It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am a Straight, Married Christian Male in Support of Gay Marriage

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

So if a girl likes the color pink she is gay? Then the Pink Power Ranger is gay. Gasp and the Pink Panther!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by rumor21

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by rumor21

You know whats an abomination? Your twisted world view. You are no better than Hitler if your willing to base your opinions on fairy tales.
edit on 8-9-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

I'm no better than Hitler? Are you kidding me with this i never said i hated gay people, I have gay friends an we have this discussion all the time. I guess i base my twisted world view to the fact that god made men and women. Take it easy gees my friends don't even get this upset.

No, you called it an abomination. I hope you drop the faulty logic that religion applies when deciding if something is wrong. Everything we know about homosexuality points to it being completely normal. Not a disease. Not a birth defect. Not anything but simply being born that way. Since when does an all knowing, all powerful God create abominations anyway? He is perfect, so you should have no problem believing he created everything he wanted in the way he wanted. Therefore they are not abominations, they are perfectly created to the design God wanted. So... if you fail to agree with my statement that means that God made a mistake and therefore cannot be all powerful.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IlluminatusOculus33

Thanks for kinda sticking up for me

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

reply to post by rumor21

You know whats an abomination? Your twisted world view. You are no better than Hitler if your willing to base your opinions on fairy tales.

I'm no better than Hitler? Are you kidding me with this i never said i hated gay people, I have gay friends an we have this discussion all the time. I guess i base my twisted world view to the fact that god made men and women. Take it easy gees my friends don't even get this upset.

No, you called it an abomination. I hope you drop the faulty logic that religion applies when deciding if something is wrong. Everything we know about homosexuality points to it being completely normal. Not a disease. Not a birth defect. Not anything but simply being born that way. Since when does an all knowing, all powerful God create abominations anyway? He is perfect, so you should have no problem believing he created everything he wanted in the way he wanted. Therefore they are not abominations, they are perfectly created to the design God wanted. So... if you fail to agree with my statement that means that God made a mistake and therefore cannot be all powerful.

No god is perfect and we are not that's why there is sin.... but if that's what makes you feel better.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

reply to post by rumor21

No god is perfect and we are not that's why there is sin.... but if that's what makes you feel better.

So... God created imperfect beings and then punishes them for being imperfect? Yah, loving he is.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rumor21

Also, you failed to explain why God created gays like they are. If God didnt want them that way, why create them that way?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

reply to post by rumor21

Also, you failed to explain why God created gays like they are. If God didnt want them that way, why create them that way?

What about Satan he tempts people. Can't blame God for everything.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

reply to post by rumor21

Never said God made people gay you did. I don't think people are "created gay" your words.
edit on 8-9-2011 by rumor21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

reply to post by rumor21

Never said God made people gay you did. I don't think people are "created gay" your words.

So... you don't think God created gays like he creates straights?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

I think you're forgetting the fact that God gave humans free choice in life to either lead godly lives or lives of sin. People can accept him or reject him.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by IlluminatusOculus33

reply to post by rumor21

What about Satan he tempts people. Can't blame God for everything.

Does Satan tempt rats too? Or dogs? Or wolves? Or any other animal that has been know to engage in Homosexuality? Or are you just trying to take the responsibility away from God and put it on Satan?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

reply to post by rumor21

God created man and women not sin.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I think you're forgetting the fact that God gave humans free choice in life to either lead godly lives or lives of sin. People can accept him or reject him.

No, according to the Bible God knows everything in the future and the past. So, how can we have free will if everything is already decided? Also, no one can just choose to be Gay. Most that do try to deny it live very unhappy lives.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death. -James 1:13-15

But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish. -2 Peter 2:12

Yet these men speak abusively against whatever they do not understand; and what things they do understand by instinct, like unreasoning animals--these are the very things that destroy them. -Jude 1:10

You can't compare humans to animals. Humans have a higher intellect and know right from wrong. If a dog steals someone's sandwich it doesn't know it has done wrong. If a person steals another persons sandwich they know it is wrong. Humans aren't mindless animals.

edit on 8-9-2011 by IlluminatusOculus33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

reply to post by rumor21

God created man and women not sin.

So... a behavior that is observed in animals was not thought of by God? Where did it come from then. Is it sinning if a dog does it(many do)? Is that the devils fault to?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

No, according to the Bible God knows everything in the future and the past. So, how can we have free will if everything is already decided? Also, no one can just choose to be Gay. Most that do try to deny it live very unhappy lives.

Exactly god can't make you love him and obey his words that's free will.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death. -James 1:13-15

But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish. -2 Peter 2:12

Yet these men speak abusively against whatever they do not understand; and what things they do understand by instinct, like unreasoning animals--these are the very things that destroy them. -Jude 1:10

You can't compare humans to animals. Humans have a higher intellect and know right from wrong. If a dog steals someone's sandwich it doesn't know it has done wrong. If a person steals another persons sandwich they know it is wrong. Humans aren't mindless animals.

edit on 8-9-2011 by IlluminatusOculus33 because: (no reason given)

First off, quoting bible scripture gets you no where. Second, i can compare humans to animals. You know why? Cause we are animals. In fact we are of the branch known as apes, maybe you have heard of it? They exhibit a lot of the behavior we do(such as the understanding of money, language skills, homosexuality, happiness, fear of death, they even have wars with other groups of ape. Tactical wars. ). Do you not classify them as animals either?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Exactly god can't make you love him and obey his words that's free will.

You must see how this makes no sense. God knew they would be gay, knew that they would engage in gay sex, and then punishes them for doing exactly what he knew they would do?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Would you deny the full rights under the law to one group but not another? After all that sounds like the exact same argument that has been used before but for a different group, but the same idea, on the adoption of children.

It should not matter if the couple is same sex or is opposite sex, the focus should be on the well being of the child and ultimate who can provide and meet the needs of a child. After all would you deny some one like say Tyra Sanchez, or Steven Davies, or Alan Ball, or Ricky Martin, or Eric Alva, or Clay Aiken, or any number of successful gay people the right to adopt, and perhaps give a child a better life than what they have had before, in favor of someone who can not best provide for a child?

Not every straight couple is a fit model for children, after all parent of the year should not include rapist, murders, drug dealers, or any other criminal element. And it seems as though , and please forgive me for this, but we are the population of Jerusalem, crying out to fee the murder while the innocent is executed.

The point being that it is very unfair and discriminatory to expect gay people or any group to pay taxes, and be a part of society, and yet deny them the full benefits of being a part of that society, all cause they are different. Exclusion from a group, when based on the fact that a person is different, is not right.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I don't see apes wearing clothes, using computers, driving cars, building houses, writing books, and having any type of religion or philosophy. We are the higher life form. Animals don't build civilizations, humans do.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join