It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human ancestors interbred with related species

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Human ancestors interbred with related species

www.nature.com

Our ancestors bred with other species in the Homo genus, according to a study published today in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences1. The authors say that up to 2% of the genomes of some modern African populations may originally come from a closely related species...

Hammer and his colleagues argue that roughly 2% of the genetic material found in these modern African populations was inserted into the human genome some 35,000 years ago.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
www.nature.com

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Rougly 2% of genetic material inserted into our DNA about 35,000 years ago? Is this Mitochondrial DNA? or is it the numerous Alu repeats (insertion sequences) that are now known to affect gene function and have been implicated in various diseases?

what most people are not aware is this research published in 2010 (Source 1) that also shows that Alu sequences are highly active during brain formation and thus could be crucial for intellgence

RNA editing occurs in human RNA in thousands of different sites. Some of the sites are located in protein-coding regions but the majority is found in non-coding regions, such as 3′UTRs, 5′UTRs and introns - mainly in Alu elements.

While editing is found in all tissues, the highest levels of editing are found in the brain. It was shown that editing levels within protein-coding regions are increased during embryogenesis and after birth and that RNA editing is crucial for organism viability as well as for normal development

What you must know is that Alu sequences are found only in primates and not in any other mammal. Coincidence? mtDNA is about 16.3kilo bases and is less than 10e(-15) % of the human genome, so the inserted genetic element cannot be mtDNA.

The question that begs to be asked is who are our ancestors...

www.nature.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6-9-2011 by LiveEquation because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveEquation

Rougly 2% of genetic material inserted into our DNA about 35,000 years ago?

Hmmm. Where did it come from? Who are our ancestors?

On the other hand - this info deflects attention from the fact that "modern" technology and industrial processes create prions, and prions override DNA coding.

I wonder.

S&F&
Good find.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
There is also another paper found at LINK that that asks pretty good questions about Alu repeats

-Do these data reveal the signature of a relatively recent, and largely complete, replacement of multiregional archaic populations by the descendants of an original early modern population, consistent with the Noah’s Ark or recent African origin hypothesis?
**For the entire data set of over 55 kb we see no evidence for an allele of ancient divergence.

Then again I ask, who are our ancestors if primates have a common ancestor that is related to us?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Human genetics just don't add up, it does make you think option A: we were put here or option B: Aliens or something. And they're still trying to pass evolution off as fact too.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Hmmm. Where did it come from? Who are our ancestors?

On the other hand - this info deflects attention from the fact that "modern" technology and industrial processes create prions, and prions override DNA coding.

I wonder.

S&F&
Good find.

Yes it is true that prions in certain cases are infectious agents but its not always true.

I just think it is weird that primates are the only mammals with these Alu type transposable elements. So who ever our ancestor is, they should have these Alu sequences. If i were an alien fanatic and conspiracy theorist i would say that Reptiles have the SINE part of the Alu sequences, but then again i would be just sauteing this post. There is a lot of biology and history out there that hasn't been connected yet but we are getting there

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Well this evidence may suggest that if we evolved into homo sapiens then it happened through interbredding with a very close relative that can no longer be found on earth. Maybe those various Species are extinct?
m,

Hammer says this disproves the conventional view that we are descended from a single population that arose in Africa and replaced all other Homo species without interbreeding. "We need to modify the standard model of human origins," he says.

Geneticist Sarah Tishkoff, who studies population genetics and human evolution at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, is more cautious. "This raises the possibility that there may have been ancient admixture with archaic populations," she says

Source

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveEquation
reply to post by Heartisblack

Well this evidence may suggest that if we evolved into homo sapiens then it happened through interbredding with a very close relative that can no longer be found on earth. Maybe those various Species are extinct?
m,

Hammer says this disproves the conventional view that we are descended from a single population that arose in Africa and replaced all other Homo species without interbreeding. "We need to modify the standard model of human origins," he says.

Geneticist Sarah Tishkoff, who studies population genetics and human evolution at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, is more cautious. "This raises the possibility that there may have been ancient admixture with archaic populations," she says

Source

But the point with the thesis of evolution is, nobody ever finds anything, no bones, no teeth. That is a huge problem, even religion has points where it fills in the evolution gap. I

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Yes it is true that prions in certain cases are infectious agents but its not always true.

Hate to break it to you but our world is chock full of infectious prions - looks like they're the primary drivers of infection and evolution. Of course the politically correct term is now "misfolded protein."

I just think it is weird that primates are the only mammals with these Alu type transposable elements.

Very weird. Downright odd.

So who ever our ancestor is, they should have these Alu sequences. If i were an alien fanatic and conspiracy theorist i would say that Reptiles have the SINE part of the Alu sequences, but then again i would be just sauteing this post.

Forget saute. I'm going for flambe and betting on the Grays.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Here is another interesting article on that same subject.

It is now widely accepted that the species Homo sapiens originated in Africa and eventually spread throughout the world. But did those early humans interbreed with more ancestral forms of the genus Homo, for example Homo erectus, the "upright walking man," Homo habilis, – the "tool-using man" or Homo neanderthalensis, the first artists of cave-painting fame?

www.physorg.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Who ever our ancestors were you can bet that if they were of a lower breed they either looked fine or our more advanced ancestors more were really drunk. How much do these scientist account for the truth that ugly chicks and drunkenness are a part of evolution? What part does alcohol play in natural selection is not addressed in most papers on the subject.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
That is an awesome article. And the plot thickens...
Source

This fact, in conjunction with the absence of any related mtDNA sequences in currently living humans or in a small number of early modern human fossils strongly suggests that Neanderthals contributed no mtDNA to present-day humans. On the basis of various population models, it has been estimated that a maximal overall genetic contribution of Neanderthals to the contemporary human gene pool is between 25% and 0.1%

Apparently, neanderthal homonoid is not an ancestor of the humans via Mitochondrial DNA sequence analysis and phylogenetic analysis.

Picture Source

The above picture just shows that the variation that exist between Neanderthal mtDNA and Homo sapien mtDNA is too great for the neanderthal man to be considered an ancestor of Homo sapien. Further sequence analysis using led to the results below depicted as phylogeny.

Picture Source

Again as we can see, Neanderthal man and Homo sapiens diverged from a common ancestor. Who is this common ancestor?

The other question to ask is why paternal mtDNA between Neanderthals and Homo sapiens so different? Could they have been from the same mother really? Where do Homo sapiens come from?

** (inherited mtDNA is only from the mother by the way if i recall correctly)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
2%

That is an incredible variation. Aren't mice less than one percent different than humans? I've heard this mentioned in the past and I believe the speaker on the topic also suggested that it would have to be a radically different ancestor that can still somehow breed with a human.

Incredible.

Must be something waiting to be discovered about our past. Seems like the Report from Iron Mountain and the Project Blue Beam predictions are both 50% fulfilled.

Strange times we live in. I tossed both aside when I initially read them. Will have to take another look.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry
Must be something waiting to be discovered about our past. Seems like the Report from Iron Mountain and the Project Blue Beam predictions are both 50% fulfilled.

Strange times we live in. I tossed both aside when I initially read them. Will have to take another look.

I am curious, what are the Iron Mountain and Project Blue Beam predictions that have been fulfilled? You can just point a direction for me

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The Report From Iron Mountain : en.wikipedia.org...
The Report was supposedly comissioned by the US Government to decide the best course of action to effectively hold power in a time of peace. It was deemed impossible, unless there were other outside threats that could simulate war, and some substitutes were brainstormed. A brief description of the findings of the report:

The heavily footnoted report concluded that peace was not in the interest of a stable society, that even if lasting peace "could be achieved, it would almost certainly not be in the best interests of society to achieve it." War was a part of the economy. Therefore, it was necessary to conceive a state of war for a stable economy. The government, the group theorized, would not exist without war, and nation states existed in order to wage war. War also served a vital function of diverting collective aggression. They recommended that bodies be created to emulate the economic functions of war. They also recommended "blood games" and that the government create alternative foes that would scare the people with reports of alien life-forms and out-of-control pollution. Another proposal was the reinstitution of slavery.

Google Video Link

To learn a little more, here is a documentary detailing most of the information. The report itself is not a hard read, and it is mind blowing in the context of the present world stage. I highly reccomend it.

Project Blue Beam : rationalwiki.org...

PBB (as it is often abbreviated) is a conspiracy theory that aims to expose a US Government cover up, namely through the military and NASA, to create a 3D holographic projection with sound beamed directly into the heads of every person on earth simultaneously. Why would this be necessary, you ask? Because every major religion's savior (Jesus, Mohammed, Bhudda ect..) would inform them that their religions are all flawed and based off of a new, one world religion. Of course, no one would accept this readily, so it would have to be convincing. Many believe chemtrails are setting up the "screen" for which these holograms will be projected. Some recent theories go as far as to say this is the reason the ISS (International Space Station) is being 'taken' off-line. In order to set the precedent for these holograms and visions, new and strange artifacts will emerge to rewrite the history of the human race, more than likely tracing it to ET ancestors. If you've watched the new theories on the Pyramid being a nuclear reactor, a golden library underneath, the fact that some of the pyramids were built when man was still painting in caves, and of course the Ancient Astronaut theory that is being peddled by the History Channel (ie - Disney, or "TPTB" if you want to call them that.).

Here is one of the better, and more to the point, documentaries about PBB. There are others, but this is basically the nitty gritty, and without all the silly accountrements.

I hope that you enjoy the information, and let me know what you think.

If you need any more revelations about our evolving history, check out "The Pyramid Code" series, most of the Ancient Aliens series dealing with the pyramids, or just research interesting facts. Here's one:

If the Great Pyramid at Giza was built in 22 years, that would mean that a multi ton stone would have to be quarried, moved two miles up the ramps around the pyramid (not including moving it from the quarry) and set in place perfectly every 9 seconds.
edit on 2011/9/6 by sbctinfantry because: Video Fixed

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

Well i cannot understand why one would think that government is a bad thing. Truth is without government, its peoples will just be easy prey. If the native Indians had government (with a national security body) at the time the Europeans moved here, do you think America as it is today would exist? The same argument is true, that people not united are easy prey. We need governments or regulatory bodies.

Yes War is a bad thing and is it not necessary to convince anyone that United we stand, divided we fall. If the world had not united to oppose Hitler, I wonder what kind of a world we would live in under the Aryan race.

As to the conspiracy theory that Nasa would create a holographic 3D world that can affect how we view DNA is just just borderline insanity. People's interaction alone would complicate whatever outcome these "shadow" groups want. The conspiracy theorists are probably some religious fanatics who find it hard to believe evidence of the origins of man. Sequencing DNA is not a holographic mind trick, it is real and what has been discovered thus far is negating whatever was said about gods who created us.

That's what i think anyway.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Rougly 2% of genetic material inserted into our DNA about 35,000 years ago? Is this Mitochondrial DNA? or is it the numerous Alu repeats (insertion sequences) that are now known to affect gene function and have been implicated in various diseases?

It could be the element that some believe was inserted by aliens.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Yip, something we cant explain must be aliens, such is the way of things. The world was once flat, then aliens made it round for us to avoid confusion. Sounds good to me!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I think it is rather strange that many people here on ATS do not appreciate the significance of these findings. Either people here (especially ancient alien/visitors proponents) do not know Biology or the implications are not obvious to them.

I thought about doing an indepth analysis of the topic of Alu repeats and how they affect antibodies (blood types), intelligence, and stem cell differentiation. But i thought starting with the news post would attract people to engage in this controversial research area...

Let me refresh your mind again....

- There is no evidence that supports that Homo sapiens(man) descended from neanderthals.

- Alu repeats are found only in primates

- The source of the RNA required to generate the Alu sequences is unknown, in other words it has not been found (yet)

-Alu sequences can act as promoters for genes and activate dormant genes ( Does our brain really have a lot junk dna? Are we really capable of using more than 10% of our brain power?). What if someone who knew all your dormant genes and also understood what they did could correctly place these insertion sequences in promoter areas to activate those inactive genes?) And is it a coincidence that about 10% of our DNA are Alu insertion sequences?

- Also these Alu repeats have been appearing close to genes responsible for antigens that make up different blood types...Research Article

Previously, the genomic DNA sequencing analysis using buffy coat DNA from healthy donors of blood group genotype A/A,B/B, O/O, and individuals of A phenotype indicated neither nucleotide substitutions nor deletions in the ABO promoter sequence between -117 and +31.3 The genomic nucleotide sequences around the 5' upstream region of the ABO genes and a recent genetic population study demonstrated that both B and O alleles are linked up with presence of four tandem copies of a 43-bp repeat unit located 3.8 kb upstream from the transcription start site and a 35-bp insertion located immediately 3' to the proximal Alu repeat

-Should we be surprised at all to find these insertion sequences by the B and O bloodtype Allelles? Could this explain the blood type O rhesus negative or RD?

I dare someone to show me ( for fun and intellectual purposes) how Alu insertion sequences could actually affect whether a person is Rh+ or Rh-

I will give a link to point you in the right direction...Research Article on Rh factor

edit on 7-9-2011 by LiveEquation because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
While you may think that your lack of stars and flags, or replies are indicitive of ignorance...

I assure you, the only reason your thread has not taken off is because much of this is already known or assumed. So, please continue to post information, and when a poster thinks it is relevant to respon, they will.

Most people only give kudos when you present evidence and provide new insight. What does that mean to you?

Simply posting an article in quotes, adding some bullets, and posing a rhetorical question isn't going to teach anyone, that doesn't already know the topic, anything.

Just saying, maybe you should gear toward teaching instead of stating or asking the blind what they see in the data?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join