It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am a Straight, Married Christian Male in Support of Gay Marriage

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by IlluminatusOculus33

Originally posted by DRAZIW

Originally posted by voidla
reply to post by DRAZIW

Hopefully you have a wash before you engage in sexual relations!

And, I hear the prostate in the back end of a man can result in quite, stimulating experiences!

Nowhere as stimulating as withdrawing one's own testes inside the body and have them embrace the prostrate from in front!

An old yogi practice that turns on the light permanently for the man.

That's why only "men" have the "key".

Sorry women, it's God's design. I didn't do it.

It's impossible for the testicles to go inside the body.

Why? Are yours too big or something?

Yoga isn't for everyone. Shaolin monks, maybe. Sumo wrestlers perhaps. Ordinary men, no way. It takes years to master the art. Can only be learn t slowly.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by spw184

I am against state sanctioned marriage entirely.

If two people want to pledge to share their lives and possessions together forever, that is their
business. And I don't care about their color, size, political ideology, religion. or sexual status.
I don't even care if some guy wants to marry a household appliance, a sheep, or a certain
~special~ vacuum cleaner attachment...it is not government's business.

Marriage is a social issue. It belongs in a church or synagogue or wherever...not the
legal halls of justice.

Maybe that makes my beliefs more clear. I'm pure libertarian, do what you will as long as it is
not to the detriment of others.

oh, the animal husbandry was a supposed to be a clever insert...but after reading my post I realize
it wasn't clear....
edit on 7-9-2011 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by yaluk

I dont get why people are not saying this is a REAL issue? Were debating it aren't we? Its in the news all the time isn't it? THAN ITS A REAL TOPIC xD

And also, To biblefreaks out there, Why would god ever deny love?

Also, im going to play the "Bible quote" game now!

And they come into Bethany. And a certain woman whose brother had died was there. And, coming, she prostrated herself before Jesus and says to him, “son of David, have mercy on me.” But the disciples rebuked her. And Jesus, being angered, went off with her into the garden where the tomb was, and straightway, going in where the youth was, he stretched forth his hand and raised him, seizing his hand. But the youth, looking upon him, loved him and began to beseech him that he might be with him. And going out of the tomb they came into the house of the youth, for he was rich. And after six days Jesus told him what to do and in the evening the youth comes to him, wearing a linen cloth over his naked body. And he remained with him that night, for Jesus taught him the mystery of the Kingdom of God. And thence, arising, he returned to the other side of the Jordan

Ok so its actually the secret gospel of mark, but is that any less important?

Or what about the "Beloved disciple?" Sure he loved ALL of them, but why did they KEEP refering to Judas? And also, how come in the gosple of judas, judas says the jesus revealed his fate to him? (Including the infamous betrayal)

The bible isn't the only catholic holy book... and is THE most UNRELIABLE

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

reply to post by DRAZIW

And, I hear the prostate in the back end of a man can result in quite, stimulating experiences!

Nowhere as stimulating as withdrawing one's own testes inside the body and have them embrace the prostrate from in front!

Yoga isn't for everyone. Shaolin monks, maybe. Sumo wrestlers perhaps. Ordinary men, no way. It takes years to master the art. Can only be learn t slowly.

Lol actually its quite easy... But this isn't the place for explaining that...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nexakill
I think gay people want to get married so as to be on equal footing with straight people. Not allowing 'marriage' between gay people implies that 'gay' is somehow unacceptable. Marriage as I see it has a great deal to do with religion. I am a gay female, who wants to one day meet another woman, with whom I will spend the rest of my life loving, and eventually have a family. I don't have great faith in religion, and marriage to me simply implies a life commitment and recognition with the law. I am satisfied with civil partnership, but despite being an atheist, I am still angry that I can't be 'married'. This is solely because I feel I should be allowed equal opportunities as straight people.

When people say it's wrong to be gay, I don't understand it. To me it's like being born a particular skin colour, or race. You can't help it. Being gay is entirely consensual, like any other adult relationship. Marriage is simply a desire to 'fit in' with society, and be acknowledged as being normal.

I wish that I could see the future where none of this really mattered. At the end of the day gay rights and opinions are so minor compared to some of the serious problems out there. We should be concentrating on progressing humanity, curing starvation and disease, and other serious matters.

Gay people may be amongst the minority...but we still make up a rather large percentage of the human race! Inevitably in the future, there will be equal rights. I won't let some book written centuries ago dictate how to live my life. And quite frankly, my mother is on her 4th marriage...who wants the hassel??!!

why would you want to fit into a society in which you do not quite fit in based on your beliefs and sexual orientation... it makes no sense to want to be married. You want to fit into a society that is religiously driven which has set up the institution of marriage which is part of religion.. yet you are atheist and still want to have the choice to partake in an institution placed by religion which goes against athieism... i just dont' get it. My mind shattered.

people say it is wrong to be gay because if i put two gay people on an island they will be dead with no descendency on that island many years later. Place a man and woman there and you have an inbred village. the mechanics for same sex relationships is not there... it can be improvised but lets be honest it's not naturally meant to be that way.

It is not the same as skin color or race.. you can still procreate naturally that way with homosexualism you cannot.
Apples and oranges.

i do believe homosexuals are born that way. Do i feel like they should be treated badly, no way. Like all of us they should be allowed to have a good life. But expecting to have same sex marriages in a church is very far fetched. if religion is so silly why do they even want to so badly. civil union sure

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by scapers2u
Honestly, who cares? its not like its going to change your relationship, you believe in gay marriage, you dont, end of discussion, whats the point of arguing or fighting about it

This is the modern age, we should get rid of all stereotypes. What is marriage? Long ago a man could have several wives. King Solomon had 800 wives. Why are we limiting marriage to one man and one woman? Marriage should be between any number of consenting adults of any gender. If 5 men want to marry each other, fine. What about 2 men and 3 women married together in one union? Fine. It makes economic sense today. Say 5 people form a marriage, and 4 of them are out of work, The last 1 working can use his salary to support the family of all 5, claiming the unemployed 4 as "dependents" on his tax returns and getting the dependent tax break for that. See? If 5 are working, they can pool together their small incomes to buy/rent a more expensive home. Again, all benefits all around. From a purely financial point of view, marriage with multiple partners makes alot of sense. Especially, in today's difficult world with high unemployment, and high costs of living. It's inevitable, gay marriage is just the first step. Right after that, it's group marriage, next. The most pressing thing today is personal finances, and the best solution on the table is combining resources to survive. It's almost as if God has planned it this way. To make it, groups got to marry and bond. Vote for gender-free group marriage.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
People need to realize that it is great for them if they respect the gays. But they also have to respect the fact that no matter how much they think they are right, people are going to have differing opinions. Hating on people just because they have different views on gays is just as bad as hating gays.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 200457

So no matter what you do, your screwed? lol

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by spw184

No, if you love everyone, you would be right. Or, you could hate everyone equally.

It's just funny to see the amount of irony people constantly spew.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

You are very right putting forth legal and moral reasoning to backup
You like any well rounded individual formulated your opinion and how your believes have changed thru logic that someone who may have come to their opposing views towards this, but understand where your beliefs are coming from enough to agree to disagree or respect them and find some sort of common ground to this argument work it out the problem

Unfortunately this will never matter to diehard zealot fanatics because they are more concerned with promoting the groups("cliche\gangs") ideals and believes then having any of they're own
To some the feeling to belong is stronger then their own thoughts on a subject overpowering any common sense/decency they might otherwise have meaning any reasonable points you make never change

The groups influence compels them support its doctrine right or wrong without question (never having the will to question the reasoning behind established dogma) due to their place within the group and motivation to not just belong but standout as the biggest, loudest and most vocal opponent leaving willfully blind to the intentions of others support the group not because they care about morels or religion, but because if changed this will impact and effect them in some way

The real reasoning behind support against gay marriage are not what them moral or religious reason the majority group is being told because they are not moral to rational people

1) Health Care-as an employer or insurer if you marry someone then they receive coverage your profits will go down
2)TAXES-Government income tax is different for married couples you can claim as one household where different rules and tax breaks apply lowering the income the government receives

These 2 reasons alone fund most of the anti gay marriage movement

Especially since some people who are not gay just might get married to save money I mean why not social stigma and taboo aside if you can save thousands of dollars by marrying your friend why wouldn't you its not like you have sleep with them both of you could go to Cancun or Amsterdam for your honeymoon and with the money you save and get laid by all the hookers you want

imagine if both polygamy and gay marriage where legal you could marry ten of your friends and the love of your life and the Government would be even more broker then they already are

People who whine about the children or the sanctity of marriage are just fans of fans and repeat like groupy parrots make loud noise but never answer the question beyond the copout statement being fed to them by people who have something to lose if it is made legal

Like losing the ability to misappropriate spending to fund to BS projects for people who fund their campaign or denying someones loved one the health care they deserve thru technicalities to keep profits up and investors happy

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DRAZIW

Kama Sutra is not for Shaolin monks. Just thought I'd clear that up.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by DRAZIW

Kama Sutra is not for Shaolin monks. Just thought I'd clear that up.

LMAO!!! xD
Promiscupastor much?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by spw184

And also, To biblefreaks out there, Why would god ever deny love?

Are you also for man/boy "love"? To assume that that is Divine Love is to misunderstand our relationship with God and with each other.

edit on 7-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I think this song sums up the situation quite well.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by IblisLucifer

Especially since some people who are not gay just might get married to save money I mean why not social stigma and taboo aside if you can save thousands of dollars by marrying your friend why wouldn't you its not like you have sleep with them both of you could go to Cancun or Amsterdam for your honeymoon and with the money you save and get laid by all the hookers you want

Nooooo....the problem is that once you get married you've got to have sex. People are suing each other in hetero marriages already...

Woman sues ex for lack of sex.

A Frenchwoman has successfully sued her ex-husband for failing to have enough sex with her during their marriage, the woman’s husband has been ordered to pay her £8,500 in damages. The ruling came about after the husband who is 51 years old was fined under article 215 of France’s civil code, which states married couples must agree to a “shared communal life”.....

Source:
www.shockingtimes.co.uk...

So, once two men get married, by law, they have to have sex. If they don't have "enough sex" one partner can sue the other for damages.

Right now, gays have the best of all worlds. They can have sex when they want, and when they don't want sex, they can party. But, once they get married, and the partner says "lets do it" they gotta. Otherwise, they gotta go to court.

I thought of the same problem. I think we need yet another type of marriage, called a "Platonic Marriage". In a Platonic relationship between a man and a woman, they are bonded together as good friends, but there's no sex involved. We need to institutionalize this type of union too. Just to be fair. Why should non-platonic relations get all the benefits of marriage? Platonic relations have their virtues too. Vote for "Platonic Marriage" , it's the decent choice to make. No more forced sex.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by spw184

I don't understand that word. But I do know that the Kama Sutra is not a practice for Shaolin monks, as they are celibate. That is not to say that someone who is not a Buddhist monk cannot practice shaolin Kung Fu.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX

Speak the truth in Love.

there is very little love in anything you are saying.

PS the OPs sentiment is that marriage is a contractual issue, and should be regarded as such. to give power to a religion to determine the validity of legislation is a stones throw from a Theocracy.

the US is not a Theocracy! (despite the efforts of a bit too many of the folk mid-debate, right about now.
)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Actually, you're the only one mentioning a reform of a church, not actually specifying what church may I add..

Two humans of the same gender want to hold their marriage ceremony in a building, if that building is being ran by a religion, sorry, but that religion needs to obey by the state's laws, the state doesn't obey the religion's laws!

By the way, what communist country are you from?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by spw184

reply to post by DRAZIW

Lol actually its quite easy... But this isn't the place for explaining that...

So, you know the method Jesus taught in "The Secret Gospel of Mark", huh?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEV1L79

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by The Old American

Ok let's play that out....should Christians tolerate pedophiles just because they are human and make mistakes and do terrible things to children, or are you going to justify that? This is the problem with religious humanism. It replaces God with the human moral relativity.
That is totally different, a peado prays on a young child someone's child they are protecting, they are duping them into sex and the child will grow up with the scar of this forever, the child does not go out to find and old person to have sex with, it is totally one sided on the peados part, the child is harmed mentally and in some cases physically, two gay people are not hurting each other or anyone else it is not the same thing at all.

Then you should know that incest between father and son is often associated with a child becoming gay. And today there is the man/boy/love association promoting sex between adult males and children. Morally, the Church and society has a responsibility to stand up for what is right and not just what people want. My question was more about whether being tolerant is really the key to being Christian.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join