It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Probe pictures Moon landing sites

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
They're wonderful pictures,it doesn't prove man WALKED on the moon just some tracks & bits of stuff left behind with what they sent up there.
I'm sure the pictures will get better as time,always good seeing the landing sites,i believe we did go to the moon but the pics & video's are only a representation of what they saw.

a facsinating subject the moon landings,could read about it all day long,good stuff.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ioweagle

I remember some landing site photos coming out in the recent past from the LROC, like this 1:09 minute video shows, what about these?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I have to side with the people saying this proves nothing. In fact, for decades NASA and the US Government haven't even bothered acknwledging the Moon Hoax Conspiracy people....at all. Now all of a sudden, TPTB decide to throw up some highly speculative pictures of some rover tracks and possible space junk and claim the case is closed.

I'm more apt to believe that since home based telescopes are getting powerful enough to actually see these sites, the government has decided to pre-empt any amateur astronomers claiming the sites don't exist.

Didn't the US send something crashing into the moon a year ago or so? Perhaps these are the remnants. If not, I don't imagine it'd be too hard to send a rover up there, make some tracks, and then claim them as the lander sites.

With all the lies the government spews every day, I for one wouldn't believe them if they sent me to the moon myself to inspect the sites.

Let us all await the self-proclaimed know it all Phage to set the record straight. I'd believe him about as much as the gubment.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

imasheep
for decades NASA and the US Government haven't even bothered acknwledging the Moon Hoax Conspiracy people....
I wonder why?

With all the lies the government spews every day, I for one wouldn't believe them if they sent me to the moon myself to inspect the sites.
I didn't have to read very far to get an answer to that question.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

imasheep

I'm more apt to believe that since home based telescopes are getting powerful enough to actually see these sites, the government has decided to pre-empt any amateur astronomers claiming the sites don't exist.

And by saying stuff like that it proves you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and have no business questioning the legitimacy of the moon landings.

No telescope on earth comes close to being able to see the landing sites, not even the HUBBLE TELESCOPE is powerful enough to see the landing sites, do you have any idea how ridiculous what you just said was?

No substance, no fact, just your own poorly informed and completely incorrect opinions.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Why are we discussing a topic covered 2 years ago! Those photos were released in 2011. Can we copy and paste the discussion back then which, funnily enough, goes the same way as this one.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

Oh here we go, if you bring up an old post you get people moaning, if you open a new thread without searching to see if there's an existing one people moan at you.

Is there a time limit on discussing something on a discussion forum? Are conversations finite?

What a valuable contribution you've made.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Umm who filled Kubrick's shoes after he passed? He'd be the guy id like to question about the pics

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Any Hi-Resolution images of these exist??

Or is that asking too much?...

I don't get it. We have such beautiful images of Mars, a much larger and further away.

But still can't get a Hi-Res Picture of the Apollo Missions...

fishy moon.avi
www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9_3l5XpMac
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

AbleEndangered
Any Hi-Resolution images of these exist??

Or is that asking too much?...

I don't get it. We have such beautiful images of Mars, a much larger and further away.

But still can't get a Hi-Res Picture of the Apollo Missions...

fishy moon.avi
www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9_3l5XpMac
www.youtube.com...

They are "Hi-Res" you're just looking at them at a 1:1 ratio or "pixel peeping", these are just tiny segments of enormous photos. Show me an image of mars showing something as small as the lunar module in significantly greater detail and you might have a point. You have absolutely no point of reference to make that statement.

The important fact you're forgetting is that the LRO isn't there just to take photos of the landing sites to satisfy disbelievers, it's there to map the lunar surface and the images of the landing site are just a consequence of that. Over time the probe's orbit becomes lower and lower and the amount of detail in images get's better and better but they are not there to prove to people what they already know to be true.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join