It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a physiological explanation for the Kundalini Awakening?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
During meditation you can achieve levels of enlightement and relaxation, I have some and they are from floating to energies and out of body experiences.

But the Kundalini is a different thing, it doesn't happen overnight, its a long time learning experience, because it has become so popular now and the propaganda to make money out of it on line teaching, videos and books, they are selling a false idea that you can achieve kundalini awakening overnight.

But if you are experienced in meditation you will know that more often than not the feelings you are having are more of the mind than the spirit.

Yes everybody have the capability to feel the benefits and wonders of meditation, but do not confuse what you are feeling with the real kundalini experience even long time experts that are not trying to make money out of some CDs of training will tell you that is not one day learning but a life long one.

Well perhaps I am misinterpreting this overwhelmingly ecstatic electric vibration coursing throughout every cell and nerve ending in my body to be a kundalini awakening. Or perhaps it is actually a kundalini awakening.

It happened during meditation, but outside of meditation, I am a very spiritual person. I try to love everyone and everything and myself. I think the experience is more a product of that than it is meditation, but it took meditation to activate this dormant potential. I have observed oneness, and obtained highly blissful states and high levels of awareness outside of meditation.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I am very happy that you are having all this experiences, be Kundalini or not, I have been meditating for over 15 years, after going through some very devastating stress period.

Yes it took me longer to achieved the real wonders of mediation, the electric feeling through the body, the lightness and the feeling that I was floating over my physical body, now the electric energy would leave me with a headache most of the time, it was when I had the last acupuncture section (due to post op recuperation therapy) that I had another kind of experience, I had this warming energy that took over my body and left me elated, without the after headache from the electric feeling I had before during meditation.

Trust me I am very happy you are having such wonderful results. Thanks for sharing with us.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
reply to post by Frater210

What is so great about yoga? I've never really believed in the power of yoga, nor have I really understood it. What experiences have any of you had with yoga? Are they legit? How similar is what you get out of yoga to what you get out of meditation?

I try to meditate daily, and have found it to be very calming for the mind. This clarity of mind improves my functionability in my daily activities whether mental of physical. Not only that, but during meditation, I feel a profound sense of inner peace and I feel a phenomenal sense of expansiveness and sometime interconnectedness. Is yoga anything like that?

What does yoga have to offer that meditation doesn't?

Yoga is meditation in motion, It is pure bliss. For me anyway but I do hot yoga, meaning 100 degrees for 100 minutes. 10 minutes in your brain just absolutely dumps any other thought but getting through the next pose. It is complete heaven for me, a Veteran with PTSD to have any time what so ever without intrusive thoughts. I also practice meditation, but it takes dicipline. The yoga is the dicipline.

I have also had some experience with Qigong, a simply amazing process that with a good instructor is almost indescribable. I don't mix though. So for me currently it is hot yoga and a quiet mind.

ps. The added bonus is I have lost a lot of weight!!!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
reply to post by ddaniel

I am not doing it; my thing is Qigong.

By the time Yogani rolled around I had had enough experiences seeking to realize what Yogani had done, but was far enough along with my Qigong to be satisfied and you don't want to mix the two. Even Qigong practitioners shouldn't mix one teacher's methods with another's. Again, the idea is to find a system.

I would really like for you to expand on this, even open your own thread. I think this is important the non mixing but I am not in a place to articulate why. I am also interested in QiGong - amazing stuff. But I am currently doing hot yoga, and plan for this to be my "thing" for a while as it fits right now.

However Qigong - feels - I'm speechless with awe about QiGong actually but I had a very good instructor when I was introduced. I did try and take it again, but this is such an art and I felt the recent instructor was doing a little class expanded off of a class at massage school. The first instructor had learned extensively under Dr. Yang. There is a difference.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join