It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"GOP Defector Spills the Beans" Ex GOP aide admits Republicans are much worst than Democrats

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
www.nationalreview.com...

The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better. -Barack Obama 2006

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gannicus
www.nationalreview.com...

The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. …

What is real funny, is that the GOP has worked tirelessly inflating the exact same budget being referenced.
How do we know that the GOP hasn't engineer this entire chain of events in an attempt to justify the agenda?

I am starting to think it is a long term plan, that Bush's idiocy was actually purposeful mismanagement
and miscalculation. Remember folks, teachers, cops and firefighters are the reason why America is
#$%#3^*!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I can sum up the focus of this thread:

"My feces smell better than your feces"

How any Democrat can come on to this board with 'evidence' that the Republicans in Congress are sell-out corporate political wankers is beyond me. Pot, kettle?

If you want to be above politics then quit the Republican and Democratic parties completely. Need I remind you of the police state presence at both conventions in 2008? They are the same freaking group of people performing an act for you guys to get upset about and run to the other with open arms.

Wake up.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
How does one use a vote to not raise the debt ceiling as evidence of being the most evil party in the US? The Republicans, like many Americans of both parties, are not content with issuing blank checks any longer. While this practice may have gone on since WWII, look at our financial situation....perhaps it shouldn't have.

Further, since Republicans had a hand in prior debt ceiling increases, and this time opted to try and either stop it altogether or at the very least place a cap on how much further it can be raised, this is obviously a different approach than past Republican voting records, and therefore can not be lumped all together in a collective "see how they vote and see what they are doing" agenda.

Because -- for the slow learners - raising the debt ceiling was not a blank check, it was required to pay for stuff that the republicans had already approved. All of the whining and carping and just being flat out stupid earned us a down grade. The down grade is squarely on the republicans tea party.

We have had two wars started on top of a tax cut. The ONLY time that the US has ever done that -- it will take years to dig our way out. Thank you republicans thank you very much.

When you wonder what a "low information voter" is, you won't have to go far to find one.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
Because -- for the slow learners - raising the debt ceiling was not a blank check, it was required to pay for stuff that the republicans had already approved. All of the whining and carping and just being flat out stupid earned us a down grade. The down grade is squarely on the republicans tea party.

We have had two wars started on top of a tax cut. The ONLY time that the US has ever done that -- it will take years to dig our way out. Thank you republicans thank you very much.

When you wonder what a "low information voter" is, you won't have to go far to find one.

What irks me about this thread and you in particular is that you could have come on and said "both parties are corrupt" and then gone on to give evidence of Republican corruption. What you have done is say to Democrats "circle the wagons" and to the Republicans "dig in because we're coming for you". How you can write any of what you've written with a straight face I don't understand but maybe you are laughing as you type it - I don't know. You result to name calling "slow learners" and "low information voter" but you are drenched in ignorance. Which party was in control of Congress when TARP was passed? Which parties have been in power during debt ceiling raises? How much was the debt raised since 2003 and then since 2007? You go and do some research and answer those questions honestly without pandering to one side or the other and then we'll talk. I have zero tolerance for people that want to play this Democrat v Republican game - rally the troops crap.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I think that what the REAL problem here is that many of you are not willing to put your political affiliations to the side and look at this sort of information with an unbiased view.

The OP provides information about the Republican party's corruption, which most of us already knew very well, and the first knee-jerk reaction of the Republican supporters on here say "well, the Dems did this.....the Dems did that!"!

Isn't it wiser to base your opinion on whether or not the info is true, not your personal emotional downfalls that keep you from hearing the truth when it hits too close to home?

What people need to understand is that both sides are currupt and do not work for the best interests of "we the people". The difference between the parties is that the NeoCons in the Republican party have created a one-of-a-kind system of control and propaganda that has a choke hold on the nation. That is FACT! It is no stretch to say that the Nazi's would be proud of what has been accomplished by the Republican party in this area.

Yes, the Dems have their problems and are attatched to the corporations as well....blah blah........but they do not hold a candle to the RIght. That is why you have people writing such articles and why people such as the OP know that we can blame both parties for doing a bad job, but only the Right is engaging in the extreme as we see it today.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

Geez OP i had your source called as a lefty looney site before I clicked on this to prove myself correct. Try a non biased news source next time.....oh wait .....are there any? Dont feed the machine.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Shoot...I can't give you another flag.
I keep trying though. Isn't it the thought that counts?

In the face of adversity....you keep moving forward man...feels like we are in that last battle in the movie Glory.
Not a shot in hell to win but it is the right thing to do so it doesn't matter. Move forward against impossible odds, die if you have to, but let people know....every man's freedom, even the least among us, is worth dying for.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Victor03

Geez OP i had your source called as a lefty looney site before I clicked on this to prove myself correct. Try a non biased news source next time.....oh wait .....are there any? Dont feed the machine.

People keep saying there's a NWO and an agenda working against them but they don't want to point fingers.
Isn't that polite.

It is also why they get written permission to run rampant over our freedom and personal liberty and how they have even succeeded in making "liberty" and "progress" vile and unspeakable words.

I'd call the GOP a dog and pony show but dogs and ponies are both more real and infinitely more likable. This is a sideshow like any other circus act. Bring on the clowns.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
People keep saying there's a NWO and an agenda working against them but they don't want to point fingers.
Isn't that polite.

It is also why they get written permission to run rampant over our freedom and personal liberty and how they have even succeeded in making "liberty" and "progress" vile and unspeakable words.

I'd call the GOP a dog and pony show but dogs and ponies are both more real and infinitely more likable. This is a sideshow like any other circus act. Bring on the clowns.

I read your 'quote' or whatever next to your Avatar about the GOP building a fascist NWO state. Let me ask one question - in Chicago, IL which has more surveillance of citizens than any other city in the country, people are arrested for filming or audio recording the state, is that law (abused and used to suppress citizenry) passed and enforced by the GOP?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

Originally posted by newcovenant
Isn't that polite.

I read your 'quote' or whatever next to your Avatar about the GOP building a fascist NWO state. Let me ask one question - in Chicago, IL which has more surveillance of citizens than any other city in the country, people are arrested for filming or audio recording the state, is that law (abused and used to suppress citizenry) passed and enforced by the GOP?

Here is a likely scenario...while the Democrat is working their communist magic trying to secure food for the poor and health care for children, the GOP is trying to fast track legislation that benefits THEIR CRONEYS and companies that do manufacturing in their state. Not to say Dems don't do this but not to such a large extend that it is a platform.

It is the company making the surveillance equipment getting the favor.

Same way RAPISCAN and a handful of corrupt politicians were able to strip away our constitutional protections (or at least corrupt 4th amendments original meaning & intent so that (according to them) it did not apply) and sell America on buying those new scanners made by RAPISCAN for every airport. The same RAPISCANNERS people think exacerbate cancers?
How powerful can you be to remove a constitutional protection and give cancer even POSSIBLY?
That's pretty darn powerful.
Hmm who in the Dems is rich and powerful enough to escape criticism for this, in this Tea Party charged climate, or even wield this amount of clout to get it passed into usage?

Like here it will be GE and a friendly politician who pushes these through as a great idea we are going to start using - a meter that monitors usage and sends it back to the company in real time. It will tell what you are hooking up and when.

It is the COMPANY that makes these who will profit and are the manipulators pushing this type of thing through into regular usage because naturally they will get the contract to sell these smart meters nationwide.

Monitoring the citizens seems a good way to keep an eye on them and keep them in line.
We already have over lords. I have been trying to scream this from the mountaintops for about a year now and it isn't the same group of people who are fighting for the elderly the poor, kids and workers rights...they are the opposite ones.

edit on 7-9-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

What irks me about this thread and you in particular is that you could have come on and said "both parties are corrupt" and then gone on to give evidence of Republican corruption. What you have done is say to Democrats "circle the wagons" and to the Republicans "dig in because we're coming for you". How you can write any of what you've written with a straight face I don't understand but maybe you are laughing as you type it - I don't know. You result to name calling "slow learners" and "low information voter" but you are drenched in ignorance. Which party was in control of Congress when TARP was passed? Which parties have been in power during debt ceiling raises? How much was the debt raised since 2003 and then since 2007? You go and do some research and answer those questions honestly without pandering to one side or the other and then we'll talk. I have zero tolerance for people that want to play this Democrat v Republican game - rally the troops crap.

I never said anything about corruption -- This whole thing refers to an ideological strategy to seriously damage the government of the United States - I object to that.

TARP has been mostly paid back -- your point?

It is hard to find any non biased explanation for the debt increase. So I go to Politifact which is generally considered unbiased I know that politifact does not tend to scream or slaver but it is the best I could do on short notice. Im' good with with their analysis (way better than most of the stuff I ran across)

www.politifact.com...

"The report said the Bush tax cuts, wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and the 2009 stimulus are three of the five "most significant legislative drivers" of the debt, but also notes that "no single policy or piece of legislation, however, is overwhelmingly responsible" for the increase.

We also spoke with five experts from different Washington, D.C.-think tanks. The general consensus was that while Obama can’t be saddled with all of the growth in debt since taking office, he is responsible for some of the increase.

Michael Linden, director for tax and budget policy at the liberal Center for American Progress, argued that the debt attributable to Obama would be the amount accrued from legislation Obama signed, including: the stimulus package, extension of the Bush tax cuts -- though he notes that was a bipartisan deal -- and his budgets."

Not rallying the troops -- just sayin that for a while now is that I have been watching the results, the results have led me and many others to believe substantially what this guy is saying. It is like watching the cheese disappear from a trap and suspecting a mouse, then finally seeing the mouse and having you suspicions confirmed.

Cheers

BTW for the added fun
Gov. Christie
Speaking at a Koch enclave

motherjones.com...://motherjones.com/politics/2011/09/audio-chris-christie-koch-brothers-seminar
edit on 7-9-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Yes, the Dems have their problems and are attatched to the corporations as well....blah blah........but they do not hold a candle to the RIght. That is why you have people writing such articles and why people such as the OP know that we can blame both parties for doing a bad job, but only the Right is engaging in the extreme as we see it today.

I am sorry but in this politically charged climate, and with the President doing such a horrible job right now, it is very "politically incorrect" for you to notice or mention that.

I don't care if it is true.

Truth be damned!! There is a time and a place for it.

Can you spare us your derisive and divisive partisan observations?

People do not know when I am kidding them and so before you take offense...I am and this is not so much for your benefit but to mimic the kind of partisan discourse I see a lot of lately and do not understand how it is supposed to repair a broken system.

Too much "I AM RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG" and not nearly enough..."Lets get together and fix this serious problem."

The problem being: The LEFT are grossly irresponsible and ineffective watchdogs or care takers of the peoples rights and the RIGHT in trying to bend over backwards to appease the wealthiest and corporate leadership, end up outright swindling and deceiving the people into buying a bad bill of goods.

Beware the deceiver.
That is all I have to say.
You decide for yourself who that is.

edit on 7-9-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Thanks for the article, interesting that this is not surprised, while both parties are as corrupted as they can be, Republican party does have a higher record of favoritism to corporate American and the wealthy, all you have to do is look to whom most campaign funds goes too and come from.

Most people political parties affiliations are due to traditions or loyalty, they fail to do a littler research and see who their political party actually cater too.

The only way we the people can have our politicians working for is buying them out and compete with special interest.
because they do not work for pennies.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini
Answering Hoffa's War Cry eh?

Hoffa Threatens GOP At Obama Event: "Take These Son Of Bitches Out"
www.realclearpolitics.com...

Video Game Allows Players to Slaughter "Tea Party Zombies" Like Sarah Palin and Bill O'Reilly
mrctv.org...

LoL

Well, when you get shot in a video game, you can alway rely on your 2nd amendment remedies, can't you?

"The first thing we got to do is take Harry Reid out"

In the meantime:
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Poor little Teabagger!
Union Man was mean to you?
Did he use bad words?
But there is a thread for you to be all outraged, and frightened. In this one you are suppossed to shoot the messenger.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by narwahl

Then of course there's the video "game" that is the subject of this thread.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
reply to post by narwahl

Then of course there's the video "game" that is the subject of this thread.

Owwwwwwwww.....
somebody wants to shoot a zombiefied, pixelated, teabagger!
So meany,meany mean!

Of course, out in the real world, there are people with real guns
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I know your joking, and I agree!

reply to post by centurion1211

Since when were video games a political issue?

Does that mean we can't play angry birds or any "shoot the rabbit" games because it may be insensitive towards animal rights?

Does that mean we have to stop playing the Obama games that abound on the internet?

Who cares about a video game? I don't.....except I like to play them from time to time. No video game is going to change my political aspect. To assert that it is inappropriate shows your sensitivity.

I think all of the people complaining about this game need to grow a pair of balls and quit whining like little babies over VIDEO GAMES!
edit on 7-9-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join