It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Possibilians are better than wishy-washy Agnostics and MUCH better than poop-flinging Athiests

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nihonjindesu08

please take a look at my reply in the thread "What do you believe?", it'll give ya a hand as how to connect directly withGod, from there he'll tellya what it is He wants or what you may do etc....

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Then what to you call a person who does claim there is no god since the term atheism is taken up by the people who believes its a possibility but needs proof first.

What you're touching on here is the difference between an agnostic atheist and a gnostic atheist. An agnostic atheist lacks a belief in god(s), but is open to the possibility that there is a god(s); a gnostic atheist makes the positive claim that there is no god(s). You can apply the same adjectives to theists -- a gnostic theist would state with 100% certainty that there is a god(s); an agnostic theist believes in god(s), but is open to the possibility that there may not be one.

As far as examples, if I'm reading correctly, Kingalbrecht is an agnostic atheist (a position I share) and Richard Dawkins would be a prime example of a gnostic atheist.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by skydog801
reply to post by Kingalbrect79

what would you say if I were to offer you a way to prove to yourself that the spiritual and God are real?

Please look at a reply that I posted in the thread "what do you believe". in it is the way I found and it worked for me. hope you give it a try, steve

Ok, i'll attempt to answer this as simply as I can and without seeming too forward. (It is difficult with no emotion able to be conveyed through text)

I read your post, and for the most part it is interpretation of dreams, astral projection, visions, whatever that has convinced you of what you probably were already leaning towards in the first place. I make no mention of what your life is like, your personal experiences and your life currently other than to say that I take everything you said with a grain of salt.

From a logical standpoint, I have to accept what I can see, hear, touch and from everything you posted, personal experiences are just not proof of a magical creator. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say that what you experienced is real to you, but it is not real to me. In that respect I must stand by my position and deny your claims, just as all other theists that god is in fact not real until some form of proof that is tangible, testable and verifiable by others is provided.

I have tried astral projection before and OOBE's, but I just can't seem to get it. The closest I've come to it is the feeling of complete numbness with a pulling sensation at the front of my chest as if I'm lifting from inside my body and stopping at my sternum, like centrifugal force on water in a jug.

It has long been the standard theist argument for "personal experience/personal relationship = god is real," but i'm afraid I just can't bow down to ideas that have no merit. I hope you understand my position, and while your story is entertaining and intriguing for what it is, (I like astral stories) I see no validity in your claims at this time.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

King

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by skydog801

That is a unique way to look at it steve, i will have to see if i can give that a try after all anything is possiable

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join