It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Top Secret Society/Organization in the UK?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Area 51 is probably the most top-secret in USA. What about UK?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Minime

I hate to burst your bubble, but...

The most Top Secret in the U.S. is the one we don't know about.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawk

Originally posted by Minime

I hate to burst your bubble, but...

The most Top Secret in the U.S. is the one we don't know about.

You got me there, but you did'nt answer my question.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Same again I imagine, we don't know about the most top secret place here either..

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Are 51 is neither a society or an organization, it is a military installation, and it's really not much of a secret anymore, either. As for the original question, only the people involved are likely to know, and they are probably not going to be too keen on divulging information. Just a thought...

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Minime, think carefully about what you post.

Your question defy's logic, especially on this site, and was answered by Hawk quite aptly.

Must try harder - D minus

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
One of the most secret organisations in the UK must be the newly formed equivalent of the 14th Intelligence Company which is said to have been recently tasked to infiltrate al qaeda terrorist groups in the UK and abroad.

zero lift

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by zero lift
One of the most secret organisations in the UK must be the newly formed equivalent of the 14th Intelligence Company which is said to have been recently tasked to infiltrate al qaeda terrorist groups in the UK and abroad.

zero lift

But not such a big secret now!!

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Koka wrote

But not such a big secret now!!

Strange statement from someone who says "Deny Ignorance"

I got the story from the Telegraph. After reading the article it's obvious that they got the story as a "leak" (or "puff piece" as they are also known) from the Regiment.

www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2004/07/25/nrsr25.xml&sSheet=/news/2004/07/25/ixnewstop.html

Britain forms new special forces unit to fight al-Qa'eda
By Sean Rayment, Defence Correspondent
(Filed: 25/07/2004)

A new special forces regiment is being created to infiltrate Islamic terrorist groups such as al-Qa'eda, The Telegraph can reveal.

The Reconnaissance and Surveillance Regiment will work closely with the Special Air Service and the Special Boat Service. Its mission will be to penetrate groups, either directly or by "turning" terrorists into double agents.

It will be given the authority to operate around the world, working closely with friendly intelligence agencies such as the CIA and Mossad.

Security chiefs hope that the regiment, comprising up to 600 troops, will run a network of agents providing the West with accurate intelligence on potential terrorist operations, allowing attacks to be foiled. It will at first be formed from members of a highly secret surveillance agency - the Joint Communications Unit Northern Ireland - which has worked in Ulster for more than 20 years. The unit, which worked with the SAS, MI5 and the Special Branch, perfected the art of covert surveillance in urban and rural areas and created a network of double agents who supplied the British security forces with intelligence on terrorist attacks.

Its success stemmed from its ability to plant listening devices and cameras in the homes and cars of terrorists, to bug phones and to monitor suspects at close quarters.

Such was the secrecy surrounding the unit that few of its operations were made public. Members of the unit are, however, some of the most highly decorated men and women in the Services.

One of its successes was providing the information for the SAS operation in 1988 which led to the shooting dead of three IRA terrorists who were planning to attack British forces in Gibraltar. The unit also took part in an operation that thwarted an IRA plot to attack a police station at Loughgall, County Tyrone, in 1987. Eight IRA members were killed by the SAS in a carefully planned ambush.

Volunteers for the regiment, both male and female, will be taken from all three branches of the Armed Forces. Officers are keen to recruit those of Middle Eastern or Mediterranean appearance, as well as Muslims and members of ethnic minorities.

Recruitment has begun and volunteers must pass an intensive six-month training course, learning covert surveillance, communications, driving skills and first aid as well as close-quarter battle skills, using a variety of weapons. Priority will be given to those able to infiltrate or blend in with Islamic terror groups, rather than, as with the SAS, their fitness or fighting capabilities.

One officer said: "The SAS's role is essentially to kill people. This new regiment's role is to provide the intelligence for the SAS to do that."

Those who pass - a 90 per cent failure rate is expected - will be sent on an Arabic course at the Armed Forces language school at Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire.

The unit will be commanded by a lieutenant colonel with a special forces background, although not necessarily a member of the SAS, and will be based in South Wales. He will report to the Director of Special Forces.

zero lift

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Sorry, did'nt think about this thread. Please lock.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Zero Lift,

My only comment on the special group, since I can not deny nor endorse if it is real. But there is a thing in the intellegance world called "misimformation". As being an ex-US Marine who was involved with intel and special ops, it sounds like that might be what the "leak" is. Military orginizations very rarely let things to that nature 'slip out', unless they want to.

Why leak it? Cause it gets the terrorist scared. "is this guy next to me a spy? Can I trust the guy, or is he British intel?" Scared people do stupid things. This tactic is called a seed, its a seed planted into an orginization, may or may not be true, doesn't matter, but the mistrust that happens in that orginization because of the 'seed' destroyes them from the inside.

Also, the British are pretty much the inventors of modern misinformation, during ww2. Though it had be around before, they with help from the US and other allies took it to a new level of deception. So its not a far reach to say the British would do this now. (always glad to be allies with you crafty Brits)

Again, I am not debunking your information, or if it is real. I just thought I would throw out another idea of what the information could be.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Darktalon wrote

Also, the British are pretty much the inventors of modern misinformation, during ww2. Though it had be around before, they with help from the US and other allies took it to a new level of deception. So its not a far reach to say the British would do this now. (always glad to be allies with you crafty Brits)

Yep Darktalon, I'm sure you're right. You are the first person I've come across on this board who acknowledges how sneaky the UK can be.

I research the history of the UK's past CBW research and it is riddled with examples of misdirection (the UK would never misinform -ahem-). For example, during the mid 1950s the UK assured NATO that it had a major CW manufacturing capability...even the US were convinced. But I've got a declassified War Office document that says we didn't have this capability and were going to rely on US CW munitions in a global war.

Needless to say, the document was originally classified TOP SECRET GUARD- this translates as don't let the US see this document

zero lift

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Yeah also in the SWW (Second World War) the U.K stole the germans V3 rockets that were going to be used to decimate US citys and then made them believe that the plane carrying this weapon had been destroyed

The germans were also "misinformed" and then fired a lot of their most advanced (new in them times) weapons at an old abandoned oil tanker believeing it was an allied naval fleet

I have also heard of other instances of where "Mock" armys have been made to destact enemys (such as tents ect and moving componants but not Humans) to make all enemy focus on that area (with false communications going back and forth) which catches the enemys compleatly off guard

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crash
I have also heard of other instances of where "Mock" armys have been made to destact enemys (such as tents ect and moving componants but not Humans) to make all enemy focus on that area (with false communications going back and forth) which catches the enemys compleatly off guard

The D-Day invasion of Calais is the master of them.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Just one question:

How can clandestine military organisations be classed as "Secret Societies"?

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by zero lift

Yep Darktalon, I'm sure you're right. You are the first person I've come across on this board who acknowledges how sneaky the UK can be.

We are really sneaky. In fact, we are so sneaky, most people don't notice.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cjwinnit

Originally posted by Crash

The D-Day invasion of Calais is the master of them.

This is very true, papier mache tanks and men were created and posted along the south coast of England to try and mis-direct the German's as to where the Normandy landings would take place. However, as far as I was aware the 'fake armies' were not an English idea but an American one: General Patton's.

Can anyone confirm this?

HTMB

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeyThatsMyBike
However, as far as I was aware the 'fake armies' were not an English idea but an American one: General Patton's.

Can anyone confirm this?

"Secrecy was absolutely crucial. To mislead the Germans, the British devised ingenious deception plans, notably Operation Fortitude. They deliberately transmitted and broadcast all the radio traffic generated by US forces in south-west England, and British and Canadian forces in south central England, from radio stations in Kent. Vast, fake army camps appeared around Maidstone and Canterbury, with thousands of partly concealed dummy tanks and aircraft.

One of the Allies' most flamboyant generals, George Patton, toured the area. German agents 'turned' by MI5 leaked the news that the Allies' most powerful assault formation, US 3rd Army, was destined to assault the Pas de Calais.

The deception worked. The Germans concentrated their most powerful formation, 15th Army, in the Pas de Calais. Normandy was held by the smaller, but still formidable 7th Army. Had 15th Army had turned up on D-Day, the landings would probably have ended in disaster."

www.bbc.co.uk...

This is from the BBC so it may not tell the full story.

But Churchill made a salient point: whenever the planning for D-Day started, if he called an allied commander he wouldn't know if it were a Brit or an American until they turned up. in the planning stages it was a total alliance.

[edit on 25-8-2004 by Cjwinnit]

top topics

join