It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milk in a green glass.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I would like to make an appeal to my fellow ATSers. I believe that one of the reasons that we joined ATS was that it was different from many of the other sites that deal with the numerous topics that we find interesting. At ATS you could not do the crash, burn and run post with impunity. No anonymous postings; we are held to a higher measure and at ATS it was expected that we would have a place to share, learn and communicate in a civil and respectful manner. As you surf around the threads you will notice that ATS is losing the battle on civility.

ATS covers a wide variety of topics and there is something here to fit the taste of everyone and if a thread does not exist addressing a subject that you wish to discuss, then you can make one. If you don’t find what you want you can create it.

I am suggesting that members that do not find a post to their liking to continue your search until you find one or make one of your own. We all have different taste and different ideas. No one will ever be able to please everyone every time. I am willing to bet that if Jesus appeared and attempted to speak to the masses there would be someone doubting and heckling him as well. Some people can’t help themselves. I don’t know if it is because of anhedonia, a misplaced sense of humor or sheer malice, that compels them to post negative, derisive, or hateful post.

The Moderators have a huge job having to scan over all of our posts in an attempt to cleanse the board of posts that infringe on the rules but they can’t catch them all. It is a shame that we need that kind of supervision and cannot be trusted to behave as mature adults. So my appeal is to those that feel the compulsion to trash someone’s post because you don’t like it, to leave peacefully and create your own or find one you do like. It is not difficult to be civil and respectful. I promise I will give you the same respect that I am asking of you.

This post was a simple post about an interaction that I had with my nephew that I chose to share, because I found it humorous and because it created a teaching moment for him and for me. It was not created to appeal to everyone and it won’t. If my post fell short of your expectations then it was not for you. This is ATS; what you are looking for is just a click away. Don’t tear down the building because you opened the wrong door; just try another one.

edit on 8-9-2011 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

2nd this!
And 2nd line.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

Thank you for this insightful and relevant post. You've done a service to us all by sharing your experience in such a precise and poetic way.

I believe (oops - there's that word again) ... that the way in which we choose to speak, speaks volumes about what we believe.

- it's good for you.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
We did a similar test at school where we were blindfolded and nose blocked. We were given a hard roundish thing to bite and tell what we tasted. I thought I had a apple other kids thought it was something else, but when I took off my blindfold I saw it was a onion. Not one kid picked it as a onion.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
My Always Fave of all time thread in this Board...Tanx to the Original Poster...with only a few words, so much were said between the lines. A Well deserved mandatory read, by the true-purists or by the non-theorists. Congrats from Lusitania, the other side of the Ocean

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

I have started to realize that most everything that we process in our mind we attempt to attribute a visual component.

Our mind's eye is extremely faulty and can actually create some very humorous concepts and images. I guess we have to be thankful for our ability to visualize that which we have never seen or are unable to see and that vision is not limited to that which is tangible.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeussusZ

I remember ages ago, when I was in school, doing a similar experiment. It included the placing of salty and sweet substances to different parts of the tongue and tasting substances while smelling different items. It really is amazing when you do these simple little experiments, how much what we taste is influenced by what we see, smell, feel and 'believe'.

Even though I know better intellectually, I can't eat okra for love or money. It probably tastes divine, but the visual does me in every time. It is the same way for me with pudding (any flavor), the consistency does me in. I can't stand the feel of it on my tongue. It actually make me gag. I know. I know. It is all in my head and it doesn't make sense but that just shows to go you.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AngelsDecay

Thank you for the nice post. I have only had the opportunity to peek in here off and on with my phone, but it is one way to keep connected to ATS. I have been in and out of the hospital for over two months and it looks like it will be another month before I will be able to put some of these visits on hold for a little while, so anything that puts a smile on my face is greatly appreciated right now.

Life is full of lessons. Every day there is something new to learn or a lesson is reinforced. I am learning to appreciate all that it has to offer. I just hope that I have the ability to recognize all the lessons that lie before me.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Hey...You're most welcome

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join