It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speechless... Evil Ass Diet Coke advert... (DISGUSTING!)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I am infuriated.
Literally fuming.
I also feel sick...

This advert is absolutely disgusting. You could argue whether or not the intents of this advert were social programming or not.. BUT! I repeat but.. either way this kind of advert will play a big part in the anorexia pushing agenda of the media.

Look out for suggestive scenery, language and writing. Basically qualities of 'perception without awareness'.

I don't really know what to say.. I'm too angry to think properly. One of the biggest multinational corporations there is.. They created the home brand Santa Claus/Father Christmas image and pushed it on us.. Now this horrendous advert which to me seems like blatant social programming..

I really feel like this advert is most definitely part of the anorexia pushing agenda.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
"You should lighten up" ?!?

GIVE ME A BREAK.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I'll admit, I had to watch it and then read your post to understand what I was supposed to hate about it. I suppose you are probably right but ... meh...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

So I watched the video expecting to see something outrageous, and low and behold I did not. Puppets looking for a bag that perfectly fits their can of diet coke? OMG!!!!
Nothing in this video even strikes as remotely disgusting, or evil.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Ya no offense but I think you are looking into it a little too much. I see Coke advertising a Diet drink which is supposed to "lighten you up". Nothing wrong here.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It's just the usual BS. No biggie.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Nooooooo not a Diet Coke Koozie noooooooooooooo my Diet Coke is going to stay cold now.
edit on 6-9-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I've seen this advert dozens of time, never once has that crossed my mind.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I don't understand it either. The only thing i see is a completely unfunny advertisement for a #ty drink (i prefer real coke with real sugar instead of those 'light' things with whatever chemical they use to sweeten it)
One propably could get infuriated over how lame and pointless the ad is though

Sometimes i tend to believe that OP's like this are made from people working for advertisement companies, because they know everybody here watches the videos...i bet it works just perfectly

Every other one should propably stop looking at everything with a "They Live" type of thinking, looking and searching for 'hidden' things or subliminal messages that aren't there.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I too am speechless, a bag just for a can, what kind of upside down backwards world do we live in?

Puppets... insane.

or maybe its just another stupid commercial.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Eh??? I watched it twice and the only thing that stood the hairs up on the back of my neck was the fact that that bag totally did not match her shoes!

Lighten up!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I can see what you're saying.

They are showing puppets in a mall doing what all puppets do now a days, being a consumer.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Whether or not it is the true intention I can sort of see what you are saying. Big is bad. Only small is acceptable. Girls should aspire to small things. To be small. To drink diet coke in order to be small. "You should lighten up" could be code for"You're too fat...so drink diet coke and get skinny" like these darling little marionettes. Then you got that whole embracing of vapidness and materialism thrown in there just because its trendy. Hmmnmmm...perhaps I have been on this site too long

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Ah, I get it, you're pushing your obesity agenda, anything aimed at people trying to lose weight will be accused of pushing an anorexia agenda.
Cunning.

Lighten up

I'm more disturbed by the aspertame agenda in diet drinks, now that is worth discussing.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Who likes diet coke anyway?
It taste gross.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I dont know I can understand what the poster is saying.... like why would a woman want something smaller (being a mans penis) and then the guy of course saying you want bigger... then there is the purse that totally looks like a vagina... along with the people being puppets I suppose there are alot of possible symbolism

Oh yes to add when they show the coke can rolling inside the purse that looks like a vagina, you have a chandelier in the background looking like the tip of a penis about ready to be inserted.
edit on 6-9-2011 by thegoods724 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Why would 'the elites' want to push anorexia when obese people make them so much more money? Oh yeah that right they inexplicably want us all dead even though keeping us around as cattle consumers makes much more sense.

Has Jesus been sending you messages through your alphabits again?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Maybe I can pick up on the perception without awareness like most others can't?

Thats the point of perception without awareness. It is what its called.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoods724

What kind of girls are you looking at?
I've never seen a vagina that looks like a purse!
You need to upgrade sir.

PS Gays see a penis in everything.
edit on 6-9-2011 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
Maybe I can pick up on the perception without awareness like most others can't?

Thats the point of perception without awareness. It is what its called.

You have put your mood as "Psychedelic".

Might I be correct assuming that it is the start of the "Shroom" season in the UK?
Might be an idea to stay off the "ad" watching while feeling "Psychedelic".
No good will come of it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join