be used.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

If you're a gay person,then,you're right,something is not right with the brain.

So i absolutely agree with you on that.

Go in the wild,and try to find male monkey having sex with the male monkey..
Oh,that's right.You CAN'T!]
Because,it's not NORMAL!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014

Oh give me a break.I don't want to sound rude,but isn't this forum for CONSPIRACIES?Not for lesbians and gays marriages?

And who ever support gay marriages is not christian...So OP,don't call yourself christian,because you're not!

Your cogent, well thought out post contributed so much to this thread that I wanted to come here personally and thank you!

Oh, and thanks so much for telling me what I am or what I'm not. I guess I was confused and needed someone egotistical and self-centered to enough to tell me what they absolutely know about me, even though we've never met!

As you obviously are actually in the mind of God Himself and know every thought of His, and I have been lucky enough to have you come here and post exactly, precisely what God thinks, I'm now more enlightened than ever and will cease to be confused about my spirituality because of you, and you alone! Again, thank you.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by Nikola014

www.straightdope.com...

Oh what a shock!!!!!

Primates the same every where. That includes the human primate.

This Puritan God crap - - is just that - - crap!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

There is a CONSPIRACY ! The conspiracy is to destroy straight marriage.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

No it would not support the argument that would support for more than 2 consenting adults to wed. Have you not looked into the court cases on marriage to see why?
It was already decided in the 1878, by the US Supreme Court, which determined that it was neither legal or was granted protection under the Constitution of the United States of America.

And there is no real relationship between 2 men getting married, and one man with more than one woman getting married. These are 2 seperate issues, that has absolutely no bearing on each other. One has been argued in the courts already and shot down and the other has not, and is being supported by the courts every time.

Well, because you're changing the very definition of marriage, all previous decisions need to be reviewed.

Why would you still discriminate against "number", if you want to deny discrimination against "gender" ?

All "groups" deserve equal rights!

The threesome marriage deserves the same respect as the twosome marriage.

I agree there is something very different between same sex and hetero sex unions, but I disagree that we should ignore this difference and try to make them "equal" by civil law. But, if we must make them equal, then we cannot deny all the other forms of marriage that old prejudices excluded previously by law either. We must recognize that "attitudes have changed", and today we must revisit all the old conceptions of marriage and update our standards to be fair to everybody in the society, not just gays, but swingers, namblers, and other previously considered deviants.

Granting "marriage" to gay couples, will not make them equal to straight couple marriage, until we take away the right of the straight couple to have children on their own. So, the next fight, right after gay marriage is accepted, is to do like China and say to the straight couple they are not allowed to produce as many of their own children as they want.

They must adopt, like the gay couple, children produced in the scientific lab setting. Then the two forms of union will be more equal. The fight has only begun. The conspiracy, by these rebels, is to abolish straight marriage altogether eventually. This is just the first step.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Straight marriage is doing that all on its own.

How selfish and ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

No fish being sold here. It's the straight goods.

Jesus predicted this time would come 2000 years ago:

A woman from the crowd said to him, "Blessed are the womb which bore you and the breasts which nourished you."

He said to her, "Blessed are those who have heard the word of the father and have truly kept it.

For there will be days when you will say, 'Blessed are the womb which has not conceived and the breasts which have not given milk.'"

-- The Gospel of Thomas #79
Source: www.gnosis.org...

Now we begin to understand what he was saying.

2000 years ago people were considered "blessed" to have come out of a "womb".

But, after the gay revolution is complete, and straight sex banned, and the perfect child comes from the lab instead, people will say "blessed are the womb which has not conceived" , i.e. the lesbians will be blessed instead...the complete reverse of the old times will occur...etc..

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

50 years ago..

You see my fine chaps, the conspiracy here is to destroy whites in the work force! When these blacks get freedom, they will overrun us and they will become the elite in america!!!

Dude, we are NOT out to get you!! We are not going to "ban" straight merriage, thats simpley retarded. I think you need to go into a bathroom and take a deep look at yourself in the mirror, because you are starting to scare me. Your mind does not seem healthy, in fact it seems vaugely like hitlers brainwashed puppets....

Also, STOP SKIRTING QUESTIONS.
this makes you have less and less cred.
edit on 19-9-2011 by spw184 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join