It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am a Straight, Married Christian Male in Support of Gay Marriage

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by spw184

How is a lesbian couple going to teach the kid to play fastball?
How is a lesbian couple going to teach a kid how to shave?

the list goes on and on
How would a father explain girls getting their periods to a little girl? She would feel so uncomfortable

and i'm only scratching the surface here

I'm pretty sure women shave their legs, therefore could teach a teenager how to shave their face (I actually taught myself how to shave without the help of my father). Women play football as well, so I'm sure they're capable of teaching someone how to throw a ball. Also, a period isn't something mystical and unknown, I'm fairly certain a gay father could teach his little girl about how to deal with one.

My question is, why are you clinging to OLD sexual stereotypes and mores that are hardly even relevant? Transcending gender boundaries isn't very difficult if you have an open mind.

edit on 9/6/11 by FredT because: Fixed quote

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrawleR

>
Im gay and i know people who have fully functioning families with two same sex parents.

I'm straight and I know straight couples that are just so happy
until we found out otherwise

You don't know what goes on behind closed doors
I'm not at all suggesting they will do bad things to the child, please don't interpret that

But a baby needs a father figure and a mother figure

You know how many people living in ghettos complain of not having a fatherly role model?
How is a lesbian couple going to teach the kid to play fastball?
How is a lesbian couple going to teach a kid how to shave?

the list goes on and on
How would a father explain girls getting their periods to a little girl? She would feel so uncomfortable

and i'm only scratching the surface here

Many, many children grow up without both parents. Some aren't lucky enough to have either one. Is your argument is that same-sex couples wouldn't be able to... explain things to their children? Just seems idiotic, no offense. Parenting is much more than only teaching; It's empathy, love, guidance, patience, and a lot more. Why would the girl feel uncomfortable bringing it up to her parents if they have a very open loving relationship and trust is there? You don't think a lesbian couple can teach a kid to shave?

Sigh.

Yeah, are you saying that orphans are going to be all screwed up or that single mothers are going to make their kids all confused? Lol you fail at life dude.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

He didn't say he found Brad Pitt hot, he said he can distinguish between a conventionally good looking guy and one that is not. If you're unable to see why girls may prefer Brad Pitt to Paul Giamatti then you're either blind or you're lying to yourself.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Jesus fulfilled the old Mosaic covenant, and set forth new laws for "followers of God. Jesus never said anything about homosexuality. only love God with your whole heart, and to love your neighbor as yourself.

perhaps you should read the entire bible...then have a 10 yr old explain it to you.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

and I think gays in the military is beyond stuipid
not because I think gays shouldn't be soldiers but because i'm anti-war
and gays screaming "Hey let us illegally invade countries and kill civilians too" just sound stupid to me

bad timing
my two cents

I used to think that about gays in the military until I joined the Army. The gay guys I met in there shocked me with the attitudes. These guys were so gung ho R. Lee Ermey would have been proud to have them in his corp.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Why would the girl feel uncomfortable bringing it up to her parents if they have a very open loving relationship and trust is there? You don't think a lesbian couple can teach a kid to shave?

Little boys "Girlss?? ewwwwww!"

Little girls "Boys?? Ewwwwwww"

they are kids not adults, you are thinking too logical
kids don't think like that

a loving relationship and truth is there

come on
a man shows his son how to shave his face
a girl wouldnt' want to talk to a man about periods

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

So let me ask you a question. What about single parent homes? Should they not be allowed to have children? If you say other members of the family can fill the missing parents roles, well gay people have families too. I've always wondered what peoples take on this is. I actually sort of agree with your points, but at the same time have seen a few very happy families with two parents of the same sex.

Oh I'm an idiot someone already asked.

edit on 6-9-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by The Old American

I too am for gay marriage! Why should they be spared the misery the rest of us have to suffer.

LMAO! Great response!
And...true. So, so true.

/TOA

Of course I pull out this corny old joke everytime this subject comes up. And I have been married a number of times and for some reason, all my exwives and I are better friends and lovers now, than when we were married.

I hope everyone can experience the companionship and love that my wives have shown me. Now that I'm SOBER"

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
Marriage is for Squares. It only follows that Squares get married. What is the meaning of marriage? How did it get there? You can't explain that... Look into my eyes and tell me you love me.

it's hard to look you in the eyes when you're facing the other way

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I taught myself how to shave because my dad wasn't supporting on those topics, and as far as periods go, schools educate children on those as early as 3rd grade, and if your having a period in 3rd grade... sucks for you!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I am not fine with gay couples adopting though
It's not that I have anything against gays it's just that I feel a mother and father are needed
that's just my opinion though

I was a single mom, my kid turned out fine. You posted a thread comdemning abortion, yet you would deny 2 loving women the ability to adopt? Hypocitical much?????

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Of course I pull out this corny old joke everytime this subject comes up. And I have been married a number of times and for some reason, all my exwives and I are better friends and lovers now, than when we were married.

I usually remain friends with my exes but certainly not LOVERS with all of them. Apparently I have been doing something wrong and wish to subscribe to your news letter.

link   
Im going to ask one time. If you cannot debate this subject without the constant personal sniping back and forth further action will be taken.

Thanks

link   

I am fine with gay marriage
btw, good luck haha

I am not fine with gay couples adopting though
It's not that I have anything against gays it's just that I feel a mother and father are needed
that's just my opinion though

and I think gays in the military is beyond stuipid
not because I think gays shouldn't be soldiers but because i'm anti-war
and gays screaming "Hey let us illegally invade countries and kill civilians too" just sound stupid to me

bad timing
my two cents

I have nothing against gay marriage, I'm fine with the gays adopting too. I'd take the loving friendly gay person, over the abusive two parent home but hey ? That's just me, besides I'm not Christian does my opinion count ?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Single parents should be the exceptions, not the norm. Our society is breaking down at an accelerating pace. Do you think there might be a correlation to the number of single-parent households, and two-income households which are just as bad?

I am FOR Gay Marriage, and I think it can work in many cases, and I think it is preferable to a Single-Parent household, but it certainly has its own set of challenges.

I admire the strong single parents I have known, but it is not something that should be celebrated or encouraged. I'm happy they are successful some of the time, but I don't think anyone can argue that it is somehow superior or even equal to an intact family unit?

In reality, what we need is a return to 1-income families, and somebody making sure that all those groceries are getting cooked, the laundry is ready, and all that homework is getting done, instead of eating out, using a dry-cleaner, and a tutor. Gay Marriage isn't the problem. Greed and Debt-Slavery are the problems.

link   
reply to post by FredT

Lol dont freak out mr modship, gays are used to this and frankly, debating almost always = flaming

link   

Why would the girl feel uncomfortable bringing it up to her parents if they have a very open loving relationship and trust is there? You don't think a lesbian couple can teach a kid to shave?

Little boys "Girlss?? ewwwwww!"

Little girls "Boys?? Ewwwwwww"

they are kids not adults, you are thinking too logical
kids don't think like that

a loving relationship and truth is there

come on
a man shows his son how to shave his face
a girl wouldnt' want to talk to a man about periods

If you have the type of relationship where you can talk to your parents about anything and everything, then it's not a problem. I've been witness to it first hand. You're not giving the children enough credit. Not every kid is "eww girls, ewww boys". Hell, I wasn't. You're getting entirely caught up in the gender rather than just seeing the parents as Mom or Dad.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
EVERYONE WAIT ON SEC. This is about gay marrige, when did childhood come into this? Not all couples have kids.. we're going off topic....

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Single parents should be the exceptions, not the norm.

Good points. I've always actually been rather torn on this issue. I can't imagine how hard it would be to grow up with a gay couple as parents, but I also think it's a hell of a lot better than the alternative most times.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Angry gay, mad that the world does not agree with you. Why cant you except the fact that not everyone is going to agree with your behavior.? I am Russian Orthodox and i am so glad we do not except this kind of crazy nonsense. America is racing to the finish with this type of BS, its turning into a society where anything goes just like ancient Rome.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join