It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video captures the terrifying moment a furious twister hit the New York State Thruway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Source

A little boring till about 5 minutes in...

Incredible video footage shows the moment a tornado struck the New York State Thruway last night.

A woman who had stopped in her car during a storm, films the raging winds gathering pace until, about six minutes in, a full on tornado appears in front of her.

The National Weather Service said it received multiple reports of the tornado in Montgomery County.

Holy crap!!

I wonder what she was doing just sitting in her car during the storm recording it. I mean I'm glad she was or she would have never got that footage but, what was she doing?

It clearly shows a tornado and the woman begins to panic and she had to talk herself through it.

Amazing video, hope you all enjoy.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
That is awesome footage. I have never been to New York so I'm not sure exactly where that is but I pray that everyone was ok on the freeway, that looked like some giant black monster lying down on everything.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Awesome vid, but man what a tool that chick was that was filming. I've been through a million tornados and didn't act like that on my very first one. We need to get her together with double rainbow guy!!!!
edit on 9/6/2011 by KILL_DOGG because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I would not be as calm as this chick was, sounds like i need to check my manhood!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

she was like almost getting orgasm

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Very good capture of the tornado forming. You don't see that too often. Great find! Yeah, she wet herself, lol!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
She actually works in the Vortex 2 team. Check out her other vids, namely the tattoo video.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
That was an awesome video. KUDOS to the lady for getting some really sweet footage when many people would panic. SNF4DAOP

Something similar happened to me in Florida about 15 years ago. My family and I were just pulling into our driveway after shopping when what we thought was just a cloudburst with some heavy winds hit all of a sudden; debris started falling in the yard as my wife grabbed one son and I grabbed the other and we both raced inside. After it was all over - in 3 minutes - I took a drive around the neighborhood to see what I could see.

The tornado had been moving West to East: Houses on the street to our immediate West were destroyed, as were houses on the street to our East; but our home was untouched, even though we were in the damage path. Apparently, the tornado lifted off the ground - skipping, or hopping, as it were - right over our heads just before it would have caught us out in the open, and then landed on the other side to continue it's path of destruction.

That is the story of just ONE of the miracles that has happened to me personally over the course of my life, and I give glory to God for sparing my family (and everyone else too - nobody was home at any of the destroyed homes.)
edit on 9/6/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

That is awesome. But can someone tell me why I see the same grey van making a turn ? I only watched from 5 min till the end.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The most interesting, creepy thing about this video is that you hear the wind and rain hitting her car and then just before the tornado forms there is this very eerie silence of wind and rain.
It gave me chills!

new topics

top topics

join