It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special report: The secret plan to take Tripoli

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Colonel Muammar Gaddafi's regime was delivered by a caterer, on a memory stick. Abdel Majid Mlegta ran the companies that supplied meals to Libyan government departments including the interior ministry. The job was "easy," he told Reuters last week. "I built good relations with officers. I wanted to serve my country." But in the first few weeks of the uprising, he secretly began to work for the rebels. He recruited sympathizers at the nerve center of the Gaddafi government, pinpointed its weak links and its command-and-control strength in Tripoli, and passed that information onto the rebel leadership on a series of flash memory cards.

This is an absolutely fascinating read about the man that oversaw catering/food services to the regime. He began gathering information and handing it off to the rebels and NATO. He was able to get key information for different buildings, including names ranks and even license plate numbers. The more you read the more you realize just how instrumental this guy was in developing the intelligence needed.

Link

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Last bump and I'll stop.

Give it a read, I know it's long.

new topics

join