It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Screw Bank of America...Holding my own money & you should too!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I wrote a post before and see its only been similar as my Bank is bad.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have recently been a victim of check fraud in this banking system by individuals in government paid positions and one works for the IRS taxes division.

My bank, Bank of America, can only get me half the copies of the fraud checks
and the rest they don't know, but are telling me that I owe them 500. As this is someone paid by the government I am scared to go to court and my bank keeps pushing me away when I always help my bank out Like I enter the wrong amount when I deposit my check so they keep change. I appreciate them holding my money. But now they told me that they can help
me by closing the account and having a collection agency get my information, and the
next 7 years not be able to go to any bank and it will affect my credit.

That treatment doesn't suit well with me and they have charged alot helping me go lower in debt.
I believe in investing in gold. I would recomend it as I dont want to be alone. But it turns out
when you need something done thats personal its better to handle it on ure own. No Middle Man Money
but trade sugar for honey. Why cant trade hit our conscious minds. just one little thought of gratitude
towards a fellow human..
I came from a middle class family but it looks like for the next 7 years I will be a low
class working American no thanks to the way the system is set-up. Whats funny is I used to not
complain but now am getting a perspective on freedom.I cant just change my life and move to
India for a while like I want to. I need to check in with customs because I am a citezen
or property of the United States because the moment I was born they issued me a number that I
would consider getting tattood on my arm. Social Security ma Nurity, now tell me WHERE is the coNpIRaCY??...skinEbonics for u nonics.
Go catch a Reiki session while im spotlit...peace

edit on 6-9-2011 by SKIN-E because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 9/6/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
we can fight back against this system, stop using their money and banks. Gold is a great alternative but don't put all your eggs in one basket. If we end up in a really bad depression you won't be able to eat gold. Seeds at one point in history were actually worth more than gold. imagine basic everyday items like toilet paper becoming really expensive hard to find

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SKIN-E

I kicked BoA to the curb back in 2003. I had a Government travel card that I was forced to have and I was screwed by them and it took almost a year to set it right. Never used a BoA card or CitiBank card as well since.

Ther's a saying. Cash is King! Or is it now gold?

I'm investing in brass and lead.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
True people need to learn to garden. I built a green house a couple weeks ago and see it can fit in anyones backyard and looks good. Energy conservation. Imagine if we all had solar panels and an earthquake hit no power. My house will have electricity for days and days!!!!!!! Were not thinking right. I heard somewhere that your body wants death but the mind doesnt. LOL!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Like I enter the wrong amount when I deposit my check so they keep change.

Says it all really. Good luck in reaching an adult frame of mind.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyancat
we can fight back against this system, stop using their money and banks. Gold is a great alternative but don't put all your eggs in one basket. If we end up in a really bad depression you won't be able to eat gold. Seeds at one point in history were actually worth more than gold. imagine basic everyday items like toilet paper becoming really expensive hard to find

Gold is not a great alternative. There is a very limited supply which is why we switched away from it in the first place. There is not enough gold to support the system we have now....

Besides, the gold prices WILL fall... and hard.... It's called a bubble.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

What would you suggest to invest?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

Thats what Im trying to avoid. The "normal" avarage conditioned adult who is stuck on material and physical ditractions. Hope you gain a better perspective

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SKIN-E

I have recently been a victim of check fraud in this banking system by individuals in government paid positions and one works for the IRS taxes division.

You need to elaborate on that. What happened IRS figure out you cheated them on taxes and put a lien against your account?

I always help my bank out Like I enter the wrong amount when I deposit my check so they keep change.

Why in the hell would you do this? The bank won't do it for you.

But now they told me that they can help me by closing the account and having a collection agency get my information, and the next 7 years not be able to go to any bank and it will affect my credit.

Sometimes you get screwed and the best thing to do is just pay the bill. Not paying that $500 is going to stick with you a long time.

I believe in investing in gold.

If you can't afford a $500 fee (or whatever this is) you certainly don't have the money to invest in gold. Bubble is about to pop anyway.

Is this just an excuse to post your 'music' an get hits on the youtube channel?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SKIN-E

Bank of America is being sued by many people in several states for withholding federal bailout money and they are being sued by the Feds too.

Be glad to be rid of them! By the way don't go to Chase...they are being sued too.

I hope things get better for you.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
IRS can freeze your bank account and take money from it. But you can close your account owing charges (like overdrafts) and it will go to a collection agency, yes, but you can still open another account at another bank. They'll just not give you overdraft fees and tell you that you have to maintain a balance of at least 1 dollar or they close the acc.

Gotta pay the taxman.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SKIN-E

SKIN-E i've seen so many threads on so many different sites where good folks tell B of A horror stories on the 'net for the past 3 years it makes me wonder why & how they have as many Personal accounts as they do.

and those threads are usually full of other peoples tales of terror re: B of A as well. just, holy crap!

the only nice things I see people write of Banksters is a few Credit Unions, and military people who use some bank that is just for them (sorry, can't remember the name). from what i know you have to be in a specific group to use a Credit Union, I think they are not open to the general public.

seems like it's all part of The Big Game: if you aren't born rich (hello! most of us!) you are cursed from jump to play their Game. and the further down the totem pole of life you go, the more dirt you eat. these check cashing centers in poverty stricken neighborhoods? that is sickening. people that bring home very little pay have to pay someone to cash their check? it blows my mind that is legal and that this exists.

SKIN-E you are on the right track though: Keep reading the archived Survival threads and become self-sustaining. this past year I failed miserable trying to grow foods. i don't care. i learned some things, and i will KEEP ON KEEPIN' ON until i'm a damn farmer! yes i will brother.

i hope you see your way past your banking woes. meanwhile i'll tuck what lil ded presidents i can accumulate away in my stash box and i'll keep trying to grow some veggies. we'll get there, you'll see. better days are coming.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKIN-E
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

What would I suggest? figure out what Warren Buffet is investing him and them copy the hell out of him

I figure he knows what he is doing better than I do.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I dont want to say to much but she works for the taxing department and reports to the IRS. Its personal between all of us and thats why I am scared to take it to take it to higher grounds. I dont want to be audited...I live an alternative lifestyle.

They have a keep the change program as im a student taking child developement as my major. They have been nice and I like to show proof that I am too.

See I like where I live and since I live by bare minimum I really want to stay and not be kicked out. Im broke. BUT I AM HAPPY!

ANd yes I posted to advertise my music as everything has multiple reasons behind it. Glad you noticed! I dont want to be famous I just want to get by. Music is a hobby and expressor and appreciate people knowing what kinda person theyr hearing from. A sensitive

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
BOA sucks. Maybe you can try a small independant bank ? Those are usually more staffed with bankers that give more attention to detail.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SKIN-E

I dont want to say to much but she works for the taxing department and reports to the IRS. Its personal between all of us and thats why I am scared to take it to take it to higher grounds. I dont want to be audited...I live an alternative lifestyle.

Understood but it would be easier to offer advice if I knew.

They have a keep the change program as im a student taking child developement as my major. They have been nice and I like to show proof that I am too.

COMPLETELY misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you were implying that you were giving them more money than on the deposit slip. Phwew.

See I like where I live and since I live by bare minimum I really want to stay and not be kicked out. Im broke. BUT I AM HAPPY!

As long as you're happy I'm all for it!

How much ya got and what are you investing for? If investing for a SHTF scenario, invest in food stores. If investing for the future a ROTH IRA is a great thing to put money in. It's not going to be easy to get to, but is a very good place to start investing. I'm 26 and put in the maximum 7k every year. When you're ready to retire you'll be a very happy camper. It really depends on how much you can actually put away.

ANd yes I posted to advertise my music as everything has multiple reasons behind it. Glad you noticed! I dont want to be famous I just want to get by. Music is a hobby and expressor and appreciate people knowing what kinda person theyr hearing from. A sensitive

Fair enough.

Edit to add: I hate BoA too.
edit on 6-9-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

Whhhaaaaaa Im sorry to hea that. My parents had me garden growing up and its such a great thing. Imagine if you had a well to go with it. all this good water under cities now contaminated due to our excess of toxins. Do you agree with this? Ive been taking go green classes at my job and we are Some careless beings. Cigerette butts are a huge reason why toxins are in the ground. Thats why the day I started Ive always pocketed them or thrown them away. Earth Karma

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

What would you suggest. I am not liking the idea of banks and want to get a safe and a stashspot...immature maybe but safe is all I know

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent

Like I enter the wrong amount when I deposit my check so they keep change.

Says it all really. Good luck in reaching an adult frame of mind.

A mature mind would realize it is their responsibility to teach younger people, to lead by example. Surely you have much more to offer than snide remarks?

"No man is so tall as when he stoops to help a child" - Abraham Lincoln

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I stopped putting my money in banks over 15 years ago and not once have I regretted my decision to do so. It is all one big scam to start with.

If I told you I would hold your money, but while I held it I would use it to invest in other things and make money for myself and not give you a cut. How would you feel about that? I wouldn't like it myself, after all you are using my money to finance your interest. Thyis is exactly what banks do and people accept it.

Not only will I use your money to make money, but then I will charge you anytime you want to access your money. ATM? I charge you. Write a check? I charge you. Need checks? Well you got to pay for them. Does this sound like a fair deal to you? It does not to me, and yet this is exactly what banks do.

Sorry no banks for me. I live within my means and no one has a hand out in finding creative ways to rob me. I got news for people, you don't need banks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join