It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Queens" chamber shafts.... Any more news??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Evening all... Last I heard, a team from Leeds uk were going in back in 2009... Been very quiet since then! Anyone else have any further information?

Is it just me, or has everything at Giza gone VERY quiet over the last 2 years or so... Even Hawass's website has no further updates past early 2009!!

PA

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hawas is no longer minister of antiquities. And on the shaft exploration, I have a thread here.

No recent news, I'm afraid...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I would really like to know what's going on over there. So much of Ancient Egypt's history has been kept secret most likely. Plus with Dr. Zahi Hawass resigning, I have no idea what direction the preservation of sites and museums is headed.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Any news anyone??

PA

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
We had news that all excavation work in Egypt had been suspended.
Prior to the suspension there was talk of a young woman who was on the verge of discovering Cleopatra's tomb.
Also word that DNA had been extracted from some Pharaoh's mummified bodies but the results were rumoured to be incompatable with other DNA extracted from lesser officials and people of the same era. This gave rise to the theory that the Pharaoh's were descended from the ET's.(!!??)
Much damage was reported in the famous Cairo Museum but is yet to be substantiated.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by OzTiger

Interesting.. when did this ban take effect? Recently?

PA

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by PerfectAnomoly
reply to post by OzTiger

Interesting.. when did this ban take effect? Recently?

PA

It was late last year I believe but I have just read on another ATS thread that permission has been given to carry on with the excavation of where Cleopatra's tomb is reported to be.
I have noted that the thread is by your good self. Well done.
edit on 10-2-2012 by OzTiger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Yeah... did a bit of digging on the ban, (Excuse the pun), and it seems things are to get moving again soon! Didn't think this ban applied to the Djedi project though.....STILL no news there... I will try emailing Mr Whitehead... see if we can get an update.....

Watch this space...

PA

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Just one question. Why do you think they are going to find anything in the shafts?. The shaft are nothing more than passage ways to allow the spirit to travel.
The pyramids were not intended to be a tomb. The whole idea of the great pyramid was for the Pharoah to visit the gods learn the knowledge held by them, return to the pyramid and using his mummified body he would then teach the world the secrets. Thats why theres 2 shafts one going to the Gods through the chamber known as the Kings and he would return through the Queens chamber shaft. The doors that lie within the shafts are in the mind of the ancient egyptians were magical doors and only the pharoah leaving or returning could open them. Thats how i understand it anyway. Thats why theres no treasure ever found in there because the pharoah was assumed to be coming back and thats where the legend of the living mummy was born.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by minor007

Hello sir.. and thanks for the addition to the thread....

I have never claimed, personally, that they will find anything once they open the "door", (Assuming it hasn't already been "opened").... I do not believe these shafts lead to rooms full of treasure or mystical secrets... that is not logical, and the majority of what the egyptions did was logical... if still mysterious.

I also do not believe they are shafts for the pharoah's spirit to travel through... if this was the case then the shafts from the "queens" chamber would not only exit on the external face of the pyramid, but would have also continued on into the chamber itself.... if you are not aware the internal openings of these shafts were not exposed in the "queens" chamber. A crack in the wall was the clue needed to find the first one... logic suggested that there would be another one in the opposite wall.

What you state above is the official line, which is the current explantion given the observable evidence. This explanation has been reverse engineered to fit in with the "pyramids as tombs" theory... which again, is the most common theory...because they thought the pyramids were tombs this is the only logical explanation they can come up with for the shafts, so you see, they are viewing them out of context in my opinion... If they were to drop the whole tomb theory and look at the shafts for what they are, and what characteristics they have.. they may reach another conclusion... as many others including myself have....

There are just so many things that the official story ignores....

Anyone that reads into the construction of the pyramids at Giza will know that these 3 pyramids in particular are highly unsual. These three were supposed to be the first buit.... yet all other pyramids in egypt are built with significantly less skill and precision..... all other pyramids in Egypt are internally adorned with all kinds of carvings and reliefs.... No such carvings/reliefs have ever been found in the great pyramid, (Excluding the red ochre paint discovered in one of these shafts which is yet to be deciphered, and the markings in the chambers above the kings chamber now thought to be forged by Vyse and his team, see below) or any of the Giza pyramids.... they differ significantly from the later models.... just as no sarcophogi have ever been found in a pyramid.. only one's that were put there at a much later date by a narcasisstic pharoah...

Quote "'Quarry Marks' exist in the relieving chambers above the King's Chamber, including one mark which is reported to indicate Khufu, the pharaoh under whose reign the Great Pyramid was built. One source suggests that these quarry marks were faked by Howard Vyse in 1837. The reasons give[n] are many, but the main ones are: These marks appear only in the 4 relieving chambers opend by Vyse and not in the original relieving chamber opened by Davison in 1765. Vyse's diary for that day described a thorough examination of the relieving rooms but no mention of the hieroglyphics and quarry marks. The marks were mentioned only the next day, when Vyse returned with witnesses. There are problems with the hieroglyphics in that they are a mixture of styles and syntax/usage from differing time periods of Egypt. And finally, in the marks bearing Khufu's name, mistakes were made. Those same mistakes occur in the only two hieroglyphics references that would have been available to Vyse at that time."

An anonymous Geocities web page takes this theory to heart, saying "The evidence outlined above shows beyond reasonable doubt that Vyse faked the inscription and that Khufu did not build the Great Pyramid." Of course, even if the inscriptions were fake, that alone does not disprove Khufu's ownership. If the "Made in China" sticker fell off a pair of sneakers, that does not mean that they suddenly sprang from Mexico instead." Quote.

Now, egyptology explains this discrepency by claiming the egyptions "lost" the skills and precision required to build such structures...... and therefore built badly constructed replica's... I don't buy this myself.... You say yourself that the pyramids were not built as tombs... why would the spirit need a shaft to escape from if this was not the actual burial place?

From my readings/investigations on the subject I believe there to be a somple explanation of what these shafts were for... but then without discovering the true purpose of the great pyramid, we cannot know what this small element was intended for.

All I know is that the acoustic properties of the pyramid, and the circumstantial evidence suggests some from of machine.... acoustic, electric or similar....

I just cannot entertain the fact that such precision was necessary for contruction of a tomb.... again, it is not logical.

PA

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
A quick update.....

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Seems they are still waiting for a new license! I was under the impression that the exploration had already been carried out by a team from Leeds, Uk, but that the results were not due to be published for a while.... following the correct peer review procedures.

Seems that STILL nothing has happened since 2002.... amazing.... I am speachless...

PA.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I think we can thank the Arab Spring and more specifically, the "Muslim Brotherhood" for the cessation of research at the pyramid sites. The social unrest, lack of stability and insecurity have caused fear and unrest to flourish and real research along with the necessary funds to dry up.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Ok... finally some news people.....

Just found a website that details all latest dicoveries...... and talks about the resumption of the project very soon!

emhotep.net...

Anyone been in contact with Shaun Whitehead??

PA

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
An update from the pen of Shaun Whitehead...... I must admit I'm disappointed....

Hello Peter

Thanks for your interest in the Djedi project. I can understand your frustration! The rather unglamorous truth is that the project has only ever been a part-time one for us; it has no funding or particular support from the SCA, so we have worked on a best-efforts basis up to May 2010, and could generally only visit Egypt during the university vacations. We have all the tools and instruments to look beyond both blocking stones in each shaft. Unfortunately, as we were preparing to return, the problems began in Egypt. Along with all other missions, we had to resubmit our application. We did, around 15 months ago, and we have since been assured that we can go back "when things settle down".

We have not penetrated the second blocking stone, it is not even clear that it is safe or sensible to do so. Almost all of our findings were published in the formal report in ASAE. This is the right way to do things, unlike missions who reported on findings in the media and never published anything properly.

I am currently working on my own interpretation of the Djedi story as well as the history and significance of the shafts. When this is complete it will again be published in the proper way.

I'm afraid that I can't add anything more but I hope this has at least answered a large part of your question.

Regards

Shaun Whitehead

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Thanks for the update mate. It looks like we are in for a long wait before further exploration will be permitted.

top topics

join