It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am a Straight, Married Christian Male in Support of Gay Marriage

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

Originally posted by Partisanity

Originally posted by IlluminatusOculus33
Pet's don't have the concept of consequences. Do you think they know they will get in trouble when they chew up your dvd collection? They can be conditioned to know not to do it but they won't know it's 'wrong'

Okay.

You've never had a pet.

That or you have serious observational difficulties.

It's apparent.

Of course they know they will get in trouble for chewing my stuff. That's why they do it when I'm not there.

Kind of like humans and drug laws.
edit on 8-9-2011 by Partisanity because: (no reason given)

Actually, he is completely right about this, you are wrong. They know they will be punished which is why they don't do it in your presence but they lack the intelligence to understand that you will still be angry about it when you get home and further more, they won't even know why you are upset.

Animals are alot dumber that you think. At least compared to humans.

No he is not right. They know why they are being punished. They know what they did was wrong. Like human, sometimes they don't care.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Well yes, but he said they "don't know they are going to be punished", in which case him, and apparently you, are completely wrong. They know, that's why they wait until you're gone. That's what my pets do, anyways.

Furthermore, perhaps YOU could explain to me what the hell this has to do with gay marriage? If it's honestly stemming from "gay is prevailant in all aspects of nature" and he denies that with such a worthless argument, then I'll just exit this thread now, because it's clearly void of any intelligent discussion.

Homosexuality has been around much, much longer than any "religious values" that have been hyped up to segregate small communities and make everybody feel like their different. If someone is gay, and you're not, and you "don't agree with that", guess what? It's time to grow the hell up. Freedom is freedom. Period.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Helious

Well yes, but he said they "don't know they are going to be punished", in which case him, and apparently you, are completely wrong. They know, that's why they wait until you're gone. That's what my pets do, anyways.

Furthermore, perhaps YOU could explain to me what the hell this has to do with gay marriage?

I'll explain this one. I said homosexuality occurs in nature. They said humans are not animals. I said yes they are, here is why. Tada, here we are.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Helious

Furthermore, perhaps YOU could explain to me what the hell this has to do with gay marriage?

They are smart enough to realize if they do it while your there, they will be punished. They are too dumb to realize if they do it while your not there, they will be punished anyway. Point of fact, they are too dumb at that point to even realize what there being punished for and likely have forgotten what they even did.

Moreover, being punished for something that you do and learning not to do it is not a sign of higher intelligence, it is a basic behavior to avoid getting your ass kicked. This in NO way demonstrates an ability to discern right or wrong, that is ridiculousness.

As for what this has to do with gay marriage....... Uhhh, idk, is that what this thread is about? I got to stop drinking......

edit on 8-9-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

reply to post by Helious

They are smart enough to realize if they do it while your there, they will be punished. They are too dumb to realize if they do it while your not there, they will be punished anyway. Point of fact, they are too dumb at that point to even realize what there being punished for and likely have forgotten what they even did.

Moreover, being punished for something that you do and learning not to do it is not a sign of higher intelligence, it is a basic behavior to avoid getting your ass kicked. This in NO way demonstrates an ability to discern right or wrong, that is ridiculousness.

As for what this has to do with gay marriage....... Uhhh, idk, is that what this thread is about? I got to stop drinking......

edit on 8-9-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

No, that is still not true. Come back when you have some experience in dealing with animals.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Why do we punish our children, exactly?

For chuckles?

It's that same conditioning, and achieves similar results.

My cats will come greet me at the door when I get home from work 95% of the time.

When I open the door after they've knocked something over for being on the counter near the window sill they are not allowed on, they don't greet me at the door -- they dart under the bed.

I sense that the problem is that many people don't understand the mental capacities of animals; since you THINK they won't understand what they're being punished for, you don't punish them, so they continue doing it, perhaps?

Perhaps some Pocahontas is in order.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Anyways, I'm going to attempt to re-rail this thread:

Since we have the unfortunate reality of governing bodies controlling marriage laws either way...

Marriage yields federal benefits.

Gay people are people.

The Constitution upholds equal opportunity for all people.

Who gives anyone the constitutional "right" to deny marriage to a couple based on gender and/or sexual orientation?

If A=B, and B=C, does A not equal C? Not if you're not doing your own thinking, that's for sure. Why not let a bunch of bureaucrats take that mental burden off the table for you so that you can just regurgitate the rhetorical aftermath like it makes you righteous?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Anyways, I'm going to attempt to re-rail this thread:

Since we have the unfortunate reality of governing bodies controlling marriage laws either way...

Marriage yields federal benefits.

Gay people are people.

The Constitution upholds equal opportunity for all people.

Who gives anyone the constitutional "right" to deny marriage to a couple based on gender and/or sexual orientation?

If A=B, and B=C, does A not equal C? Not if you're not doing your own thinking, that's for sure. Why not let a bunch of bureaucrats take that mental burden off the table for you so that you can just regurgitate the rhetorical aftermath like it makes you righteous?

Of course you are correct. But the topic was never derailed. In the end it is about convincing others that it is ok to be gay. It is not strange or wrong.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
What Next, people wanting to marry their Gerbils

edit on 9-9-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi

What's next? People lobbying to prevent Men and Women from marrying?

Or did you plan to stop there?

Well, I don't believe you! You think this and "have an agenda" because I said so!

Sorry, did this hurt your feelings or just make you realize that you're not thinking with your own brain?

Flip the table in 3...2...1...
edit on 9-9-2011 by Partisanity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi

What's next? People lobbying to prevent Men and Women from marrying?

Or did you plan to stop there?

Well, I don't believe you! You think this and "have an agenda" because I said so!

Sorry, did this hurt your feelings or just make you realize that you're not thinking with your own brain?

Flip the table in 3...2...1...

I assumed he was joking...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

I've been stalking ATS too long to think that ignoramuses on here don't actually adhere to such tripe.

I assume he's being serious if he doesn't flat-out state he is being sarcastic

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Read into classical conditioning en.wikipedia.org... and psychology.about.com...

When an animal is punished they associate the act they did with a negative stimulus. They still don't have any concept of why they got punished they only understand that if they do it they will get a negative stimulus which they will want to avoid if they do it.

Why do you think you have to spray the cat with water to keep it off a piece of furniture? You'd have to to it many times for it to start associating that jumping on that particular piece of furniture = negative stimulus (sprayed with water) You can't sit the cat down and explain why you don't want it on that piece of furniture. It has no higher understanding.

A dog wouldn't understand the morality of stealing your kids lunch you just made. Animals have no concept of morality. You people are just trying to project human emotions and intellect on animals, it doesn't work!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Partisanity

I dont know if you read earlyer posts, but im flat out gay and that didn't offend me, he put a
after it which surely means he joking....

As p!nk says... Y so serious?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by IlluminatusOculus33
Read into classical conditioning en.wikipedia.org... and psychology.about.com...

When an animal is punished they associate the act they did with a negative stimulus. They still don't have any concept of why they got punished they only understand that if they do it they will get a negative stimulus which they will want to avoid if they do it.

Why do you think you have to spray the cat with water to keep it off a piece of furniture? You'd have to to it many times for it to start associating that jumping on that particular piece of furniture = negative stimulus (sprayed with water) You can't sit the cat down and explain why you don't want it on that piece of furniture. It has no higher understanding.

A dog wouldn't understand the morality of stealing your kids lunch you just made. Animals have no concept of morality. You people are just trying to project human emotions and intellect on animals, it doesn't work!

Even though i dispise every bone in illumioculti's body, I have to agree with him T-T

Your argument is sort of flawed, they associate the activity with negitive reaction and stop doing it.

*Dies a little inside*

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

No offence, but if you support homosexuality, then you can not be a true believer in Jesus Christ.
The Bible is as valid as it was then and God's word is unmoving.

Homosexuality is a sin, and God will ALWAYS consider it so. If you want to know God I hope you do go back and read God's word, and understand why He states his commandments as such.

Homosexuality being a sin is just as valid as stealing, adultery, etc and I hope you also don't follow this society that feels those things are also justified.

Good luck, but you are a fraud!

Be a true believer and Christ and stand up for what He says is true - what you think is true i isn't!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Here is some sermons to listen on what the Bible teaches about homosexuality.

God's View of Homosexuality, Part 1

God's View of Homosexuality, Part 2

What the Bible Teaches About Homosexuality

Thinking Biblically About Homosexuality

The Bible and Homosexuality

That should cover it since people seem to be confused about what the Bible says about the homosexual issue. Hope you enjoy the sermons and learn something new.

edit on 9-9-2011 by IlluminatusOculus33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

These discussions seem to go the same way each time.

Some don't see a problem with homosexuality...the Christian does and states God's laws.

The Christian and the faith is attacked or the Bible is attacked as false...the Christian defends the word of God.

It is such a basic argument...

This society accepts homosexuality (or is going in that direction) basing it on love and acceptance and coating God as being loving and accepting, so where is the problem?

God said homosexuality is a sin. That WILL never change.

We live in a society that thinks it is above all this old God stuff and we are more enlightened and advanced, and those laws were written too long ago. We poke holes in it as much as we can so that we don't have to live that way.

The true believer in Christ FOLLOWS Christ, not without a mind of his own, but in service to, in love of, in devotion to. And doesn't see the laws as a prison or a hinderence - but as infinitely freeing.

It is tough to describe the feeling of God in your life, but it is there, He is real...and I don't have my head in the sand...believe what you want!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by goodday123

They will see how true God's law is when they are thrown into the Lake of Fire for spreading a false Gospel.

"But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned." -Matthew 12:36-37

These false Christians will have to answer for their blasphemies.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by goodday123

Since the discussion has gone to what is and is not considered a sin, according to the bible and god and all that is human, it would be prudent to consider 2 things:

1) What is sin? After all it is a question that every one dances around, they often will use that when discussing religious nature and various other things. So what exactly is sin, in accordance to the Judaic religions? From everything that I could find, and come up with, according to the best theological minds of the time, Sin is any act that violates a moral code of conduct, that has been decreed by a divine entity, or the direct rebellion against, or resistance to the direction of the supreme divine authority.

2) What does God think about all of this? Well as every one is pulling their favorite verse from the bible, then the only conclusion that should be brought up, goes back to the promise that Jesus made to St. Peter before returning to heaven, and there fore based off of that, being gay or even the very acts of such is not considered, nor should be considered a sin. This promise was made, and kept to this very day, after all there is only one faith that holds the very tradition of St. Peter, and if their members can engage in such and be absolved of those sins, then so too can every one else who does such. And if we are all equal in the eyes of God, then there is your answer. The promise boils down to the following: What you so hold true on earth, shall be true in heaven. What is forbidden on earth, will be forbidden in heaven. And as the throne of St. Peter is in control of the Catholic church, and the priests do and have been documented of engaging in said activities, well you get the point of logic. That one promise, trumps all other laws that are in the bible.

Beyond that, no one really has explained how 2 men getting married would affect them or their families, or their jobs or any thing else, beyond excuses that are based in the fear of change. After all it was not too long ago, that people separated themselves, all based on color of skin or appearance, and did use the bible as justification. Even today, people are separating themselves all based on the very notion that someone may be Muslim and people shy away from such, or just tend to group with what they know instead of taking the plunge into the unknown and say getting to know your neighbor to form a good strong society.

Yet here again, every one is under the mistaken belief that we all are Christian, and should follow that creed, well sorry to disappoint, but we are all not Christian, we all have different beliefs and values based on those beliefs and our very morals, the one guiding principles are based on our individual faith. It is that view of that faith that defines what that faith is, and how it is perceived. If you desire to continue to argue the various points of faith and why something can not be equal, might I suggest you read up on the countries there is a strong Theocracy in place, where the line between faith and fanaticism has been blurred and people are killed for minor transgression? Or do we stand up and say the law must be equal for all across the board, and back the very fundamental freedom that we all so enjoy, the freedom to choose?

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join