It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A study of tunnels/entrances/chambers into and below the Sphinx.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

Funnily enough... I chuckled while through writing this.... every time I went to type "Sphinx", the word "Sphincter" would come up on the auto correct! coincendence, or conspiracy??!!

PA

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by bronco73

As the poster below says.... I just want people to see this information.... if I have to be a little self-serving to get it accross, then so be it..... not very often you see someone "bump" someone elses thread! I was under the impression that this was a commonly used method of re-energizing an argument for further comment...

Apologies for my lack of web decorum... and thanks for the kind words also..... appreciated.

PA

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaykun

Thank you kind sir... your comments and support are appreciated... glad you enjoyed the thread.

PA

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Thanks so much for sharing your quite extensive research on the Sphinx - I have always been fascinated with it. I also often wonder (I'm sure it's been checked out) if - considering the Sphinx is 'offset' from the line of the great pyramids - was there perhaps, originally another Sphinx, creating a gateway into the kingdom - I imagine a bit like the Pillars of Hercules if you know what I mean???

Thanks anyway S&F

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
Thanks so much for sharing your quite extensive research on the Sphinx - I have always been fascinated with it. I also often wonder (I'm sure it's been checked out) if - considering the Sphinx is 'offset' from the line of the great pyramids - was there perhaps, originally another Sphinx, creating a gateway into the kingdom - I imagine a bit like the Pillars of Hercules if you know what I mean???

Thanks anyway S&F

Hello mate... thanks for the comments. You are welcome....

I too have always been fascianted by the Sphinx.... steeped in so much mystery....

I am sure I have read somewhere recently that, may have been a thread on here, that the 3 main pyramids do not actually exactly match Orions belt star positions....Mycernius's pyramid does not fit exactly! From memory, I think it was proposed that they are actually a closer match to the contellation of Draco! Spookily....

What do you mean exactly when you say "offset" from the line of the pyramids? Can you elaborate?

Not see any evidence of another Sphinx pre-dating this one I must admit.. interesting conjecture though...

You are right in what you say though... that the Sphinx is some sort of "gateway".... I believe it was once adorned with the head of a Jackal.... (Actually, Anubis, which is commonly represented and tagged as a jackal... but is in fact an Egyption desert dog!) Anubis was seen as being the "protector of the necropolis", or protector of the burial places of the dead.... there are many references I have read that talk about Anubis being the protector of the "western heights", (Also known by many other names), that is commonly interpreted as the Giza Plateau. This obviously also ties in with my belief that it is not the body of a lion, but that of a dog!

PA

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
"Raised I to LIGHT,
the children of KHEM.
Deep 'neath the rocks,
I buried my spaceship,
waiting the time when man might be free.

Over the spaceship,
erected a marker in the form
of a lion yet like unto man.
There 'neath the image rests yet my spaceship,
forth to be brought when need shall arise."

Too bad Zawai Hawass is preventing anyone from really investigating the Sphinx secrets.

The Sphinx is not a lion, it's more a dog. Watch it carefully, compare with any other lion Egyptian sculptures, and you'll probably agree, or at least question the "lionity" of the Sphinx.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTheTrees

Originally posted by Raelsatu
"Raised I to LIGHT,
the children of KHEM.
Deep 'neath the rocks,
I buried my spaceship,
waiting the time when man might be free.

Over the spaceship,
erected a marker in the form
of a lion yet like unto man.
There 'neath the image rests yet my spaceship,
forth to be brought when need shall arise."

Too bad Zawai Hawass is preventing anyone from really investigating the Sphinx secrets.

The Sphinx is not a lion, it's more a dog. Watch it carefully, compare with any other lion Egyptian sculptures, and you'll probably agree, or at least question the "lionity" of the Sphinx.

I agree wholeheartedly with this opinion..... my post above alluded to it.......

"You are right in what you say though... that the Sphinx is some sort of "gateway".... I believe it was once adorned with the head of a Jackal.... (Actually, Anubis, which is commonly represented and tagged as a jackal... but is in fact an Egyption desert dog!) Anubis was seen as being the "protector of the necropolis", or protector of the burial places of the dead.... there are many references I have read that talk about Anubis being the protector of the "western heights", (Also known by many other names), that is commonly interpreted as the Giza Plateau. This obviously also ties in with my belief that it is not the body of a lion, but that of a dog!"

Star for you sir!

PA

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveTheTrees

Thses are my comments from earlier in the thread regarding the "dog like" appearance and the Thoth tablets....

"My initial observations of your comments suggest to me that it was written fairly recently, as the idea that the Sphinx's body is that of a lion is a fairly modern idea... I dont follow that theory... I believe it to have originally been a statue of Anubis... Which would explain the fact that it simply does not look like a lion.... It's back should rise towards the back of the neck if it was a lion... It's too "sleek"to be a lion in my opinion... The paws have been reconstructed first in the old kingdom, then by the Romans.. And later with modern stones... I Personally would love to be able to read the inscription found on one of the paws before the modern covering was applied...which is not documented... Not to mention the missing text of the dream stelae!"

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by PerfectAnomoly

S+F for the OP. Fascinating! I do have three questions though.

Any idea why these guys might have been so eager to seal this stuff off? I mean concrete has such a finality to it, what would have been the motivation? And wouldn't you think that sort of action would have been counter to every archaeologist's instincts?

I notice that your location is listed as Oxford. Are you connected with Oxford University?

Any clue to the true motivations for Hawas to close off serious investigation of the mysteries there?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Absolutely. Anubis, The Dog God. The original head would have been later carved in the shape of some I-to-IV Dinasty pharaoh. It perfectly fits with what we know so far.

You've written a truly interesting post btw. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ittabena

S+F for the OP. Fascinating! I do have three questions though.

Any idea why these guys might have been so eager to seal this stuff off? I mean concrete has such a finality to it, what would have been the motivation? And wouldn't you think that sort of action would have been counter to every archaeologist's instincts?

I notice that your location is listed as Oxford. Are you connected with Oxford University?

Any clue to the true motivations for Hawas to close off serious investigation of the mysteries there?

Thank you sir. Appreciated.

I will attempt to answer your questions....

There are many accounts of these tunnels and entrances from the period prior to 1953.... so they were well known about. In fact, Hawass and Lehner wrote a little know article regarding the rump tunnel in the 90's I think. I do not believe in the conspiracy part of this myth I must admit..... The chamber that is mentioned by so many accounts, (All of which have been linked by someone above), seems to have been formed during the Old Kingdon, utilising a natural fissure in the limestone of the plateau, which was enlarged to form the chamber. The entrance to the shaft that leads to this chamber is also well documented as stated in my OP, even given dimensions and distances from the neck and back of the Sphinx. Old pictures, (Pre 1900's), clearly show a large fissure in the back of the beast where the body meets the haunches, this fissure is what was utilised to create the shaft and chamber, and subsequently filled with cement by Braize. So, in their eye's, they wern't blocking up or covering anything that hadn't already been explored and extensively documented. there may have been an element of professional egotism involved also.....

Archeology in the days of Salt and Braize was a very different animal to that which is practiced now. There were no recordings of the positoin of artifacts discovered during the uncovering, (Something which happened many times in antiquity) or any plan to preserve/protect the monument in its originally discovered state. They, (Salt and Braize) seemed to have been more obsessed with smoothing out the ruffles so to speak...filling in the imperfections and adding purely aesthetic additional masonry to the original statue... (In fact, the bottom part of the headdress and the neck are ruined forever by the large ammounts of cement Braize used to "restore" them, not to mention the extensive alteration of the face to repair the huge gash in the upper left portion of the forehead. Concrete was also applied to other area's of the face to fill holes and irregularities). I would suggest that the restoration of the monument was the priority of both these men, (It could be said that they actually did more damage than good during their works). I believe they explored these tunnels and found the chamber. As previously stated, the rump tunnel also joins with this downwards shaft at the point where it ends in a concrete wall.

The chamber has been documented as having Old Kingdom hyeiroglyphs daubed on the walls, although people did not have the skills to decipher them at that time, is the chamber I would be very interested in seeing... at least them we could identify the pharoh it was formed for, and probably when. It may contain information of when it was formed, as is usual in egyption texts/tombs.

So all these tunnels were well documented and detailed at that time, it just seems modern egyptologists don't seem to pay much attention to anything pre-1954! This in itself could be evidence of conspiracy I suppose.....

In answer to your second question... no, I am not connected to OU in any way... except I do a fair bit of work for them... (I am a Mechanical services design engineer/estimator).

As far as Hawass's motivations for hiding this info, I hope I have proved, that it isn't really hidden... it's all out there in the public domain... you just have to dig a bit! Funny charachter was Hawass... in my opinion he was so obsessed with proving that it was the ancient egyptions, (his people), that built EVERYTHING on the the Giza Plateau, that any information, (of which there is plenty) to suggest otherwise... is dismissed.... selectively selected to back up his own arguments and ego...... Anyone that has seriously researched the constructions on the plateau can have no doubt that there are many significant contradictions to his arguments and the official parroted story... Good riddance to him... that's what I say!

So, to summarise, there is no real "mystery" as far as I am aware... the only real mystery is how egyptologists have ignored this prevelant information and ignored the blatant evidence that backs it up. Wouldn't be the first time though eh?

PA

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTheTrees

Absolutely. Anubis, The Dog God. The original head would have been later carved in the shape of some I-to-IV Dinasty pharaoh. It perfectly fits with what we know so far.

You've written a truly interesting post btw. Thank you.

you're welcome.. glad you enjoyed!

I reckon we can even go as far as stating who the pharoh was that recarved the head, (from the original neck of Anubis).... It is certianly not Khufu/Cheops, as it bears no resemblance to the only ramaining statue created in his likeness, no similarities at all I am afraid... We can get a lot of information from the pattern of the Nemes Headdress, which was very unique to certain dynastic periods, also, from the "eyebrows" of the Sphinx, which are actually painted lines meant to represent make up, again, only prevalent in certain periods....

The nemes lines and the eye makeup all point towards the pharaoh Amenemhet II of the twelfth dynasty.... who reigned from 1876-1842 BC. There is actually another Sphinx in the Louvre, named A23, which has the face of Amenemhet II.... when compared with the face of the Sphinx in Egypt the similarities are astounding... and obvious, all the way down to the unusual lips that don't meet in the corner of the mouth, but are enclosed by semi-circular muscles.... something that is not common on other statues, except those of Amenemhet II...

Fascinating!

PA
edit on 7-9-2011 by PerfectAnomoly because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Bump

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrathofall
Really makes you wonder why all the secrecy. Great post, thanks!

Something that would re-write history, I suspect...

I don't buy the ancient-alien stuff at all but I do believe that earlier societies could have been a lot more advanced than we're led to believe.

The one thing I always found most odd about the Iraq war was how quickly the museum was looted.

In Isis Unveiled there are mentions of two types of electricity - the brute electricity that we use right now, and an intelligent form of electricity that the ancients had possibly mastered...

Who knows really...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jessica6

Originally posted by wrathofall
Really makes you wonder why all the secrecy. Great post, thanks!

Something that would re-write history, I suspect...

I don't buy the ancient-alien stuff at all but I do believe that earlier societies could have been a lot more advanced than we're led to believe.

The one thing I always found most odd about the Iraq war was how quickly the museum was looted.

In Isis Unveiled there are mentions of two types of electricity - the brute electricity that we use right now, and an intelligent form of electricity that the ancients had possibly mastered...

Who knows really...

You are quire correct... it would re-write history.. something which Hawass and the mainstream fear most... imagine throwing yourself into the commonly held believes of the ancient Egyptions, and dedicating your life's work to it... then, just as you have developed what you believe to be an extrememely sound understanding.... you find information which contradicts everything you have ever said to anybody on the subject! Lots of information....

You would have a choice at this point..... hide the truth, through fear of destroying your life's work and losing any reputation you acrued over the years, and attempt to mystify the ignorant with lies and tales...

Or

Come clean, admit pretty much everything you have ever said, lectured and supported is wrong..... destroy your reputation, the reputation of the egyption people, and completely re-write history..... not for the self -serving few this time....

Tough choice... but one that I believe was made years ago by mainstream egyptology..... the evidence is just SO OBVIOUS!!

Have a read of this if you get a chance... irrefutable proof of advance engineering techniques in ancient egypt.... even more advanced than today!

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Enjoy.

PA

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
very interesting thread. ive read the link that you just recently posted about machinery used in Egypt. I believe there was machinery! the evidence they gave was very clear. also i read your link about the Sphinx's Secret tunnels and everything...im just wondering why they don't go out there and try to at least go deaper into the holes...with either a camera or man.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Very interesting read. I had always known there were tunnels, but not that they were so well known!
It's given me something to think about, and read up on more!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Wow outstanding thread PA, real nice work. I learned a lot from this thread extremely intriguing. I've had an interest in Ancient Egypt since the 5th grade. I'm 31 now but I'm as captivated as ever about Egypt and the sphinx . Question though, you believe that the sphinx is a lot older. How old do you think it is and does it pre-date Ancient Egypt itself or is ancient Egypt older than mainstream academia thinks? Thank you again for the great thread.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Now that you missed your 7 hour bump interval, I will do it for you.
Good thread, bad taste.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by FedtStensDyr

Now that you missed your 7 hour bump interval, I will do it for you.
Good thread, bad taste.

Please, if you are going to post in my thread, at least bring something positive to the discussion.... Do you actually have any views on the subject of the post, or are you just going to continue to highlight what appears to be your own personal issues with the widely recognised practice of "bumping"?

Please try to be a little less Obsessive compulsive and a bit more constructive......

PA

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join