It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'The owl' on one dollar bill?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
yeah, the eye of horus comes from the third eye, the pineal gland, the shape of the pineal gland.

the all-seeing eye is the sun.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
That's an interesting statement, seeing as the symbol of the all seeing eye goes back in all cultures far far back from any understanding of this "third eye" you reference. The Egyptians used it as long as 4,000 years ago, the Norse have used it 2,000 to 3,000 years ago, the Mithraic faith used it, American Indians have used it, Chinese, Tibetan and others have used it for THOUSANDS of years to represent the omnipresence of g-d.

SOME may feel it represents the "third eye" whatever THAT is (do I WANT to know?), but historical evidence shows that to be an incorrect sole assertion.

SMR

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Just adding in,not going to debate.....well maybe a little.
I always thought it was a spider.But only for the reason to protect against counterfeiting.All kids of things are there if you look and thought it was put there,,,for counterfeiting purposses.Like in the bottom of the back side,you can see WN right about where the D is in one dollar.
As a side note:

The Latin above the pyramid, ANNUIT COEPTIS, means, "God has favored our undertaking."
The Latin below the pyramid, NOVUS ORDO SECLORUM, means, "a new order has begun."

I have a scanned $1 bill and I see the 'face' but only at a reduced size.Once you start blowing it up to look close,you see nothing more than a blotch that seems to match the pattern on the entire bill and all bills for that matter.

Also,on the $20 bill.If you look at the bush on the back,you can see the numbers 2957 or 2597 I forget as I dont have a 20 on me,poor right now.But Im not sure what if any,speculation it has.

Another side note:
On the link above to www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

There is a small owl just to the left of the "1" which appears on the upper right hand corner of the Dollar Bill.

I say spider.Not owl.Anyway is also says:

From time to time politicians like Bill Clinton and George W. Bush Jr. have been caught with a camera flashing the horned owl symbol with their hands.

HUH?
I have always understood that to be the so called 'devil horns' us metal heads use to refer to ROCK ON!!!
Infact,Ronnie James Dio is credited for starting this 'symbol' See here at #3 and was asked where he came up with it.He said he got it from his grandmother and she used it alot and I forget the word,I know it was a different language,it meant to send off evil and when when you face it foward,it was to bring evil.

I love this stuff but like the question how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsi pop,,,,,,The world may never know

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I am afraid you are incorrect, sir. Horus had the head of an eagle or falcon. Also, the eye of Horus looks like this:

Thanks for the correction, as it allows me to further explain what I was trying to say...but didn't take the words to do...

I should have said that the masonic eye is "said" to derive from the eye of Horus for insight...(or third eye) and have a similar meaning.

I was incorrect on the head of an owl...owls were simply attributed to Horus, hence the source of my error...
I even have a small eqyptian owl figurine depicting it as an aspect of Horus...

Still, my point of the connection is there....

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
you guys did see what i posted about the owl and the capitol? nobody acknowledged my statement so i wasnt sure.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantompatriot
you guys did see what i posted about the owl and the capitol? nobody acknowledged my statement so i wasnt sure.

Can you link to a pic or something?

SMR

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantompatriot

I tried doing a google image search but wasnt able to find much.
All I found really was this.I think I see what you are talking about.I guess if you look hard you can see 'something' depicting an owl.
Click for image
On a side note - I wonder if I will recieve a call asking why I did a search on google for 'capitol building aerial view'

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
you cant see it because the angle is wrong. let me try finding it myself.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
terraserver.microsoft.com... if it isnt already zoomed in on the capitol find it and do it. it doesnt look as much like an owl as pictures ive seen before though.

terraserver.microsoft.com...

look at this the details of the capitol are blurred in this pic. i wonder if this was done on purpose? It was.

geography.about.com... still trying to find a good owl pic though.

[edit on 25-8-2004 by phantompatriot]

SMR

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Ok,I see now what your talking about.It does have a shape,but,and dont think I am making fun of you or anything,but it looks more like a Furby or Pok�mon than an owl.In that image anyway.

In the others you posted,I wonder why that one is blurred?Maybe it is newer and they dont want terrorists seeing the capitol?Very odd.

EDIT:One image is from 88' and the blurry one is 2002

[edit on 25-8-2004 by SMR]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
yes i think it is so terrorists cant see details. i posted an article about the secret service doing it. im still trying to find this picture i saw once where it looked exactly like an owl.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by theron dunn
That's an interesting statement, seeing as the symbol of the all seeing eye goes back in all cultures far far back from any understanding of this "third eye" you reference. The Egyptians used it as long as 4,000 years ago, the Norse have used it 2,000 to 3,000 years ago, the Mithraic faith used it, American Indians have used it, Chinese, Tibetan and others have used it for THOUSANDS of years to represent the omnipresence of g-d.

What is the masonic interpretation of the eye in the triangle? The eye of providence and the omnipresence of god?

Is belief in god a masonic requirement? Can an atheist be a mason?

Personally, I find the "official" interpretation of the great seal to be pretty flimsy, considering the complexity of the seal and all the suggestive symbolism.

Is the preponderance of masonic imagery on the dollar simply an homage by the founding fathers to their fraternity?

df1

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Perhaps some will find this commentary useful. As noted previously Mr. Hall was not a Mason at the time of the writing of this book.

The Secret Teachings Of All Ages by Manly P. Hall
p. 90

From Hunt's History of the Seal of the United States.

The significance of the mystical number 13, which frequently appears upon the Great Seal of the United States, is not limited to the number of the original colonies. The sacred emblem of the ancient initiates, here composed of 13 stars,, also appears above the head of the "eagle." The motto, E Pluribus Unum, contains 13 letters, as does also the inscription, Annuit C�ptis. The "eagle" clutches in its right talon a branch bearing 13 leaves and 13 berries and in its left a sheaf of 13 arrows. The face of the pyramid, exclusive of the panel containing the date, consists of 72 stones arranged in 13 rows.

p. 91

If any one doubts the presence of Masonic and occult influences at the time the Great Seal was designed, he should give due consideration to the comments of Professor Charles Eliot Norton of Harvard, who wrote concerning the unfinished pyramid and the All-Seeing Eye which adorned the reverse of the seal, as follows: "The device adopted by Congress is practically incapable of effective treatment; it can hardly (however artistically treated by the designer) look otherwise than as a dull emblem of a Masonic fraternity." (The History of the Seal of the United States.)

The eagles of Napoleon and C�sar and the zodiacal eagle of Scorpio are really ph�nixes, for the latter bird--not the eagle--is the symbol of spiritual victory and achievement. Masonry will be in a position to solve many of the secrets of its esoteric doctrine when it realizes that both its single- and double-headed eagles are ph�nixes, and that to all initiates and philosophers the ph�nix is the symbol of the transmutation and regeneration of the creative energy--commonly called the accomplishment of the Great Work. The double-headed ph�nix is the prototype of an androgynous man, for according to the secret teachings there will come a time when the human body will have two spinal cords, by means of which vibratory equilibrium will be maintained in the body.

Not only were many of the founders of the United States Government Masons, but they received aid from a secret and august body existing in Europe, which helped them to establish this country for a peculiar and particular purpose known only to the initiated few. The Great Seal is the signature of this exalted body--unseen and for the most part unknown--and the unfinished pyramid upon its reverse side is a trestleboard setting forth symbolically the task to the accomplishment of which the United States Government was dedicated from the day of its inception.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I should have said that the masonic eye is "said" to derive from the eye of Horus for insight...(or third eye) and have a similar meaning.

What Masonic eye, sir? And who "says" it derives from the eye of Horus?

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bunkbuster
What is the masonic interpretation of the eye in the triangle? The eye of providence and the omnipresence of god?

Not exactly... the Eye of Providence and the Omniscience of God.

Is belief in god a masonic requirement?

Yes. But we don't care about your religion -- belief in a Supreme Being is necessary, but we don't care how you worship the Supreme Being (within reason, of course. Human sacrifice is right out
)

Can an atheist be a mason?

No.

Is the preponderance of masonic imagery on the dollar simply an homage by the founding fathers to their fraternity?

The imagery on the dollar bill is not Masonic, so the question is moot. This link has more information about why the seal is not at all Masonic.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I don't want to get too off topic, but this is really fascinating to me, and It does directly relate to the dollar bill, and potentially indirectly to that cute lil' owl -

Question -

When did the eye inside the triangle become the recognized symbol for the illuminati? Was this symbol used by the Bavarian Illuminati, or simply attributed to "all things illuminati" later on?

Perhaps, as Alex's link suggests, that the designers of the great seal may have co-opted the imagery from "parallel sources", perhaps the imagery does not suggest masonic ideals, but rather illuministic ideals hiding in a hodgepodge of co-opted masonic symbolism.

The number 13, after all, does factor in quite heavily to illuminati lore - 13 bloodlines and all...

This would also explain a lot of the aggression I see directed toward masonry - much the same way an understanding of zionism helped me understand a lot of the aggression I saw directed toward jews.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bunkbuster
but rather illuministic ideals hiding in a hodgepodge of co-opted masonic symbolism.

The number 13, after all, does factor in quite heavily to illuminati lore - 13 bloodlines and all...

For more on the Bavarian Illuminati, look here. As for 13... well, although I've said this many times before, I'll say it again -- you do know that there were 13 colonies in the original rebellious "United States," yes? So, it makes sense that various references to the number 13 on the dollar bill would relate to those original 13 colonies, no? Sometimes, it's not necessary to look for a conspiracy. Sometimes, the answer is in your grade 10 Social Studies textbook.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexKennedy

For more on the Bavarian Illuminati, look here.

I read the grand lodge illuminati primer long ago - I understand what the site says, although I can neither accept nor deny what it has to say without further investigation. To do so would be, well, ignorant. As far as I can tell, however, the site has no information regarding the eye inside the triangle symbol, and it's relationship to the illumnati.

As for 13... well, although I've said this many times before, I'll say it again -- you do know that there were 13 colonies in the original rebellious "United States," yes? So, it makes sense that various references to the number 13 on the dollar bill would relate to those original 13 colonies, no? Sometimes, it's not necessary to look for a conspiracy. Sometimes, the answer is in your grade 10 Social Studies textbook.

I am going to assume I am mistaken by inferring a deep sense of condescension in your response. Perhaps when I reach the tenth grade I will understand what you are talking about.

Now, however, I feel that perhaps my US history texts did not present me with the breadth of knowledge necessary to understand why the world seems to be sinking rapidly into this political sh*thole. So that is why I am here - searching for knowledge beyond the same tired pages and texts I've already explored.

You choose to believe the 13 symbolism refers exclusively to the thirteen colonies. Fabulous. I feel there may be more to it. I'm interested in getting other opinions.

Anybody else have one?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   
bunkbuster, i strongly encourage you to watch the presentation offered for free at www.pharmacratic-inquisition.com... for a great explanation of the "divine" meaning of the number 13. Basically, all the way back to Babylon, the constellations that we pass through, the 12 astrological signs... Age of Taurus, Age of Aries, Age of Pisces (which we are at the end of now) and the Age of Aquarius (coming in to), etc, were given titles like gods. The Sun in the middle (fire in the middle - pyra mid) is the "13" in the middle of the 12 astrological signs.

theron dunn, the egyptians would've been able to look inside the brain. any culture would've been able to. and they would have found what we call the pineal gland. The pineal gland is the third eye. It even has a retina. There are lizards who use their third eye for sensing.

And by the by, the fluoride that is put in our water supplies, is toxic to the pineal gland, so it could be said that fluoride blinds the third eye.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
df1. Thats some good info there!

I never heard of a secret body in Europe helping the United States other then the freemason/peoples of France gift to the United States, The Statue of Liberty.

It's generally well known that many of the Founding Fathers were Masons.

freemasonry.bcy.ca...
freemasonry.bcy.ca...
www.sonic.net...
www.nvo.com...
www.phoenixmasonry.org...
oto-usa.org...

[edit on 26-8-2004 by 7th_Chakra]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join