It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The People In This World Are Breaking My Heart...

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
There was a thread opened today about a person who had recently lost their mother and all im going to say is that a few of the replies to this thread were way less then consoling and were borederline cruel. I understand that in the world we are living in most people are all about themselves..their money, their time, their own family so forth and so on. But is it really nessicary to be cold to people who are in extreme emotional pain? I mean my god what are people thinking? I dont think it should matter if you dont know them personally it is human to bestow love and comfort on these people. Would you not want to be treated the same way. its called RESPECT! It Doesnt matter if they post it on a conspiracy website ,psychic website, or the church of satan website ( i know thats extreme, but i said it to make a point) if a person is obviously in need of consoling then we should console not beat them while they are already down.

People think the economy is in bad shape(and it is) but you know what im starting to think is in worse condition? OUR SPIRIT, our heart and our intentions. People are so fridgid! It makes me want to just cry out to god. If people arent even willing to lend emotional support or kind words then where the he** are we going? What kind of world are we going to be living in? NWO? yes you bet. But the government has no rule over how much love you give or dont give. They Dont control our heart. SO STOP SHUTTING IT DOWN AND OPEN IT BACK UP AND LOVE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN. MAKE YOURSELF VAUNERABLE. GIVING IS MUCH MORE REWARDING THEN RECEIVING.

I Dont really mean for this to be a rant its more of a plea. After i saw what i did today it just broke my heart. We all expirence death yes, but it doesnt mean we leave the ones expirencing it now to themselves to ultimately become bitter and isolated. Extend your heart out lend an ear and BE KIND to one another!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Hey
Chin up! I am absolutely on your wave length here! Staying positive throughout life is a must and staying positive means not causing misery or pain on anyone else. If you follow these simple rules you'll stay positive and influence everyone around you;
1 - Live and let live.
2 - Bad things happen for a reason and generally for the greater good.
3 - We are all equal no matter of skin colour and religion etc.
4 - You can't stop bad things happening some times, but certainly don't contribute to them!

Keep smiling and understand yours, mine or anyone elses action influence others!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Unfortunately people Troll public forums in order to get some kind of kick.

My only assumption is that they really don't have much going for them in their own lives so they jump onto someone elses misfortune in order to make themselves feel better.

Whilst I agree with your sentiments, alas this will always continue, it's the sick and ugly side of human nature. Thankfully it only effects a very small minority.

I think it's the moderators job to remove such posts, if you come across such things alert a moderator.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kostas

you know if i could hug you through the screen i would! thank you i needed that

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

The thing about human nature, is that it is not set in stone... People can change!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SpreadLoveNotHate

But some people can't. Once we accept that some people are just plain evil then we can move on.

We can spot what they are trying to do and if you ignore them, you usually find they go away.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

God has control. and i dont care if they atheist dont like that comment. god can and has conquered evil. and we are all made in gods image which means we are also made of love and we can have that effect on evil as well. only thing that conqueres evil is LOVE. if we ignore the evil it will just continue to be evil.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kostas

Well said, Kostas

Not much I can add here. Good on you, sir.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by concerned24

God bless you for this thread! It is unfortunate how others can be so unfeeling...
All I can say is this world would be a lot better place if we had more people just like you with a caring , loving heart for others!

Yes, have compassion , folks!

Preach on , Sista..

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Thank you for starting this thread - I responded to the same thread - and saw the postings you are referring to. One actually left me - stunned. Don't really know what else to say.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Reminds me of the scene in Robin Hood when the question is asked "have you no heart" and he replies "NO HEART" and he really doesn't care. The character he portrayed really displayed No Heart.
I looked the thread up you speak of and I posted on it. I am dismayed at the callousness of people, and sometimes I read things here that put ATS to shame. I did notice in my mail they are doing something about the personal attacks on the 911 forum. Maybe they will move ahead to a few others and look a little more closely.
Good post: Star and flag

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I have heard many say that our hearts are what elevate us above (what some consider) common animals. Yet, compassion seems to be the least expressed outreach of our hearts. Perhaps we have become too desensitized by all the ads that tug at our heart strings about homeless and hungry children that we can feed for the price of a cup of coffee; Perhaps we want to indulge our own sense of individual reality that anything not directly affecting us is shut out in a blind fugue; Or perhaps we just have learned to stop caring.

There are many that do care. The true and sensitive seem to be over run by the more powerful and hurtful words. No matter how much we wish it, or want it, or try to dream it into existence a world based upon our human capacity to care for each other is second to a world based upon our desire for self.... Kostas seems to have a great perspective. One that every one would benefit from.

A word is the most powerful weapon known to man. It can cause war. It can save nations. It can enslave hearts. It can ease burdens. Yet it is the hardest thing to master.

I regret that things like this happen. That many suffer and others fail with their words, or even worse as in this case, abuse their words, is a tragedy. The only thing of worth or value is how YOU take it from the point of injury. You can never control what another says. You can control how you let it affect you. Even better is that you can do things on your own to make amends to those that you witness are so injured...and try to not injure in kind.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Frankly I am appalled 95% of the time on this site because of so many heartless people hiding behind their computer. It seems some were either not raised with manners or they really do not care to be so mean to others.

It breaks my heart too....((((HUGS))))

I do believe we live in a type of circle, meaning what comes around will most assuredly go around. I do not wish harm on others but if you put out negative....know it will come back and bite ya in the buttocks!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
things used to be a lot worse we are lucky we have only the problems of our day to deal with. Same people different clothes.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by concerned24
But is it really nessicary to be cold to people who are in extreme emotional pain?

I would rather ask: Is it really necessary for people to write on an forum about their dead family member?
I mean, if my mother died, the last thing i would do is go on the Internet and write about it in some forum. In fact, when my brother died 4 years ago i didn't even touch the computer for 4 days because my mind was somewhere else and i spent the time with the rest of my family
I think it's kinda sick to shout into the world "Yeah a family member died, please all cry for me". What's next? Make it breaking news on Twitter? Propably already happened. I don't know why people would do this.

Besides, one can never be sure, if such a story is true. I was on enough message boards and had quite a few experiences with people faking their death or telling such a story just to get emotions from people and be the center of attention for 5 minutes. I remember the one time at Retrojunk where some guy faked his death and then pretended to be his father writing about it. It was completely sick and disgusting.
It's hard to believe anyone after such stories or the million of 'i was abducted' 'alien' 'ghost' and other hoax stories you see here every day.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Kindness is a strength.....and I would like to see more of it on ATS. I joined at the end of April of this year....and yes there are many good people on here...but I was not expecting the level of cruelty I have observed (at times) on ATS.

I am not talking about healthy debating sessions....or people that agree to disagree.... politely sticking up for yourself.... or the occasional sarcasm.

I have observed viciousness...and it was done on purpose.....and when I read their cruelty...I think to myself....(I am glad I am not them...how they must hate themselves).

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

This is a conspiracy forum but it seems to be mainly older mainstream type people here plus the trolls as someone else said . So that makes it a dual response for people looking for sympathy . All the good mainstream folk will give condolances and the trolls will pounce and the annoyed members who come here for conspiracies will show that annoyance at the banality here .

new topics

top topics

join