It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A study of tunnels/entrances/chambers into and below the Sphinx.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I forget which book it was in... could have been the Sirius Mystery, but the author makes a good argument that the sphinx is not a lion, but a dog, he argues this by discussing how dogs position their bodies, mainly their legs when they're laying down, as opposed to lions. And through this argument he says that it's a dog and not a lion. Anubis could be a good choice.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Engafan

Very true... All the evidence points to Anubis! I have seen egyption statues of lions, and as always, they are very accurate depictions... The Sphinx simply does does display any of these characteristics.... It's obvious when you view the statue with an open mind in my opinion..

PA

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PerfectAnomoly

You are quire correct... it would re-write history.. something which Hawass and the mainstream fear most... imagine throwing yourself into the commonly held believes of the ancient Egyptions, and dedicating your life's work to it... then, just as you have developed what you believe to be an extrememely sound understanding.... you find information which contradicts everything you have ever said to anybody on the subject! Lots of information....

You would have a choice at this point..... hide the truth, through fear of destroying your life's work and losing any reputation you acrued over the years, and attempt to mystify the ignorant with lies and tales...

Or

Come clean, admit pretty much everything you have ever said, lectured and supported is wrong..... destroy your reputation, the reputation of the egyption people, and completely re-write history..... not for the self -serving few this time....

Tough choice... but one that I believe was made years ago by mainstream egyptology..... the evidence is just SO OBVIOUS!!

Have a read of this if you get a chance... irrefutable proof of advance engineering techniques in ancient egypt.... even more advanced than today!

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Enjoy.

PA

Howdy

...the mainstream fears most..... odd after forty years association with Archaeology I've never come across anyone remotedly in 'fear' of this. Your prose above is the common fringe explanation of why their weak evidence isn't accepted - its cannot be that the fringe is wrong or the evidence is not supportive of the conclusion - its a conspiracy of the evil mainstream!! LOL

1. To advance successfully in Archaeology it helps a WHOLE lot if you discover new things, money, fame, tenure flow quickly to those that do so, those who do nothing tend to have lackluster careers. Ask Byrd if she plans on not discovering anything.....

2. If your theory is right nothing should have changed in the last 150 years since archaeology has been around .....wait things have changed-so how did that happen? Why were Sumer and the Minoans found?

3. Change happens all the time and is actually good because you then get to re-write books (and get paid) and request more money to investigate new avenues of scholarship. If nothing can change - what exactly do you do?

4. What you consider 'lots of information' isn't and can be explained without resorting to advanced humans, aliens or other mysterious agents.

5. The information you have posted as 'proof' again isn't - there are threads here debunking the machining angle

6. Thanks for the thread its always good to see the various sources on the Sphinx tunnels concentrated, oh when the person asked for the sources, mentioning a non peer reviewed book that gets it information from other sources doesn't cut it, I would suggest always noting the primary source for information.

Speculation: Yes I would say that the original shape of the Sphinx may have been annubis or perhaps a lion like creature with the head being modified later to satisfy the ego of 'x'

Thanks

Hans

edit on 9/9/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Excellent repost sir. An eloquently put and difficult to counter argument.

Hey... I was speculating.. Thanks for your obviously educated opinion. It only enriches my own knowledge...

PA

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join