It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"GOP Defector Spills the Beans" Ex GOP aide admits Republicans are much worst than Democrats

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
www.truth-out.org...

Barbara Stanwyck: "We're both rotten!"
Fred MacMurray: "Yeah - only you're a little more rotten." -"Double Indemnity" (1944)

This article from an ex GOP guy who finally couldn’t take it anymore and confesses the lunacy and moral bankruptcy of the GOP.

He correctly admits both mainstream parties are lackeys of the corporate elite who rule America like a fiefdom, but he specifies that the GOP is particularly evil and existentially worst even than the Democrats.

But both parties are not rotten in quite the same way. The Democrats have their share of machine politicians, careerists, corporate bagmen, egomaniacs and kooks. Nothing, however, quite matches the modern GOP.

I entreat people here on ATS to read all of this article, for it exposes and crystallizes the mentality of the GOP. From the recent debacle of the debt ceiling fight to various other machinations of the GOP the writer expresses his contempt for his past political party:

. . .but I could see as early as last November that the Republican Party would use the debt limit vote, an otherwise routine legislative procedure that has been used 87 times since the end of World War II, in order to concoct an entirely artificial fiscal crisis. Then, they would use that fiscal crisis to get what they wanted, by literally holding the US and global economies as hostages.

The debt ceiling extension is not the only example of this sort of political terrorism. Republicans were willing
to lay off 4,000 Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) employees, 70,000 private construction workers and let FAA safety inspectors work without pay, in fact, forcing them to pay for their own work-related travel - how prudent is that? - in order to strong arm some union-busting provisions into the FAA reauthorization”

I have always been an independent and only deal with issues and not labels. In-fact I admit I am a progressive on some economic domestic issues, but I agree 100 percent with Ron Paul on foreign issues, as well believe in the death penalty for murderers and am a firm supporter of the 2nd amendment and don’t support gun control (I believe people kill not guns) and although am not pro life don’t like abortion and I am conservative on drugs and crime, so I am not a partial democrat but support issues as they come, but it is clear that the GOP according to this guy has gone overboard and this country is in danger if they gain total power again, I believe.

So I am not a partisan, as I have got on Obama’s back as much as anyone, but it is clear now that the GOP has gone way over to the dark side.

www.truth-out.org...

As for what they really believe, the Republican Party of 2011 believes in three principal tenets I have laid out below. The rest of their platform one may safely dismiss as window dressing:

1. The GOP cares solely and exclusively about its rich contributors. The party has built a whole catechism on the protection and further enrichment of America's plutocracy.

2. They worship at the altar of Mars. While the me-too Democrats have set a horrible example of keeping up with the Joneses with respect to waging wars, they can never match GOP stalwarts such as John McCain or Lindsey Graham in their sheer, libidinous enthusiasm for invading other countries

3. Give me that old time religion. Pandering to fundamentalism is a full-time vocation in the GOP.

These 3 main beliefs of the GOP and much more, by this GOP ex-insider, are elaborated in-depth in the article

A couple more quotes from this article:

Having gutted private-sector pensions and health benefits as a result of their embrace of outsourcing, union busting and "shareholder value," the GOP now thinks it is only fair that public-sector workers give up their pensions and benefits, too. Hence the intensification of the GOP's decades-long campaign of scorn against government workers.

If you think Paul Ryan and his Ayn Rand-worshipping colleagues aren't after your Social Security and Medicare, I am here to disabuse you of your naiveté.[5] They will move heaven and earth to force through tax cuts that will so starve the government of revenue that they will be "forced" to make "hard choices" - and that doesn't mean repealing those very same tax cuts, it means cutting the benefits for which you worked.

check it out folks, very revealing:

www.truth-out.org...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Imo Ron Paul is the last republican that actually cares about this country. The rest only care about tax breaks for the wealthy and the corporations and undying support for nations overseas. They cry about the people who pay no taxes but never point out the reason they pay no taxes is because they are earning at or below poverty level. The GOP will not stop until they have destroyed the middle class and all that's left are the wealthy and the wage slaves called the poor.
edit on 6-9-2011 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Nice left-leaning website used as the source for the OP.

source

Check out the growing list of progressives that support Truthout's mission and work.

But you hate it when anyone quotes from Fox News, right?

Deny (the "H" word) ...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Sounds fairly par for the course... Pander to the wealthy, pander to the religious white, opps... I mean religious right. Nothing really earth shattering here. Still good to here about how bad the GOP really is. I'm not saying the Democrats are any better, but I feel like Democrats get ran over rough shot on this site and the GOP get a pass.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Answering Hoffa's War Cry eh?

Hoffa Threatens GOP At Obama Event: "Take These Son Of Bitches Out"
www.realclearpolitics.com...

Video Game Allows Players to Slaughter "Tea Party Zombies" Like Sarah Palin and Bill O'Reilly
mrctv.org...

LoL

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Frankly, there's nothing in this article I didn't already know. The Republican Party has been trying to bankrupt the government since Reagan was in office. Maybe even longer, I don't know.

By financially starving the government, they can force social programs to be cut. They say they are dong it for reduced government and more personal responsibility. That's a lie. Cutting social programs gives them more money to expand the military and homeland surveillance. Cutting social programs will make people more likely to turn on ( not to) one another for food and shelter. These are the terrorists we've been looking for. The real enemy is already amongst us.
edit on 6-9-2011 by N3k9Ni because: typo

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Nice left-leaning website used as the source for the OP.

source

Check out the growing list of progressives that support Truthout's mission and work.

But you hate it when anyone quotes from Fox News, right?

Deny (the "H" word) ...

What difference does it make -- do the research the guy is who he says he is and this is what he is saying -- this isn't Foxes favorite strawman - many people say -- or their other favorite guy - well informed source. It doesn't make a difference if it is Truthout Fox news or the lips of god. Here's the guy - he has a verifiable history and he makes a statement, that rings true with me. Just because he hasn't been blessed by and idiot, you might want to read what he says it is scary.

you want a different source -- take your choice You also might ask yourself why someone with this guys bona fide is being ignored by your friends at Fox fair and balanced.

www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a
edit on 6-9-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Another terrific book by an ex Republican is "Blinded by the Right" written by David Brock. He began writing conservative pieces in college and ended up writing speeches for the GOP and other neo-con interests. He finally gave up being the two-faced propagandist he had become and left the conservative forces and wrote his book.

Sure folks. He made some money for the book, and sure he now has a nice snug little position somewhere in the liberal community, and sure all the rest of the shortsighted rebuttals that can be come up with. But the inside information he reveals in the book is, well, very revealing. That is if one is willing to listen.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

At least the OP isn't using an anonymous blog that uses an anonymous "insider" as a source.

This source is head and shoulders above that garbage.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

I've known this for a awhile. If you are going to be manipulated there is a team doing it. There may be some people on the sidelines who are equally bad and maybe profiting off the confusion but if people are getting screwed it stands to reason someone is doing the screwing. They are organized and they are not going to let you see them but they will fall in line with one party more than any other because this is where their friends and allies are.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I read this article a few days ago, to anyone paying attention it was just stating the obvious...but if you take anything away from the article it should be these two paragraphs:

A couple of years ago, a Republican committee staff director told me candidly (and proudly) what the method was to all this obstruction and disruption. Should Republicans succeed in obstructing the Senate from doing its job, it would further lower Congress's generic favorability rating among the American people. By sabotaging the reputation of an institution of government, the party that is programmatically against government would come out the relative winner.

A point I've been trying to make since Obama took office:

...the Republican Party is becoming less and less like a traditional political party in a representative democracy and becoming more like...one of the intensely ideological authoritarian parties of 20th century Europe.

The pendulum of American politics is swinging hard to the right and a majority of the 2012 candidates are welcoming it with open arms if not trying to force it farther than it should be going.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

The Republican parties stated goal, at least from Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, is to do everything they can to make Obama look bad in the media and the public eye.

It is frustrating because they have a vested interest in keeping the economy down. If they can do whatever they can to make it worse they almost guarantee the GOP the presidency. They are playing political strategy at the expense of the American people and the economy.

There are plenty of true reasons to criticize Obama but I have seen nothing but lies and misinformation coming from the republican party in the past three years. They truly have it in for this president, even more so than Clinton, and it is costing us the progress that we desperately need.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Ok, so the insider was a GOP aide?

How does that in any way mean he knows anything bout the Dems.?

Sorry, this thread is garbage. To assert that one man knows all about an entire group of people, is just preposterous.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Oh boy, the propaganda is really being spewed out now. The left is going to say and do anything in order to distract from the horrible job they've done and all the hypocritical things they've done.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by emaildogs
Ok, so the insider was a GOP aide?

How does that in any way mean he knows anything bout the Dems.?

Sorry, this thread is garbage. To assert that one man knows all about an entire group of people, is just preposterous.

You didn't read the article?? Your entire statement is preposterous. There is a verifiable source who does have a long and verifiable history. Talking about Republicans.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gannicus
Oh boy, the propaganda is really being spewed out now. The left is going to say and do anything in order to distract from the horrible job they've done and all the hypocritical things they've done.

This was the right - not the left. What they guy is saying is what the left has felt for a long time just by observing the rights actions. Hey if you find nothing wrong with these tactics fine - step up take ownership be a proud republican. Just crawl out from under the rock.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Sounds pretty fishy sounds like a contrived story,democrats are not below making crap up ,sounds like another fake news story,I smell bull crap

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Did anyone except the koolaid drinkers think the Republicans politicians were actually honest moral god fearing individuals that actually cared about the average American and the country? Really, Republican politicians claiming the Democrats are horrible and corrupt corporate whores is like the pot calling the kettle black.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
How does one use a vote to not raise the debt ceiling as evidence of being the most evil party in the US? The Republicans, like many Americans of both parties, are not content with issuing blank checks any longer. While this practice may have gone on since WWII, look at our financial situation....perhaps it shouldn't have.

Further, since Republicans had a hand in prior debt ceiling increases, and this time opted to try and either stop it altogether or at the very least place a cap on how much further it can be raised, this is obviously a different approach than past Republican voting records, and therefore can not be lumped all together in a collective "see how they vote and see what they are doing" agenda.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

This is no more the "right's" perspective than the plants both parties put at the opposing parties' rallies. Remember the misprinted and racist placards at Tea Party rallies? Turned out to be people put there by the DNC.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join