It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Approval Rate Hits Record Low

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Source

A new poll shows that US President Barack Obama's approval rating has hit a record low as there seems to be no end in sight to the economic crisis in the United States.

The poll, jointly conducted by Washington Post and ABC News, found that 53 percent of Americans disapprove of Obama's job performance and 77 percent think the country is on the wrong track.

The survey, which was published on Monday, also illustrated that 35 percent of Americans believe they have become worse off financially under Obama's presidency.

The poll also found that a majority of Americans were angry with Republicans and they had lost their confidence in the Republican-dominated US Congress.

As bad as it sounds, I am happy to see this sort of disarray in the US public. I am happy that they finally see that the president is just there to retain the status quo and to always make it look like he is doing something, all while screwing the pooch.

I am also happy to see 77% of the public think that the US is headed on the wrong track. That statement puts a smile on my face because I am so happy to see that the public finally realizes that things are wrong.

All in all, I'm just happy to see the US waking up. Hopefully this is the beginning of a revolution.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
People are stupid, thinking government is going to make a better society, remove government all together and then you can have prosperity

We have been doing this for centuries, the outcome is always the same... yet we try again and again hmm maybe its the whole system that is the issue, changing pieces will not change the final outcome.
edit on 6-9-2011 by thegoods724 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Obama is a failure because he has bowed to the corporate powers at every turn and every issue. Also he has exhibited no leadership or vision of where the country should be going. He deserves a low rating, in-fact I would give him a zero or even rate him in the minus range if possible.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Wait until his disclosure of, i mean JOBS and Economic speech sept 8. It will sink to an even new low. LOL

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
yeah but they still like the guy personally

its good to be a democrat in this country you can fail your butt off and they will give him a free pass time and time agian.

you know things they never gave the last potus.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Ya know, even if OBAMA has approval ratings in the single digits, the PTB will rig the election in 2012 if they want that @ssclown back in again. We all know how it works. Nobodies watching the counters count. We have the same problem in Kanadakastan (Canada), the PTB put out some campaign to say Harper will have a majority and the wanker's in. I only know one person out of hundreds who voted for Harper, you'll have the same with Obama or whatever nightmarish creature comes to hold the office of the POTUS next.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Why do I think that this will be in the breaking news for the next year and a freaking half? Every week I read about how he has broken Jimmy Carters records for being the lamest President ever since...well...Carter.

One and done....Thank Goodness!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The scary part is that apparently 47 percent of the public think he is doing a GOOD job!

Never underestimate the stupidity of the general public.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
No matter how much I dislike Obama, I can't say I blame the fella. All of his supposedly hardcore supporters just went back to life after he won, they didn't give a crap about anything (they never did). Obama was a bandwagon, everybody got on and when he won, they got off.

Approval ratings mean jack to me, the people don't even know their left hand from their right-they're that stupid.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I have a prediction...and though it should be in the prediction forum I will post it here. By Jan 1st, Obama will reach 11% job approval.

Oh, he'll have his hanger ons and according to them we will all be racists.

There will always be people continue to believe in unicorns and refuse to see the reality of the actual situation.

Sorry...nothing against Unicorns...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
This is actually more favorable than some of the polls I've seen on the news networks, believe it or not.

But hey, it's pretty simple. Us American taxpayers essentially "hired" Obama when we elected him, correct? We hired him to do a job -- to get this country back on track. Now, if you're a business and you hire someone to do a job and don't and fail miserably, what usually happens? The weak link employee is laid off because the company can't afford to make mistakes and carry around dead weight.

I see the current situation with our president no differently. We contracted Obama for 4 years (not 8) to do a job and he failed. Not only that, he made things even worse by putting our country into even more debt and leading it into even more senseless conflicts (Libya).

I ask... should we really extend Obama's contract for another four years? And if so, what makes you think anything will change?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
He lost a lot of support when he announced two weeks ago that he was giving amnesty to 30 million illegals. How can he expect americans to obey the law when he lets all these foreigners break the law and live here and steal jobs, benefits, and identities from the taxpayers??

top topics

join