It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am a Straight, Married Christian Male in Support of Gay Marriage

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I doubt it will ever be "equal" because we are not the norm. Blacks still arn't "equal"

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by spw184
DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!
Guess what? You know why I dont find homosexuality a sin? Because I dont understand why it should be. . I highly doubt you can argue this without sounding like a hypocrite. End of conversation

That's perfectly fine.

Just don't try to stop me from telling you it's a sin.

That's the beauty of my way.

Look. God gave man 10 commandments. But, he didn't "force man" to obey them.

He simply said, these are my laws, follow them and receive the reward, disobey them and receive the punishments.

The problem as I have identified it, is that some people are out to "change the language" which we speak. To twist the words around. To make bad into good. And to silence those who object to the new definitions.

All I'm saying is let each person reveal his truth. And if there's any real truth indeed, let it emerge naturally when the dust settles.

Isn't that a much more tolerant way?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DRAZIW

oh, so NOW you mention the 10 commandments. Tell me, what of the 10 commandments condone homosexuality?

PS: Im still waiting on a straight up argument on bisexuals...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by The Old American

Goverment should not have anypart in my sexual relations.

But that is not really the point.

The point is Equal Rights.

We have a winner! Gays deserve the same benefits of being married, or joined in a civil union, whatever, that other humans enjoy.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DRAZIW

DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!
Guess what? You know why I dont find homosexuality a sin? Because I dont understand why it should be. . I highly doubt you can argue this without sounding like a hypocrite. End of conversation

That's perfectly fine.

Just don't try to stop me from telling you it's a sin.

That's the beauty of my way.

Look. God gave man 10 commandments. But, he didn't "force man" to obey them.

Shout it from the rooftops for all I care. But while God isn't trying to force man to obey his laws, people like you are. If God isn't forcing the issue, who are you, a mortal human, to speak for him? That is #3 on his hit list, BTW.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

AKA: tax deductions

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by spw184hy
reply to post by Annee

I doubt it will ever be "equal" because we are not the norm. Blacks still arn't "equal"

Why are they not equal?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

some people are still racist and deny them rights.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Guess what? I dont know about you, but i just cant see how a 15 year old boy who has feelings for other 15 year old boys but is too scared to show it and sees hate for what he feels all around him and ends up hanging himself is "Rebelling" Or the man who is 42 and has been having under the table affairs with other men because he is too scared to come out, and can't now that he has a wife and kid is "Rebelling."

Tough !

This is nonsense.

Many people in the world don't even have sex.

Lady Diana, Princess with all the world had to offer her, couldn't get what she wanted. She couldn't get her own husband to pay attention to her. Had to sneak around and sleep with the help.

Don't give me this nonsense about some 15 year old with jumping hormones.

Everybody has issues of some kind. Few people get what they want in this world. And even if they do, it's often for a short time only. The magic fades, the cold harsh reality sets in. It's all in the imagination.

All sex is sin. If you must sin, at least do it with your spouse, so that God will bless the act.

And for you to suggest that as soon as the 15 year old boy sets the rope down and says enough is enough and comes out, that he is "Rebelling" is arrogant, Ignorant, and plain old bigotry.

On that basis we could label any kind of correction arrogant, ignorant and plain old bigotry.

Think about it. What makes any action acceptable? Who decides it?

I have seen the future. And I'll tell you where we are all headed. Heterosexuality will be outlawed.

It will happen this way, and for these reasons.

Scientists are improving the genetic technology, and can now fertilize human eggs outside the womb. That means no sex is necessary today for conception. As this technology improves, the level of control over the early stage of human development will increase to the point of our being able to produce and guarantee perfect fetuses that are formed in the lab setting.

Natural conception will then be banned.

On the grounds that the risk of producing deformed children, kids with genetic handicaps, and kids suffering genetic diseases, would be greater if men and women were allowed to attempt to produce their own children, new laws will be introduced to restrict how children can be made.

Just like China has one child rule per family today, America will have no child by natural conception in the near future.

The people who will be making the laws at that time will be gays and lesbians who will fill the congress and the senate.

It will be their opinion that matters. And from their point of view, they will argue that they don't see any reason why a man and woman should marry each other anymore since nobody is allowed to produce children that way.

Given the risks involved. They will decide that gay marriage is the best form of coupling, because it is risk free.

The gay marriage, coupled with scientific conceptions in the lab, and test tube fetal development, produces the fewest number of suffering humans. They will have "statistics" to prove their case. They will be able to show that no handicapped children, no deformed children, no children with inherited diseases, no mentally challenged children, no retarded children, etc..are produced when carefully scientifically controlled in the lab.

No woman drinking or taking drugs that affect their unborn children to worry about.

There are many arguments against straight couple sex.

Given that the lawmakers by that time will be dominated by gays and lesbians, it will seem "natural" to them that straight sex should be banned. It's an abomination. It produces defective product at a higher rate than the pure forms that come out of the laboratory.

So the anti-heterosexual law will be passed. Any man found coupling with a woman will be arrested. They will be deemed to have violated the sacred law of purity, risking conception that could produce a retarded or disadvantaged child.

The situation will be the complete reverse of what exists today.

Gay unions will be celebrated, as having saved humanity from the dark ages when deformed humans could have emerged out of the wombs of the sinners...etc...you get the point.

Just think of how pleasant the world would be if men only married men, and women only married women. And the children they looked after were given to them by the state, these children being produced in factories, having no defects on delivery to the household, so less worries for the parents from the start.

We can make an argument for anything we want.

The only question is, what do we want?

And why?

No one should keep silent.

Vote for the world you would like to live in. Because it is by vote that the world will change.

And every voice is a vote.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DRAZIW

*Splat* thats the sound of your brain...
It just went off the deep end...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
Shout it from the rooftops for all I care. But while God isn't trying to force man to obey his laws, people like you are. If God isn't forcing the issue, who are you, a mortal human, to speak for him? That is #3 on his hit list, BTW.
/TOA

You say people like me. But, I am not using any force. So, they are not like me at all. I like God's way, to tell it like it is, and leave it up to the individuals to see the light in their own time.

God already has punishments for violating his laws, I don't need to add any. So, I only remind of the laws. I leave all the "forcing" up to him. But, he doesn't "force" either. He lets you do what you want, and then rewards you after.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DRAZIW

Unfortunetly, his rewards are so diluted with biblethumpers like you, that hell might be a better option...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

/TOA

You say people like me. But, I am not using any force. So, they are not like me at all. I like God's way, to tell it like it is, and leave it up to the individuals to see the light in their own time.

God already has punishments for violating his laws, I don't need to add any. So, I only remind of the laws. I leave all the "forcing" up to him. But, he doesn't "force" either. He lets you do what you want, and then rewards you after.

You're trying to say that legislation making gay marriage illegal isn't force? It certainly isn't people like me making those laws.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Just stop trying to point out his contradictions, there are too many to count atm

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I Am a Straight, Married Christian Male who doesn't care to indulge judgment on anyone else's sexual preferences.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

I Am a Straight, Married Christian Male who doesn't care to indulge judgment on anyone else's sexual preferences.

Amen

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Just stop trying to point out his contradictions, there are too many to count atm

I know, it's just that it's hard to believe that someone can't understand that no matter how much you dislike something, taking that away from someone that does is wrong if it doesn't do any harm to anyone else. It's like arguing with a ficus plant.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I know, it's just that it's hard to believe that someone can't understand that no matter how much you dislike something, taking that away from someone that does is wrong if it doesn't do any harm to anyone else. It's like arguing with a ficus plant.

/TOA

Lol analogy got me rofl

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by spw184hy
reply to post by Annee

Why are they not equal?

God created three root races. In order not to offend any, lets call them the "GREEN, RED, and BLUE" races.

These are the roots, and other races are blends of these roots.

However, there is a reason why he created the three races. Each race has one defect and two advantages.

The three defects are called "poisons" by the buddhists. These three poisons are often called "Greed, Anger, and Delusion"

Every man has these three poisons in him. However, each of the root races has a bit more of one poison than the other two races.

The GREEN race has more Greed
The RED race has more Anger
The BLUE race has more Delusion

None of the poisons are any better to have than the other poisons, they just have different characteristics.

The GREEN men, because they have more greed, suffer a lot from famine and lack. But, on the other hand, they don't have that much anger or delusion to worry about. They still suffer these other poisons too, but the major problem they face in this world is the famine. They generally lack the niceties of life.

The RED men, because they have more anger, suffer a lot from wars and conflict. They develop the expert art of hand to hand combat, because all through history they've been fighting on the streets, trying to control each other. That's the big problem they have, "control" of others, and the conflict that results. They also suffer some greed and delusion, but not as much as their anger, the major problem they face in this world is the fighting. But, otherwise they enjoy the niceties of life, and are sometimes even considered wise.

The BLUE men, because they have more delusions, suffer a lot from persecution. They even believe at times that they are the master race, because of their mental powers, but all throughout history they have been adjusting their societies on account of the "persecution" they experience for their many delusions. They still suffer the other poisons of greed and anger also, but to a much lesser degree when compared to their delusional state. They too, like the RED men enjoy the niceties of life, and sometimes are even considered peaceful.

Now these three races of men walk the earth today, along with their mixed and blended counterparts.

Each root race, from time to time, has believed that it is the best. Not realizing their own defects, they could often see what the problem with each of the other two races was. And each root race, from age to age, has played the leading role for mankind as a whole.

With a little thought anyone could sit down and look around the world, and identify which existing group of mankind fits best with the GREEN, RED, and BLUE types. It is not terribly hard to see.

However, just being "aware" of the existence of this classification, enables each person to look at himself more objectively. All of our attitudes towards each other, result from being able to see the flaws in other people, while being blind to our own flaws. So, once we accept that everybody has their own characteristic flaw, then we begin to appreciate each other a lot more.

In general, the three roots "GREEN, RED, and BLUE" are really equally disadvantaged, but the nature of their handicap is just of different "quality". It is not better to be more angry than more greedy or deluded, for example. All three poisons are like a curse on the soul. They all three have to be removed for the soul to achieve it's perfected state. That's why the Christian Bible says "Charity, Hope, Faith"

And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

-- 1 Corinthians 13:13

These are the cures for the poisoned souls

Charity to help the GREEN men, Hope to help the RED men, and Faith to help the BLUE men.

And of course, the three cures for each person that finds his own soul contaminated with any amount of the three poisons in whatever blend they are found within.

You cannot make a GREEN man equal to a RED man, until you remove the poison from both men etc..

Once the poisons have been removed from the souls of men, all three types of men become equal.

Until then, they are only potentially equal, or inherently equal, but actually they differ much, and the standard used to measure that difference determines where they stand on the scale. Each is greater than the other two, and less than the other two, at the same time, but on different measures. What then is Equality? Who needs it?

edit on 18-9-2011 by DRAZIW because: spelling

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

God created three root races. In order not to offend any, lets call them the "GREEN, RED, and BLUE" races.

I'm Atheist.

You wanna try science and evolution?

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join