It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw... something?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Ok everyone, I was out camping with my family at a state park. Sitting around the camp fire the first night, I noticed a light in the sky that looked like it was pointing down (not at us or anything, it looked very high up. The only reason I say down is because there were other less bright lights that were pointing in the direction it was originally moving.)

The object then began to move sideways as well as forward (without the forward lights turning). All the while there was still a light pointing down and more than one pointing "forward". Then the downward swung forward and the whatever it was started moving straight forward. Then either all its lights shut off or it disappeared.

I know pics or it didn't happen. But I'm not trying to pass off anything, just wondering, is any plane or helicopter (more likely) allowed to fly without lights. If it was a helicopter, I couldn't hear it. I was just wondering what it could have been if anyone has any ideas. I appreciate it.

Also it was a clear night.

Thanks,
Matt

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TruePatriot1685

I think what you saw was indeed a UFO. Its much more common to see UFO's in wilderness and state parks. While im not saying its an alien spacecraft, it could be an Militart secret budget saucer which we know they have and posses.

Were there any military bases within 50 miles of you? What national park were you staying in?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

post by TruePatriot1685
If it was a helicopter, I couldn't hear it.

That was my first thought , it would fit with having a light pointing down .
If it was a mile or so away and the breeze at that altitude going away from you then perhaps you wouldn't hear it .
Just a thought

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jward01

It was Allegheny state park. New York state. I am not sure of whether or not there is a base near there. Thanks for the reply. It was surely unidentified. I wouldn't even venture a guess as to it being alien or not.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Aircraft are required to have lights for identification purposes and for safety measures. There's some info about it here: Linky

With that said, there have been rumors of secret military craft flying with no lights at all. Of course that's hard to prove, but I've seen a lot of videos posted on ATS over the years of people using infrared to film aircraft that weren't visible to the naked eye. (eta: During the dark that is, because there were no lights on the craft. Just wanted to fix that because otherwise it might sound like people had been filming aircraft that weren't visible to the naked eye during daytime and I haven't seen any video evidence of that, haha!)

Looks like you got a real mystery there! It sure is aggravating when you see something that you can't explain and want to know what it is, but can't figure it out. I've been there several times, lol. Someone may come along with an answer for what you saw, but for now, sounds like it really is unidentified!

edit on 9/6/2011 by gemineye because: add info

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I would have said helicopter too, but I am having a tough time describing how it moved but it wasn't very helicopter-esque. And the lights shutting off really threw me. But I also don't know if there are any strange military helicopters that can move like that. Like I said, posting this because it was really strange and I figured if anyone could help me figure it out, its the people on here.

Thanks,
Matt

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Yea it is the lights that bothered me most. I didn't think that aircraft could fly without, but wasn't sure. Haha so narrowed down to illegal or secret aircraft, or an alien

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I have found a report that you may be interested in , the sighting occurred : 5/20/2009 23:00 at Allegheny State Park, NY . does it sound anything like your sighting?

I saw this craft making very quick turns and dips in the sky. I thought that my eyes were playing tricks on me so I moved away from the fire to adjust my eyes. I kept track of this object and my eyes got adjusted so I continued to view this object. The thing that made me want to report this craft was how it was making very quick turns and dips in the night sky. It flew and moved in a triangular flight path. It moved into this position in about 1 second. It did this about 10 more times.
www.nuforc.org...

edit on 6-9-2011 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Hey awesome! That is almost exactly how it moved. It never made a triangle but it did move erratically zigzag and such. Couldn't tell if it was round with the downward pointing light though. But very cool though, thanks for finding that. Everyone I was with saw it. It was funny we all joked about it being a UFO since it was moving so strangely, then it disappeared and no one knew what to say. Seriously though, thank you

Matt

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
it coulda been a UFO. Or it could have been some other experemental aircraft that the government was testing. They seem to be good at testing different wheapons and aircraft without saying anything. I say go back agian and tryin catch some footage of it or see if you can see it agian.

top topics

join