It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul ad calls Perry Al Gore's "Texas cheerleader"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Showing images of himself with Ronald Reagan, explaining that he was one of only four Congressmen to back the “unelectable” Reagan in 1980 leading to the ‘Reagan Revolution’, after which he goes on to explain that Rick Perry fought to undo the Reagan Presidency by backing a Liberal big government Democrat in ’88. Calling him, what I found quite funny: Al Gore’s “Texas cheerleader”.

I wonder who the “Party of Reagan” will choose as their candidate. A man who headed the Texas campaign of Liberal Al Gore for President in 1988 to reverse the Reagan presidency or one of only 4 men of Congress to stand up for Reagan in 1980 when they called him “unelectable”.
edit on 9/6/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Whenever Candidates start the attack ads instead of discussing issues and details of their plans, I tend to shy away from them. Due to that, I can't even consider Obama at all this time in light of the venomous attack campaign he is waging. His failure to repudiate the threatening language and hate spewed by Hoffa was the final nail in the Coffin. Obama is the most divisive in my memory and we don't need another divider.

What I will do is look at Perry's record as Governor of Texas to guide my judgement of him and do the same in regards to Paul. If Paul stoops to negative attack ads it will only drive me away. I like most Americans I think are sick of that style of campaigning and leadership.

It's never what they say, its what they do that matters to me.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I continue to be impressed by Dr. Paul... he has ran for POTUS before as a republican and as a libertarian but this run is different he garnered the chairmanship of the house finance comity his whole carrier finally to achieve it just this past year..... he is walking away from that powerful position and his seat in the peoples hose to focus on this race because of its importance.... you just got to love someone who puts their own success and power behind the constitution and the country ........ West Virginia for Paul in 2012

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I agree Sir attack adds don't do it for me either .......in your search you should check out that the Lt.Governor of the state of Texas unlike most states has far more power than the Governor to affect policy and the legislature ...... thanks stupid carpetbaggers

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Actually the attack ads work now and you pretty much have to do it to an extent. Fear and attacking resonates with people more now since the start of the decade. If you aren't willing to attack your opponent with fact you can't gain traction. Just sign of the times and this is why you are not running RP's campaign.

It was exactly the kind of ad he needed.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
if you don't like attack ads then forget ads just look at RP's shinning voting record

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
That perry guy creeps me out.

Anyone whose hair looks like that cannot be trusted.

◦1989 At age 39, switched from Democrat party to Republican party “I intend to vote the same convictions,” Perry said. “The only difference is there will be an R beside my name.” Star-Telegram
◦1990 Elected as Texas Agriculture Commissioner
◦1993 At age 43, wrote a letter to Democrat Hillary Clinton expressing support for her health care reform proposal, describing Hillarycare as “most commendable”
◦2001 Signed the Texas DREAM Act giving illegal immigrants in-state tuition for Texas universities, creating a national movement to award aid to illegal immigrant students
◦2001 Expressed excitement that Texas Secretary of State Henry Cuellar was working on an initiative that would extend the benefits of telemedicine to individuals living on the Mexican side of the border
◦2002 Re-elected as Governor of Texas
◦2006 Re-elected as Governor of Texas
◦2007 Issued an executive order mandating that 6th grade Texas girls receive HPV vaccine GARDASIL® from Merck & Co.

Liberal Rick Perry

He was for Obamacare (when it was called Hillarycare) before he was against it!

Which loser candidate does THAT remind you of?

I think the MSM is trying to set the Republican party up for a big loss by making him into the front runner.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Whenever Candidates start the attack ads instead of discussing issues and details of their plans, I tend to shy away from them. Due to that, I can't even consider Obama at all this time in light of the venomous attack campaign he is waging. His failure to repudiate the threatening language and hate spewed by Hoffa was the final nail in the Coffin. Obama is the most divisive in my memory and we don't need another divider.

What I will do is look at Perry's record as Governor of Texas to guide my judgement of him and do the same in regards to Paul. If Paul stoops to negative attack ads it will only drive me away. I like most Americans I think are sick of that style of campaigning and leadership.

Make sure you research Rick Perry forcing girls to take gardasil shots and the potential dangers of the vaccine. I don't want a president force vaccinating anyone.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

The thing you guys don't get is that Rick Perry is the anointed one, everybody is putting out the stops to hit him hard and crash his numbers because he could very well ride an easy wave to the GOP nod if nobody tries to put some roadblocks in his way.

Never have I ever heard Ron Paul talk smack and make personal attacks before but at least now WE know he and his campaign are taking this presidential run seriously. He is no longer pandering to his grassroots fans by being the good doctor, he is strategizing on the American game board, marking his territory with the people, you know the dumb the vote.

I don't like attack ads anymore than you do and certainly don't think Rick Perry deserves any of the money the PEOPLE donated to Ron Paul's campaign but if I want to see Ron Paul even have the chance at the GOP nod, I'm going to back the campaign 100% because I believe in him that much. You see, we can see right through Perry and the others but the average voter can't, most of America thinks he is solely responsible for keeping Texas a growing economy while the rest of the nation was in recession, which is false, completely false.
edit on 6-9-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Did Ron Paul approve that ad?

I don't think so... it doesn't seem like something he would endorse at all. Ron Paul has never done this type of low-brow stuff before, I hope he isn't starting now.

That ad is also misleading, it tries to make Reagan a ``good guy``, but he was a war-mongering, big govt neocon. All in all that ad is just horrible, it gives a very misleading impression of Ron Paul in order to win over Reaganite voters.

Who ever made it should be fired.....
edit on 6-9-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: im stupid

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Ron Paul did approve that ad, they modified it to include his voice approving it. Why did he approve this? It is necessary to win, how can the campaign stand by and miss this huge opportunity to get Ron Paul in office? Everybody is taking shots at Perry, the is the GOP's goliath.

And on the Reagan deal, they're saying Ron Paul stood by the candidate Reagan which was for limited government, he stood by Reagan until he couldn't keep his promises any longer. Reagan did ok given his situation and the congress he was working with.
edit on 6-9-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

It's never what they say, its what they do that matters to me.Text

Then, by all means, peruse Ron Paul's record, as it speaks volumes.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
RP needs to bring up how Perry supported Hillarycare
And Perry's spending habits.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Damn, after this ad came out Perry's campaign released Ron Paul's republican party resignation letter.

What is ironic is that Ron Paul resigned his membership of the GOP because Reagan couldn't uphold his promises of smaller government nor was the GOP interested in reducing government size and waste (among other things).

What a complete and utter fail by Perry and his camp.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Do you ever stop to wonder why nobody can actually make good on their promises? Do you ever wonder why after that first meeting the new presidents come out looking pale as a ghost. The truth is often a very tough pill to swallow and that is a fact.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I have always been a fan of RP's gentlemen nature. However, after last election I realized I am not going to give money to a candidate unless they are willing to fight to win. This add is not necessarily a cheap shot at Rick Perry. After all, Rick Perry is a conservative turncoat, and should definitely be called out for that. I consider this piece a non smear. Rick Perry did advocate for democratic leadership and now passes himself off as a conservative.

I have no problem with people changing sides, but that side changing is fair game, especially in a Presidential election where the Establishment has endorsed Rick Perry. He needs to be called out for his past acts.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

It didn't have a Ron Paul endorsement at the end so probably not.
But hey.. if it gets some more republicans on board to vote Paul.. I'm okay with it.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Don't forget to read this material on Perry:

www.nationofchange.org...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Ohhh sorry.. I watched it again. I don't know how I missed that endorsement at the end? Really weird I don't know if I stopped it early or what.

Hmm.. it really is a strange and unusual direction for Paul. I noticed it was an unlisted video. Maybe it's for newsletters to a very particular audience? I don't know really. It was probably sent out in news letters to organization that have a lot of Reaganite subscribers.
edit on 7-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

that is spot on, Ron Paul is trying to reach the 50+ age bracket voters and most of them are very much fans or were fans of reagan. The 50+ bracket is Ron Paul's weakest support, this advertisement knocks 2 birds with one stone, guess which is the other bird.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join