It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Probe pictures Moon landing sites

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

www.bbc.co.uk

The pictures clearly show the hardware left on the lunar surface by American astronauts in the 1960s and 70s, including Apollo 17's "Moon buggy".

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
lroc.sese.asu.edu

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Havent seen this before, looks like maybe we can put a name to some of these objects left lying around the moon!

Havent had a good look at it yet but it seems they have taken the LRO into a lower orbit so there are better pictres coming back. Honestly after just browsing a few pictures on the website the pictures look a lot like any other pictures of the moon i have seen, you can tell me its a science pack but i cant see a science pack!

Maybe someone with a more decerning eye will be able to pick things out?

www.bbc.co.uk

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Just wanted to share another link regarding this story. I came across it via WRH

space.com

Its basically the same info. But its a collaborating source.

Of course somehow these will be "photoshoped" and "faked" so that the Russians won't get suspicious or some other nonsense.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Ok just an example but this image LRV Picture now they say this is the LRV but honestly to me it could be anything, i just dont know why they cant release HD pics!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Maybe they are real.. so what? i still don't think Apollo Mission Broadcasted on TV was Real.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Proof of Aliens!!! Cause humans sure didn't make those tracks! We cannot go to the moon. Humans cannot pass through the Van Allen Belt, because radiation will kill you, regardless of how much lead you have around you.

Wait, no, that's a fake picture....

Honestly though... I am fully confident Apollo missions went to the moon. My dad has been a NASA electrical engineer for 38 years. Note: we have had the 'moon hoax' conversation many times, and there is not a doubt in my mind. I digress, I do not believe our first pictures brought back from the moon are real. I believe many of the pics and videos were shot it a Hollywood studio. When they passed through the Van Allen Belt, all film was exposed and rendered useless. However, in the middle of the space race, you have to prove you were there, right?
edit on 6-9-2011 by TomServo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
just quickly looking at the image, it's not that big of an area 1st of all, and secondly why are the boot tracks almost as wide as the LRV buggy tracks, and more defined (you can see in the provided pictures the boots are clearly much smaller then the buggy width) and second thing that seems weird is why park the buggy over there unless more "science packages" are over there? more we are not seeing??; also no boot tracks from the buggy

just my .02 cents , probably can be explained maybe I missed it

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/829289a6900d.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c2e68ec49659.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e7ccd623f014.png[/atsimg]

Note: If an image is too large, right click and select view image.

Should be viewed at full high definition.
edit on 9/6/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

The pictures clearly show the hardware left on the lunar surface by American astronauts in the 1960s and 70s, including Apollo 17's "Moon buggy".

No they don't.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by all answers exist

The boot tracks are caused by kicking up dust in the way the astronauts had to move. They aren't really 'footprints' so much as it's a bunch of dust that got kicked up and settled back down.

Further, the lighting or material seems a little different where the LRV is parked - as there are no real discernible tracks from anything - spare for what appears to be a boot-track leading 'up' and away from the rover - but it's faint by comparison to the others.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Ive allways been a hardened believer that the moon landing was faked but i have to admit these pictures are starting to make me think twice. Im not ready to give in the offical story just yet though as there are just to many things about the moon missions that dont add up.

Would NASA really go so far as to just photoshop these pictures?

Maybe they really did go and just the footage and the pictures of the mission were faked.

Maybe NASA has managed to send stuff to the moon since the apollo missions just to make it look like they really went there. This is a way out idea but if it WAS faked they might just go to these extreme lengths to try to cover their tracks (no pun intended).

My instinct tells me there is something not right about the whole Apollo mission thing. What we need is more independant evidence.

edit on 6-9-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

No they don't.

If you can't see the Rover tracks or make out the Lander, you need a new computer I think

Being in denial is what I think most expect from the we did not land on the Moon crowd. No surprise here.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
These pictures are very good evidence. Unfortunately no matter what evidence is ever presented by anyone, be it NASA or a completely independent body, there will be those who refuse to believe that evidence. You could probably take them to the moon and show them up close and they would claim that it was being done in a Hollywood set.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
lol, you could take a hoax believer up to the moon, place his/her face squarely on the rover, and he/she would say, "this was planted here in the 90's, the apollo missions never happened"

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ioweagle

www.bbc.co.uk

Related News Links:
lroc.sese.asu.edu

Well to me this doesnt proove anything else but the thing that there is some landing module there,and "buggy". It doesnt proove that MAN was on Moon.... This images u can compare with Mars landing of module that brought there Rover.... there is no actually proof of man being there... Images are blury,and where is the US flag? u know the one that was waving... not visible on those "images of moon"...

And... can someone explaine to me how they transported LRV(buggy) on to the Moon? Because it looks big...i mean bigger than a module they lended with on Moon:
edit on 6-9-2011 by John0Doe because: Just remembered a question.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
If you can't see the Rover tracks or make out the Lander, you need a new computer I think

Being in denial is what I think most expect from the we did not land on the Moon crowd. No surprise here.
Right.

At 50km it was still kind of hard to make out the lander but the improved resolution in the 25km images makes a difference, they are detailed enough to even see what looks like the feet on the lander so it's not some indistinct shape.

The rover does show the wheels turned to the left as the article claims, but the overall outline isn't as clear as the outline of the lander.

Now we hear the "other" conspiracy theories, like they faked the moon landing in 1969 but went back later to put these objects on the moon...but wait, they still had to get through the Van Allen belt to do that which the conspiracy theorists claimed was impossible?

It's entertaining to see the denial some people experience, even when shown proof.

Originally posted by all answers exist
second thing that seems weird is why park the buggy over there unless more "science packages" are over there? more we are not seeing??
I suspect the astronauts had a secret discussion which wasn't recorded about where they could park the rover so that four decades later, somebody would ask why they parked it there, but that's just a theory, I have no proof

Seriously though, I suspect the boot tracks are most visible when multiple tracks cross the same area. A single set of tracks might not show up too well, you can't expect all boot tracks to show up at this resolution, only dense areas of tracks.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by barkingdogamato
These pictures are very good evidence.

Not by themselves. They certainly don't prove anything, and could be easily hoaxed. I could get a high resolution image and make it look like astronauts were square dancing in the dust.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I can see the lunar tracks but you're jumping to conclusions by making out I don't believe they landed on the moon. I didn't say that.

I just think the pictures don't really show anything. If they hadn't have told you what to look for would you have been able to recognise anything?

I certainly wouldn't and I still can't.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
NASA released a statement that there wasn't an Apollo 18 mission, based on the recent self-titled movie that hinted that the "movie" was actually lost footage that was found, Blair Wtich style.....hahaha

www.dailymotion.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TomServo
Proof of Aliens!!! Cause humans sure didn't make those tracks! We cannot go to the moon. Humans cannot pass through the Van Allen Belt, because radiation will kill you, regardless of how much lead you have around you.

Wait, no, that's a fake picture....

Honestly though... I am fully confident Apollo missions went to the moon. My dad has been a NASA electrical engineer for 38 years. Note: we have had the 'moon hoax' conversation many times, and there is not a doubt in my mind. I digress, I do not believe our first pictures brought back from the moon are real. I believe many of the pics and videos were shot it a Hollywood studio. When they passed through the Van Allen Belt, all film was exposed and rendered useless. However, in the middle of the space race, you have to prove you were there, right?
edit on 6-9-2011 by TomServo because: (no reason given)

I think you'll find we can and have passed through the Van Allen Belt. This guy explains it very well and lists his references at the bottom of the paper. Read, learn and accept the truth.
www.wwheaton.com...

And the wikipedia entry on the Van Allen Radiation Belt
en.wikipedia.org...

To the O.P great find. As we can all see, it still doesn't satisfy everyone.

(And could someone tell me how to star and flag please.)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join