It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

X2 flare. Earth directed

page: 10
52
<< 7  8  9   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Froggy55
 

A solar flare is no danger to your PC or Iphone.


except temporarily iNoSignal

NeoVain mentioned in the POWER OUTAGES thread that it might be due to the solar flare.

wonder what kind of activity is going on today and forward? and for how long..




posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant
 

Solar flares do not cause power outages.

The CMEs which can be associated with them can cause geomagnetic storms which can cause problems with the power grid but they take days to arrive. They also have to be quite strong.

There is no significant geomagnetic activity today.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

edit on 9/8/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by ignant
 

Solar flares do not cause power outages.

The CMEs which can be associated with them can cause geomagnetic storms which can cause problems with the power grid but they take days to arrive. They also have to be quite strong.

There is no significant geomagnetic activity today.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

edit on 9/8/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)


That was my exact response in the power outage thread lol. No storming = no chance of power outage due to flared



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
If you await for the solar wind, this would be a good view: Real-time Magnetosphere Simulation www2.nict.go.jp...

To be honest, it's Elenin that caused the power outage shooting high energetic photons at us in the EUV and XRay spectrum. It's finally communicating to us!!!

edit on 8-9-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Well this is going to arrive just in time for the next set of waves to the US shores. Hurricanes can be affected and driven by these intense winds caused by much smaller Solar events. Stay tuned as winds could become very strong across much of the US in the next several days. Lightning and even toradoes may become probable as well.



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Well this is going to arrive just in time for the next set of waves to the US shores. Hurricanes can be affected and driven by these intense winds caused by much smaller Solar events. Stay tuned as winds could become very strong across much of the US in the next several days. Lightning and even toradoes may become probable as well.



Really, I have never heard of a weather/ solar storm connection. I know that solar cycles can cause deeper winters. Do you have any links to support that claim cause I would love to read them.



posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Hmmmm...so a 6.7 mag earthquake just hit. Coincidence? Or more evidence?



posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by KevinB
 


So sorry that I am not a record keeper or I could link you to my own observations in the past. Seems everytime we have had major solar flares, here in the Midwest I have witnessed unannounced winds tear through and yet the media never seems to corrilate it with the solar activity. So no I have no proof for you other than my own experiences.

I did talk with the school yesterday and was privy to a conversation by all the teachers in that all the kids seemed to be dragging and kind of out of it all day. When I slipped in "could be related to geomagnetic forces, it raised some eyebrows but nothing more was said thankfully. Shortly afterward I discovered this thread.



posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627
 

Evidence of the shower syndrome maybe.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

A 6.4 earthquake is nothing unusual.



posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by lpowell0627
 

Evidence of the shower syndrome maybe.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

A 6.4 earthquake is nothing unusual.


shower syndrome lol, I have a lunch syndrome with phone calls.


You do have causation, it's water.... much like water is a mutual electrical system between the Earth and Sun, without water you have no showers, 3 days without drinking water you have no showers or phone calls!
Without an electric current you have no magnetic field, without a magnetic field you have no earthquakes. without the Sun's magnetic field you have no earth and so on.

This mutual relationshp between the Earth and Sun can cause small changes in the Earth's electrical systems that may alter, delay or accelerate earthquakes and weather etc.. I would imagine CERN will find this Jedi Force, it is not something for geophysicists to discover. lol

Who knows, it could be the green police calling to limit your water usage and wish you a happy birthday.



new topics

top topics



 
52
<< 7  8  9   >>

log in

join