It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for the ATS Enthusiast...When does LIFE begin?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
I would say at conception, but I could likely be swayed into "when the heart starts beating on it's own". Best way to avoid unwanted children is an aspirin; clasped firmly between the knees.

I would have to agree about the asprin but I was not trying to create an antiabortion thread. I just wanted others input as to when life begins. I know what I believe and why. I was looking to find others' view points.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries
reply to post by Quadrivium

i like to think that when a young couple has just finished sharing the most intimate of moments and Mother Nature has just begun to do what she does so well..as that couple holds each other in love, soon to find out they are to be parents..that's when life begins.

on a more philosophical bend, i feel life begins so many times throughout the course of one's existence. the first day at school. falling in love for the very first time. going to the mountains or the beach and discovering just how awesome and beautiful it is. your wedding day. finding your faith after losing it, and being deeply re-filled with the spirit. the day you adopt or have a child. living through a near-death experience. when one is in the throes of exhilaration from having driven a motorcycle over 100MPH.
and a very important 'when life begins': when someone has taken the time to explains things, to pique your interest that gets your curiosity going which leads you to seek answers - the kind of answers that let you see what's really going on, that takes you from 'sheeple' to aware, educated and pissed-off...that too is when life begins.

Very beautifully put, thought invoking as well. Thank you for sharing that. kinda gives a new prespective on the subject and is an answer that I have not considered before.
Thanks again.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Thanks for the input Praetorius. Educational response.
Lol, it may not be a fun topic but I am a curious one. I figured where better to get differnt view points than ATS.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

Very thought out and true. Thank you for your response.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Roughly the second trimester, when the spirit or soul is capable of entering as consciousness ie brain development is going on in large amounts.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I think you are asking when does life become a sentient being
Am I correct?
HMMMMMMM, not so much. I have met some folks that have been alive for years but not sure I would call them sentinel beings even now.
Just kidding, no I actually ment the point at which a human life begins, conscious or otherwise.

Biologists consider the cells that make up our body as "alive". They are said to have life. When a sperm and an egg have created a unique cell, that cell is then alive, too. So life begins at conception, if we go with the biological understanding of life.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Life begins at conception. It won't grow into a giraffe, banana, or basketball. It is human.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

A very moral question.
My opinion? At conception.
I could elaborate, but won't. Don't want to turn this into an abortion thread.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
well the sperm and ovum are alive before conception, you cant fertilize a dead egg, a dead sperm doesnt swim lol.

but a life defined as a "human life" thats subjective i guess. imo its a pretty well developed baby, not an egg with a sperm sticking out of it.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I like the call in the quote OP. The thing I don't like is that they treat abeyance as some form of required item or step in the process. Who says there needs to be? Why isn't the beginning of life a mutual event?

Also, why does life have to be hard to understand? Is it's inception more important than it's meaning of existence? Will we be one step closer to learning the trite "meaning of life" answer by endowing us with the knowledge of this, as if it's some sort of key to the kingdom?

I doubt it would change many minds to learn of the true (hidden?) origin of life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join