It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is NASA completely owned by the U.S government ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Most people take it for granted it is , but there have been claims it is not.
Nascars have sponsor logos on race cars, is it possible the American flag on U.S. spacecraft is a logo from it's largest benefactor ?
I am curious to see what people think and believe.
Yes I know NASA stands for Never A Strait Answer.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
NASA was started with Nazi scientists that they brought over after world war 2. Look up project paperclip. You never get a straight answer from them because they are working hard trying to bring in the one world government. That takes a lot of deception.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

No, NASA is not owned by the US government.

It's 'Owned' by the American people...the US government / DoD basically have stolen it from the people for their own purposes.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

I am aware of the Nazi scientists and project paperclip all the more reason for my question .
Also the fact that the Federal Reserve is not a part of the Federal government. What about NASA ?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Whoever owns the politicans / president / parties owns NASA.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
If there was any truth to what you say, those other countries/corporations/benefactors should ask for a refund! In my opinion there has been far too little success for the money the U.S. government has spent on NASA. Which makes my think it is a wholey owned agency of the U.S.A.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
As far as I know, NASA is a US govt. agency and is funded by congress.

The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA, /ˈnæsə/) is an executive branch agency of the United States government, responsible for the nation's civilian space program and aeronautics and aerospace research. Since February 2006, NASA's self-described mission statement is to "pioneer the future in space exploration, scientific discovery and aeronautics research."[4]

Link

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheHistorian

NASA has done more to further our understanding of the universe and our place in it than any
other organization in history, and continue to do so on a fraction of the budget the U.S military recieve annually.If I was an American citizen I would be immensely proud of their accomplishments.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
reply to post by TheHistorian

NASA has done more to further our understanding of the universe and our place in it than any
other organization in history, and continue to do so on a fraction of the budget the U.S military recieve annually.If I was an American citizen I would be immensely proud of their accomplishments.

Russian space agency has done more to further our understanding of LIVING in the universe than any other organisation in history and continue to do so on a fraction of the budget the US recieves anually. If I was a Russian citizen I would be immensely proud of their accomplishments.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

If you actually look into it you're right, NASA has accomplished some truly amazing things. On the link I posted they even showed how NASA helps spur the economy. Quite a few must haves were invented by NASA scientists. It's not just about space exploration it's about pushing the envelope.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
NASA's accomplishments could be discussed on another thread.
At this point there is no convincing evidence NASA is owned by the U.S. government. U.S.A is not even in it's name. U.S. air force, U.S marines , U.S. navy, U.S army, U.S. coast guard. NASA , federal reserve ?
CIA , I understand ,because they do what ever they want and answer to noone.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

I showed you a link that clearly states NASA is funded by the US govt. and is a US govt. agency. I don't really know how else to convince you. We have Dept. of Homeland Security, DEA, FBI, DoD, EPA etc... Doesn't have to have the countries name in it to belong to a certain country.

new topics

top topics

join