It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangerous gaps remain in nation’s bioterrorism preparedness, report says; False flag incoming?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
So, the 10 year anniversary of 9/11 is coming up, the political system is in shambles with people pissed at both Democrats and Republicans, the economy isn't looking very good, the list goes on and on. All of this has me thinking, like many others, over whether a false flag terrorist attack is a possibility. I hate to be the conspiracy guy who always sees things, but the timing of all this talk just seems too convenient. It wasn't talked about much last year, so why all of a sudden? I know the anniversary, but still, it just seems odd, especially with that movie Contagion coming out.

Well, I found this report from the Washington Post on how unprepared the US is for a "bio-terror" attack. Yes, they used those words.

A decade after envelopes containing anthrax terrorized the nation and alerted officials to the need to protect against bioterrorism, significant gaps remain in the nation’s capacity to respond to a bioterrorism attack, according to an analysis released Thursday.

Thirty-three states have cut funding for public health, with 18 of those states cutting funding for two years in a row. Local public health departments have cut about 29,000 jobs, representing 19 percent of their public health workforce. Nationally, federal support for public health preparedness has been cut by 37 percent.

“Currently, there is an additional new threat to preparedness — the current economic climate and budget cuts at the federal, state and local level mean that the progress made over the past decade could be lost,” the 92-page report concludes. “Until public health emergency preparedness receives sufficient and sustained funding, Americans will continue to be needlessly at risk for a range of public health threats.”

Among the areas of concern are:

-The United States has 50,000 fewer public health workers than it did 20 years ago and one-third of public health workers will be eligible to retire within five years.

-The ability of the medical system for care for a “massive influx of patients remains one of the most serious challenges for emergency preparedness.”

-The nation still lacks an “integrated, national approach” to monitoring disease outbreaks, “which would dramatically improve response capabilities ranging from a bioterrorism attack to catastrophic disasters to contamination of the food supply.”

-The capacity to produce tests, antiviral medication and vaccines remains outdated.

Source

Wonderful...

Also, on CNN, they just had a piece on this (and yes, clips of Contagion are in the piece):

So what do you all think? Could a "terrorist" attack possibly be incoming?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I think they just want everyone to take their chemical cocktail injections

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

People who think that the government can protect them against everything are deluded. (Not saying you are).

A Chem or Bio attack is technically easy, but the logistics of it are a bear. Especially if you are looking for a large casualty rate. But even just one successful attack in a small area would have a large financial effect.

People wouldn’t travel as much, spend as much, with exception of everyone running to the stores to stock up so they can hunker down…a bone headed move if there ever was one, especially in a Bio scenario.

I believe in order for a successful attack to occur, they would have to make the product here, prior to releasing it. But then again, logistics rears its ugly head.

I wouldn’t discount it though, enough money in the right places can always grease the skids, ya know?

edit on 6-9-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

People wouldn’t travel as much, spend as much, with exception of everyone running to the stores to stock up so they can hunker down…a bone headed move if there ever was one, especially in a Bio scenario.

Got that right. Remember the DC sniper locking everything down? Imagine if there were two bio attacks in two large cities. There wouldn't even need to be casualties IMO. People would be terrified and it could wreak havoc on our already failing economy.

top topics

join