It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America wins the big one! We're number 1! Let's not even discuss Belgium.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Hey, America! Aren't you a little tired of being called racists, terrorists, zionists, killers, polluters, baby rapists, ruled by the Pope (or Reptilians), and a dozen other insults directed toward "This greatest nation on God's green earth?"

Well, here you have it, from the people of the world!!! You don't have to be dejected a moment longer. Be proud! Stand tall! Laugh at your enemies! Heck, you can even try out a little Texas accent and swagger.

Whooo-hooooo!!! We are cool!!!!! We are Number One!!!! Celebrate, tell your story here. The rest of the world falls on its face and worships at the temple our AWESOMENESS!!! COOLIOSITY TO THE MAX !!!!!!

PROOF of AMERICAN COOLISSIMUS:
www.reuters.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Even since my days in elementary school I've had to be subjected to the "popularity" contest. A hierarchy of beautiful and cool people, who usually suck. This didn't end in school but is literally the American way of life. How sad are we?

Oh, and Jay Z sucks. One time, years ago, his music was alright, but now its awful, and don't get me started on Lil Wayne and Kayne West. 2 Pac is spinning in his grave, and this is why Eminmen is crowned rap king.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Exactly. America, I mean no offence, is like the cool guy that everbody looked up to in high school but really was a douche. And now he's on welfare drinking his life away.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

it's funny and interesting how much humans are swayed by what we see in movies and magazines. here in America we are blessed with the people of the world, folks from everywhere come and bring their cultures, social mores, beliefs, customs, foods, religions. not everyone everywhere is exposed to the many things we are. and along the way we have the things that are uniquely American, for better or worse. such as the Wild Wild West years of the cowboys and lawlessness, and the Marlon Brando 'Wild Ones' Hells Angels 1%'s culture borne of returning WWII veterans and their rebellious mindset.

I live in hope that a day will come when we cease to compare this with that. I so hope someday violence and war will be something no one on the planet has first hand knowledge of in their lives. there are so many wonderful things we get to enjoy while others are hungry and homeless. may the day come when all mankind is happy, healthy and well cared for.

a few things American that mean a lot to me:

the Manifesto of the original Black Panther Party of the 1960's. please do look it up online some time and educate yourself about the wonderful mindset the Panthers had in the day. this applied to all who were oppressed, hungry and struggling with poverty, regardless of ethnic group or skin tone. the Panthers did some wonderful things for many people in their day, and they fill me with hope when i think of what can be.

the freedom to go to any house of worship i choose, to follow whichever beliefs i wish. not everyone everywhere has this in their life. i consider myself damn lucky. some people don't know you can't be a Christian (etcetera) everywhere in the world. can you imagine not being able to practice your faith? holy crap.

being born in the land of plenty has totally rocked for me. i'm one of the lucky ones that has always had a roof over my head, food on my plate and people who love me. while this may not be unique to America i just wanted to share that i'm thankful for what i've been given.

i can speak my mind. so can my neighbors and all the other hundreds of millions of people living here. you might not agree with my words or like what i'm saying but here you too are free to spew any nonsense you wish, shy of threatening other peoples lives and what-not. there are still countries where you get killed for trying that out.

and some of my favorite Americans, for their incredible contributions to the arts, and i'm sorry because i know there are so many more i want to mention that i'm thankful for:

Frank Zappa - i've learned so much about music, politics, culture and life in general from the music, movies, interviews and writings of Mr. Zappa. RIP you magnificent genius.

Andy Warhol - reading about his life, seeing documentaries on this man, and knowing of his contributions to the world, I consider Mr.Warhol the epitome of The American Dream. Hard work, imagination and perseverance is what made the great things of America, great. Mr.Warhol is proof of this. RIP you beautiful man.

N.J. Public School Teachers - not to sound like I'm full of myself, but thanks to dedicated teaching professionals I am usually the most well-read and well-rounded person in the room I'm in. and that is because I was lucky enough to have excellent schoolteachers in my youth, here in The Garden State.

John Waters - IMHO America's finest filmmaker. Mr.Waters showed the spirit of artistic integrity, creativity & imagination, and a genius flair for exposing social shackles from a very young age. Over the years Waters' catalog has grown wonderfully and delighted millions as he went from a young rebellious king of the offensive to a sought-after Hollywood icon. I've loved Mr.Waters works since i was a very young man, and I'm glad that he continues to put out films, books, art and interviews that are as entertaining and relevant as ever. I consider Waters to be one of the most important cultural gifts America shares with the world; he is genius refined.

my nephew, Tommy - Tom took the time to visit me almost every day for well over a year and slowly, patiently and carefully lead this old horse to drink from the cool stream waters of truth. as I drank deeply of my nephew's knowledge my eyes slowly began to open to so many things I was ignorant about. Tom changed my life and made me a better person, one who is awake, aware, and prepared for come what may. Tom is also the reason I come to ATS every day. if i ever hit the lottery Tom will spend the rest of his life doing whatever the heck he wants to; i'll see to it. Tom took the time to reach out and care; that is A Great American.

thank you for taking the time, too.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
What is so cool about living in a country with one of the highest prisoner populations in respect to its total population, in a place with one of the world's greatest income inequalities, and not to mention one of the lowest math averages for students? Don't worry being cool really counts in the real world, you'll do fine.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

I live in hope that a day will come when we cease to compare this with that. I so hope someday violence and war will be something no one on the planet has first hand knowledge of in their lives. there are so many wonderful things we get to enjoy while others are hungry and homeless. may the day come when all mankind is happy, healthy and well cared for.

This. Soon, for the good of people everywhere, soon.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Dear LargeFries,

I had originally intended to send this to you via U2U. Your post is one of the most heart-warming and touching I've seen on this site. I will, if you don't object, print it out and post it. I will probably send it to some friends.

I get discouraged a lot, but I don't understand those who can never find good or happiness. "The sky is pretty today." "Don't you know it's full of pollution?" is a conversation I tire of rather quickly.

Again, thank you very much for your effort, understanding, and willingness to speak out. I'm proud of you, and proud that you are an American.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Dear LargeFries,

I had originally intended to send this to you via U2U. Your post is one of the most heart-warming and touching I've seen on this site. I will, if you don't object, print it out and post it. I will probably send it to some friends.

I get discouraged a lot, but I don't understand those who can never find good or happiness. "The sky is pretty today." "Don't you know it's full of pollution?" is a conversation I tire of rather quickly.

Again, thank you very much for your effort, understanding, and willingness to speak out. I'm proud of you, and proud that you are an American.

With respect,
Charles1952

Wow! You're quite welcome. Your nice reply made my day

top topics

join