It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney unveils jobs plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

# NEW: The Romney plan will create 11 million jobs in the first four years, he claims

source

He promised to bring the corporate tax rate down from the current level of 35% to 25%, in line with much of the rest of the world, saying, "I will do that on day one." He also pledged to immediately halt any regulations and policies implemented by President Barack Obama that stall job growth.

The Bad news

Earlier, Romney announced his economic team for the election campaign, including two former top advisers to President George W. Bush -- R. Glenn Hubbard and Gregory Mankiw -- as well as former Sen. Jim Talent of Missouri and former Rep. Vin Weber of Minnesota.

From the comment section

23drums Can't wait to start my business once Oduma is gone. This Plan is awesome!!!!!!

The plan is awesome? no it isnt and having bush advisers on your team means another 4 years of more bush like polices, i dont know about you but the comments on CNN page is qutie nonsense alots of pro Romney suppoters who dont have a clue about how the economics work.

So ATS what you think of his bush like polices for the supposed job plan by Romney?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
this plan is simply preposterous how come businesses get all the breaks and the wealthy the people were not not mentioned once at all thats the scariest part for sure.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I think it would work great if he made a significant modification and added some protectionism and limits to international free trade into the plan. Give the corporations tax breaks, but tie them directly to manufacturing jobs in the USA, filled by legal American citizens and tax the daylights out of corporations that keep these jobs outside the USA's borders or use vistor workers to do the work.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Well sorry to say this but Mitt Romney said that the corporations are people to he was booed for that comment
Source

I doubt Mitt Romney will do any of the things he mentioned when if he gets elected remember how many broken promises obama made during his 2008 campaign? well this one is no different just letting you know that.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I'm a big ol nobody gives a poop...but I think my plan is better than this caca.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Simply lower the retirement age.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I agree with lowering the taxes because we seem to accept taxes are necessary for everything. We first need to agree on what we want government to do - then figure out how to pay for it. We have too many people running around wanting hand-outs and wanting to kill people in other countries.

That said, what good is lowering corporate taxes when you don't have a sound money supply. The economy can still be wrecked ashore by the Federal Reserve and quantitative easing. In the 90 or so years its been around its done a horrific job. Anyone NOT talking about it should be discounted immediately. $15,000,000,000,000 (did I get all of the zeros?) given to banks and a third to foreign banks just in the past 3 years? Thats only 5 times our annual tax income by the way.
edit on 9/6/2011 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Didn't Mitt Romney exclude himself from the Jim DeMint Q/A held on Labor Day to elaborate his stands on issues

so instead of being a 'team player' amongst the Republicans=== he's alieniating himself from the other announced candidates like Paul and the female loose cannon

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I don't care how good his plan may or may not look written on paper. As soon as I saw that he planned on using an economic team of individuals already previously part of the corruption process, I decided that this would be yet another win for big businesses and a loss for the middle and lower classes. Yet another joke of a plan utilizing the same good ole boys.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
So in other words Romney is no doing a darn thing but recycling the trash from the Bush administration into his and perpetuate the same crappy policies that got this nation in the mess it is right now.

I have lost hope on our political system.

Nothing but recycle trash.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I have lost hope on our political system.

Well you know what they say about democracy, its a system that only the mob rules, not the people.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

You don't have to remind me dear, I have learn the hard way, but rest assure that as with every president in the nation the trash get recycle and Golman Sach get to bring new fresh alumni.

That tells you who runs Washington.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
It can't be too hard to fool ol Mit, he is a mormon. The Bush guys saw this dude a mile away and latched on. He most likely sees them as men with experience and from a previous winning team. They see an easy paycheck. lol!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

And they'd just do a Haliburton.

new topics

top topics

join