It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full-scale Middle East war is 'imminent', warns Israeli general

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Full-scale Middle East war is 'imminent', warns Israeli general

www.telegra ph.co.uk

"After the Arab Spring, we predict that a winter of radical Islam will arrive," Major-General Eyal Eisenberg told a press conference in Tel Aviv.

"As a result the possibility for a multi-front war has increased, including the potential use of weapons of mass destruction."

But yesterday Israel's Defence Minister Ehud Barak did his best to discredit General Eisenberg's dramatic prediction.

While touring the Syrian border in Israel's north he said he could see no reason for Israel's adversaries to launch a large-scale conflict. "I am also convinced that none of our enemies will
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Wouldn't surprise me in the least if a major war in the Middle East kicks off within the next couple of years. Ever since the Islamist party was elected within Turkey they have seemed to try and take the country towards a far more Islamist based future. Where they have step by step turned their backs on their previous allies in the west and tried to appeal more to the other Islamist countries like Syria and Iran. Syria would also likely be involved. If they could make it seem like Israel was the aggressor they could use it to unite the people against them and not the Syrian government.

www.telegra ph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

I'm so sick of the state of Israel. Full scale war eh? Why not, the USA is doing a fine job of moving the wars from one Middle Eastern nation to another. It's time Israel joins in I suppose.

These pointless wars need to end asap.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Isn't it always imminent?

That's how it's seemed my whole lifetime...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
If anything close to a world war is going to happen anytime soon then it certainly looks as though it will start in the Middle East. Remember that the west wouldn’t just be onlookers; we can’t keep our sticky fingers out of these regions in the name of peace.
edit on 6-9-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RoswellCityLimits

Same as..... Although luckily TPTB have stopped alot of wars by the good old fashion method of going to war

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Israel's Defense Minster and another General have dismissed this guy. One even calls him "a very young General."

Heres what may have happened: Dude's new to the job, sees some intelligence he's never seen as a lowly soldier and blabs his personal fears to the media a bit.

End of story, war is always imminent when ignorance is prevalent.

Buuuut, the US is too poor and spread too thin to back Israel so maybe that's why this guy's freakin out.

Maybe Israel's just realized its a sh*t talkin rapper with no posse. Quit frontin Israel. Do the right thing.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

If they could make it seem like Israel was the aggressor

If they could make Israel seem like the aggressor? Israel is, and will be, the aggressor. At least according to the UN and parts of NATO.

Buuuut, the US is too poor and spread too thin to back Israel so maybe that's why this guy's freakin out.

Hence the desperate (recycled) attempts to show a threat of WMDs. Yes, that's exactly what all these Muslims will do when the UN recognizes a Palestinian state, they will celebrate their hard earned freedom and victory by attacking Israel and killing everyone, then on to the west. Yes, to celebrate their new found state they will obviously do everything within their power to immediately legitimize it, and cause it's destruction.

The middle east has been, and will be, a tinder pot just waiting for the right spark. The motions Israel and the Us go through while "dealing" with this problem does nothing but fan the flames, and ensure the eventual war they are so intent to stopping.
edit on 6-9-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It is imminent but when it happens the major oil fields will come under no harm, only enough of them to justify doubling the price at the pumps. I call racket.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRemedial

The US's biggest foreign supplier of Oil is..... Canada.

The Iraq war is only possible because of the Tar sands in Alberta. Canada holds the largest untapped oil reserves on earth.

Think about that as the price rises at your pumps because of the wars in the middle east.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoswellCityLimits
Isn't it always imminent?

That's how it's seemed my whole lifetime...

Just what I was thinking.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Isreal is becoming a tiresome subject......

Regards
Lee

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Finally something worth watching on TV.
... or at least that's what the majority of Americans think when they hear of a new major war.

Rather sad isn't it?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
This is a very well devloped code between the US and Israel; after years of cpu time and untold amounts of data processed the algorithm has been broken by a team of dedicated researchers --

The translation -

"Please send more money - kthxby"
edit on 6-9-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee
Isreal is becoming a tiresome subject......

Regards
Lee

I was just thinking it reminds be of a small, insignificant yappy dog that barks all the time yet people take no notice and just carry on as usual.

Eventually though another dogs patience runs out and then it doesnt yap any more.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The next world war is shaping up, and its probably gone kick off in the middle east, I don't think that is such a radical military prediction from a seasoned general?

Im pretty sure most of us here on ATS pretty much think the same thing.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I doubt we'll see much action on this, immediately. The Arabs seem to be learning from past demonstrations of incompetence in dealing with Israel. They haven't attempted an invasion in quite some time... they finally figured out that it's not very productive to invade and end up losing territory.

They will organize a Pan-Islamic state long before they attempt an invasion. It will take a few years to organize and get their infrastructure straightened out. It will then be a few more years to a decade or more before they are capable of fielding any military force worth mentioning (their own individual military forces at present are not really what one would call up to snuff).

At which point, Israel needs to be worried about direct military action. Which, to be honest, I am not sure I see that happening. Israel will likely seal its own fate and end up alienating too many of its supporters while simply being absorbed into the Islamic state by means of economics.

The U.S., by that point, will likely be in the throngs of civil war or crushed under the weight of its social programs and only slightly more relevant, on the global scale, than Greece.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
'imminent' huh?

Good,whatever,lets get it over with already.

How many people are already dying in "un-declared" wars already?

The constant fear mogering over these "coming" wars are being used to furthur agendas.

If its enevitable,than people are going to die anyways,so let everyone do their worst and sort things out when its all over.

Besides,look how at what this world is turning into anyways,a "final" war could reset things,that or a asteroid.

This is tiresum,fear and anticipation of horrible events,on and on and on......

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

No, its looking like it will involve Turkey (which is not Arab) and all of NATO.

They wont be dealing with the likes of Syria, it will be the whole of the EU which will crush them.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Earlier discussion here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join