It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which US President have you been satisfied with, and why?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

WOW ..you are not joking ! .... i dont have time now ..i will answer shortly in at least 10 000 words beacause i have a LOT to write

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
yeah well i agree with burdnman

the simple fact for 8 years i had more money in my pocket with bush

unlike the last 3 years of obama.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
i gotta say reagan

Yeah me too.
He protected unions.
Raised necessary taxes.
Was concerned about the environment.
He talked with our enemies.
He saved Social Security.
Did I mention raised taxes?

Glad we can agree on something.

Of course he greatly expanded the government

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

Yeah but Reagan won reelection by asking a simple question that I highly doubt we'll hear Obama asking come during his reelection drive...

"Are you better off today than you were 4 years ago?"
edit on 6-9-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
‘Ronald king pin Reagan‘,

A president, that decided to bring as much drugs into the USA so all the drug dealers could buy everything and keep this economy on top.

But then they started locking them up them like fish, because of the violence that came with it in which 41% of all the economy’s drug money still sits in some office building underground being pinched off of every day since the early thirties as evidence.

Write your congress and ask them to relinquish all the money seized in drugs bust from the early thirties to 2011 to help the economy.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Yeah but Reagan won reelection by asking a simple question that I highly doubt we'll hear Obama asking come during his reelection drive...

"Are you better off today than you were 4 years ago?"

Yeah but that has nothing to do with my post. Not sure why you even replied with that.
What exactly was your point?

Are you trying to say the people re-elected him because they were doing better after Reagans first 4 years of raising taxes, protecting unions, social security, the environment, etc? I hope so because that only better solidifies my point. Revisionist history is rich in this thread.
edit on 6-9-2011 by Kitilani because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2011 by Kitilani because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTalk
But then they started locking them up them like fish, because of the violence that came with it in which 41% of all the economy’s drug money still sits in some office building underground being pinched off of every day since the early thirties as evidence.

Really?

41%...

Have any links to back up that claim otherwise Nice fabrication. You should look into joining the Writers forum here at ATS. We are always looking for members with active imaginations to help write some fiction.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Originally posted by xavi1000
Wow ..are you joking ?

Not at all. Dead serious, in fact. Until the economy turned to crap, I really had very few complaints about the man and, in fact, thought he did a very good job with a really crappy hand he had been dealt.

What was the crappy hand that Bush was handed?
How much did you love us getting attacked on his watch?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani
Are you trying to say the people re-elected him because they were doing better after Reagans first 4 years of raising taxes, protecting unions,

Didn't he Fire the Air traffic controllers who threatened a strike?
And yes. People voted him back in by a HUGE margin. That included a massive amount of Reagan Democrats

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

about as much in 1993 for the first wtc attack and then the uss cole and the other embassy bombings.

yeah go there, seems people just love to cherry pick their history all under clinton
edit on 6-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I'll go with Reagan. He and Mikhail Gorbachev ended the Cold War thereby distancing the world from a nuclear holocaust. Reagan's foreign policy (and back then there was only one "foreign," the USSR) was tough as old boots, he didn't take any sh*t. That policy led to the collapse of the USSR, something he predicted, "the forward march of freedom and democracy will leave Marxism-Leninism on the ash-heap of history," Reagan, 1982. Ronald Reagan was an architect of political systems and in my humble opinion, he reigned supreme.

I doubt we'll ever see a politician of his calibre again.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

If you can prove me wrong then I will provide undisputed evidence.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTalk

If you can prove me wrong then I will provide undisputed evidence.

I asked for proof.

You made the claim.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Are you trying to say the people re-elected him because they were doing better after Reagans first 4 years of raising taxes, protecting unions,

Didn't he Fire the Air traffic controllers who threatened a strike?

What is your point? He was pro-union. One particular labor dispute means what?

Hardly get more pro-union than that.

And yes. People voted him back in by a HUGE margin. That included a massive amount of Reagan Democrats.

And yes, as I said that is because he did great things that all you Republicans are AGAINST now.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

about as much in 1993 for the first wtc attack and then the uss cole and the other embassy bombings.

That was not on Bush's watch.

yeah go there, seems people just love to cherry pick their history all under clinton
edit on 6-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I really wish you would read before you hit reply. If you understood what I was replying to then you might have written something that made sense.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

If you’re old enough to remember the 60s 70s 80s and 90s...you really don’t need a link. Just remember what happened and use common sense of when the happy days was, and all the Americans that was spending money like crazy.

Which US president had the best economic achievements?

A. Coolidge- "Overall Best Economy" the best economic times by the numbers, height of the roaring 20s, lowest unemployment average in history, lowered taxes for everyone and eliminated 2 million people from paying income tax and only the top 2% paid income tax, reduced federal spending, and retired a large amount of the national debt.

B. Reagan- "Greatest Peacetime Economic Boom" took over the worst recession since the Great Depression and doubled the GDP, doubled govt revenue, cut unemployment in half, stock market had record gains, inflation was gone, 18 million new jobs were created, workers salaries highly increased, sweeping tax cuts, cut taxes for the middle class by 65%, only around 2 trillion in debt added despite the Cold War costing 8 trillion.

C. Bush- "Economic Success under National Distresss" inherited a recession and many national emergencies, cut taxes which resulted in 52 straight months of job growth which was the longest period in history. Averaged unemployment for 8 years at 5.2%. Low debt added while with a Republican controlled Congress. In last year an econmic crisis occured from the subprime mortgage crisis which was not inacted by Bush and was attempted to change before it occured. Highest GDP gain in a 20 year period.

Bush and Reagan had the drug dealers to help them with the economy. Everybody was selling drugs in which they needed no jobs and therefore the unemployment rate was at a low...just like all the mobs and drug dealers in the 20s.

The perfect example on how drug dealers helped the economy .

Bush
Reagan
Coolidge>

edit on 6-9-2011 by RealTalk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PW229

Yeah Reagan was a real hardcore badass for talking with the Russians unlike that wuss Obama that suggested talking with our enemies right?

I just really love how the righties that love Reagan so much rail against the exact same crap he did and was for now.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RealTalk

OK no links so far.

U2U me with your proof.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Ok, I'll bite. How about George Washington. He's the only one (so far mentioned anyways) that knew when to take a bow and let someone else have a try at it.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

reply to post by PW229

Yeah Reagan was a real hardcore badass for talking with the Russians unlike that wuss Obama that suggested talking with our enemies right?

You mean like how Clinton talked to Osama right?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join