It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet ownership

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
In the future will an individual be able to own a planet? Because if that happened how would we handle the problem of slavery via ownership of all those who were or ended up there. Will population of other planets lead to slavery?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Who says that anyone has the right to own a planet in the first place? Personally I think a planet should be left to the beings who naturally evolved on it and that artificial boundaries such as these of the countries on Earth are a joke but who am I to judge..

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by s12345
In the future will an individual be able to own a planet? Because if that happened how would we handle the problem of slavery via ownership of all those who were or ended up there. Will population of other planets lead to slavery?
The thing that scares me is that people are really having these discussions out there in a serious way. ....and people wonder why Aliens might just shoot first and ask us what we think later if they ever make a public appearance.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by doomy
Who says that anyone has the right to own a planet in the first place? Personally I think a planet should be left to the beings who naturally evolved on it and that artificial boundaries such as these of the countries on Earth are a joke but who am I to judge..

Corporations in US "owns" "land" on moon.They even sold some parts....to who i dont know. And to be honest i dont know how they got to be owners of land on moon when moon doesnt belong to any country in particular. The worst i cant understand is WHO THE HECK BUYS LAND ON MOON?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by doomy

I agree with you but that didn't stop people here from charging and entrance fee to go to a park or beach.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I think first before we can ask that question we really should try and figure out how to get to said planets.

But on the topic at hand, it would all depend on the character of the owner, and the relationship the owner has with the populace of the planet.
edit on 6-9-2011 by Azdraik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
All I can say is:

I think we are already owned.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
In the future who knows what might happen, but currently space (and therefore planets) is covered by a UN treaty that states space is the "province of all mankind"...

The United Nations 1967 publication "Outer Space Treaty" states space is the "province of all mankind", and is not subject to claims on sovereignty by States.[2] As treaties apply to States and place obligations on States, and since the Space Treaties were drafted at a time when, realistically, the only "people" going into space were States, none of the space treaties make reference to private parties. The Outer Space Treaty of 1967 has currently been ratified by 98 states, including all the major space-faring nations.[3]

Source

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by John0Doe

I own some land on the moon. It is an individual that put the paperwork through the UN back in the 80's and not one country went against it. i have a picture on the lot and a deed.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by John0Doe

The guy has no rightful claim to what he is selling, but one is born every day.

A couple of Hawiian Islands are privately owned. If you have the resources and means to go out and claim, cultivate, and protect a planet as yours who's going to care?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Mods please remove... I posted a reply and realised I'd completely got the wrong end of the stick!
edit on 6/9/11 by Insomniac because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by John0Doe

Corporations in US "owns" "land" on moon.They even sold some parts....to who i dont know.

Originally posted by John0Doe
The worst i cant understand is WHO THE HECK BUYS LAND ON MOON?

People who think that corporations in the US OWN land on the moon

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

how do you equate planetary ownership to slavery ?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I think it could start as commercial space travel. Then commercial exploration. Then commercially owned planets. People perhaps go there for work: but with no laws they or their descendants find themselves slaves, as they do not have the means to go home. I wonder if there is really anything that could be done once it has gone too far. People won't care what s done to their assets on Earth: who needs money or corporations when you have a planet full of slaves.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by s12345

[COLOR=GOLD]
It depends on the intent of the care giver. Will the care giver look down on those they are caring for will they care giver get all power struck and feel like hey they are mine mine mine or WILL THE CARE TAKER JUST OBSERVE FROM THE BACKGROUND AND ASSIST THEM UNDER THE CAR GIVERS CARE WHEN THEY ASK /PRAY /DISCUSS.

It really depends on the care giver. The MOST HIGHEST IS THE CARE GIVER OF THIS LIL UNIVERSE AND I DONT SEE THE MAKING ME FEEL LIKE A SLAVE BUT SOME OF THE CREATIONS WITHIN IT DO GOTTA LOVE DISTANT FAMILY WHO FORGET THE ORIGINAL POUR

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******
NAMASTE
[/COLOR]

Good question. data transfer-------------A KING WILL WAR [COLOR=GOLD] "IF HE FEELS NEED TO" [/COLOR] WITH HIS SOLDIERS A QUEEN WILL FEEL THE VERY DISCOMFORTS OF THE KINGDOM IN WHICH SHE CAREGIVES/LOVES. NEITHER KING OR QUEEN SHALL FEEL OVER ANY AND WILL DO THEIR BEST TO BUILD A ENVIRONMENT THAT WILL MAKE ALL CARED FOR COMFORTABLE AND NOT LEFT FEELING LIKE OH WELL THEIR THE ELITES THEY DO WHAT THEY WANT AND MAKE RULES THEY BREAK YEAAAAAAA. ARE YOU UNDERSTANDING s12345

transmission shared...........................................

Sorta like the LAMB being KING of this universe but son of GOD. 3 dimensional representation of the MOST HIGHEST RETURNING TO ASSIST
edit on 9/7/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
If we star colonizing deep space the i dont see why individuals wouldnt own a planet. all the life sustaing planets would be taken by the microsoft cola space federation though. the only planet you could own would probably be a rock or an ice cube, and slavery shouldn't be a problem because im sure even in the distant future the government in charge of the human race would make a few laws regarding this.

you know disney planet is gonna be insane. they might even genetically modify a mouse to be 6ft tall.
and space mountain will still suck.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
You might get to own the planet. However, as soon as Monsanto get into terraforming, you will have to buy all flora and seeds from them in order to develop said planet.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Anybody..be it a corporation or a country who dreams of 'owning' the planets is a fool. Boy..we don't even own our own sh#t
. That is a fact.
edit on 8-9-2011 by radkrish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I think control of another planet is going to come down to a first-come, first-serve basis. It's a bit like a land rush. Whoever can get there first and claim territory is going to have control of it.

Given that planets take a lot of time and resources to reach, I don't think anyone is going to be in a position to dispute such land claims.

The moon, for example. The Chinese could pool their resources, launch a crew, land anywhere and start mining. Nobody could stop them even if the land were claimed by some corporation in the US. The most they could do is sue. And probably lose considering that it is an extraterrestrial body outside of the jurisdiction of any court.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

If you can figure out a way to own a planet, somebody else will figure out a way for you to have to pay property taxes for it.

I can only imagine what the taxes on a planet would be. Something astronomical I suppose!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join