It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockstar is at it again... GTA V full of conspiracies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
If you played Grand Theft Auto San Andreas you probably already knew that Rockstar loves conspiracies. Apparently they are at it again:
www.citizenskywatch.com...
forums.2kgames.com...
According to some news sources this will be the site for GTA 5.
Can't wait to see what GTA 5 will be like. I played every GTA since GTA 3.

Rockstar...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
ugh okay??

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
u havent played the old school top down ones? those are the best

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Well from the clues left in GTA 4 (liberty city) we should expect a return to the west coast, possibly back to San Andreas, but more than likely a single highly detailed locale like LA or something equally recognizable as New York was. They dropped hints in game via billboards and other things.

I can't wait, after red dead redemption I can't imagine the new GTA being as lag ridden as gta4 was on ps3, I expect epic-ness.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by toothpastert
u havent played the old school top down ones? those are the best

No they aren't

Stop doing that thing where you act like you knew about a game before everyone else. The modern GTAs have done more to break gaming out of a mold(and also create a new one) than any other game. I played the first ones back when they were released and even for the time they were clunky and had zero story in between go here work for this guy now this guy. The new ones were for their times a triumph of graphics, gameplay and story-telling. the first two and the London add-on have nothing even on GTA3.

I was kinda hoping they would do set it somewhere exotic like Russia or South Africa. But I guess they could be continuing story lines or something.
edit on 6-9-2011 by FEDec because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by InshaAllah

I gave you a kibble. Now go back under the bridge and quit harassing the townspeople.

MOTF!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Is there any other evidence of this being related to GTA5 aside from the site being owned by RockStar? I'm thinking this could be for any RockStar game. A part of me would love for the next one to be based in downtown Seattle (my old stomping ground) and the website seems to be based in Seattle but... there is also references to aliens. That would totally ruin GTA.

I hope this is just for some other RockStar game which will be awesome, I'm sure, but hopefully won't drag GTA into some sci-fi conspiracy game.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Is there any other evidence of this being related to GTA5 aside from the site being owned by RockStar? I'm thinking this could be for any RockStar game. A part of me would love for the next one to be based in downtown Seattle (my old stomping ground) and the website seems to be based in Seattle but... there is also references to aliens. That would totally ruin GTA.

I hope this is just for some other RockStar game which will be awesome, I'm sure, but hopefully won't drag GTA into some sci-fi conspiracy game.

hah what are you going to going to steal in downtown Seattle some hipsters fixie? Hold on that might actually be fun, they should include a stolen bike craigslist mini-game
edit on 6-9-2011 by FEDec because: missing H

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This isn't for GTA, Its not even for Rockstar. It is for a game called XCOM and its made by 2k games.

www.xcom.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

and this is one of my first posts, even though i registered awhile ago.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FEDec

Originally posted by Cuervo

hah what are you going to going to steal in downtown Seattle some hipsters fixie? Hold on that might actually be fun, they should include a stolen bike craigslist mini-game
edit on 6-9-2011 by FEDec because: missing H

I don't know... I always thought being woken up with the screech of tires and the rolling echo of small-arms fire occasionally was pretty fun when I lived on 3rd and Bell. I think it's definitely content-laden enough to provide a back drop for GTA. Besides, it's RockStar! They could make an Amish farm seem hip and dangerous.
edit on 6-9-2011 by Cuervo because: Removed exaggeration

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxblade93xx
This isn't for GTA, Its not even for Rockstar. It is for a game called XCOM and its made by 2k games.

www.xcom.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

and this is one of my first posts, even though i registered awhile ago.

I hope you are right. That site fits XCOM way better than GTA. Also, 2K pretty much is RockStar. They made the first GTA even.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Aw Im just angry cause Ill probably never see a GTA Jo'burg. Working for the numbers gangs, stealing hiluxes, Maxnormal all on the radio.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

At the time they were amazing, and many people still play them multiplexer online. (loook in to it, its free.The great things about the old ones are they are pretty much exact;y the same s the 3D ones, the only diffrence is they didn't have the technology yet. I play gta2 from time to time still, I showed it to my little brother and he thought it was pretty bad ass. So stop the hate fool.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiderbadarse
reply to post by FEDec

At the time they were amazing, and many people still play them multiplexer online. (loook in to it, its free.The great things about the old ones are they are pretty much exact;y the same s the 3D ones, the only diffrence is they didn't have the technology yet. I play gta2 from time to time still, I showed it to my little brother and he thought it was pretty bad ass. So stop the hate fool.

Oh no they weren't, Im sick of this. Nostalgia just blinds people into saying old games were better when they really weren't. I'm quite aware that they are free as they along with a butt-load of abandonware exists on my removable HDD along with dosbox. I keep them for the nostalgia value but 5 minutes of playing remind me why I don't keep it installed. The worst camera angle ever used in any game ever? Check. Constant gridlock making traveling around the city an all day affair? Check. Zero story outside of go here, do this? Check.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
played em all and they where all epic when they came out, but i mean five. they got to totally revamp it to get me intrested again. im thinking 1st person fps style roam with the option of 3rd person viewing. but ya its needs a new look bad

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Your thinking of "Take 2". 2K games has nothing to do with R*.
2K I beleive have some part in Bioshock Games. "2K Marin"?
edit on 6-9-2011 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by InshaAllah

I hope not, Third person all the way for GTA.
I won't be getting my hopes up like with GTAIV, I was so excited and we got very little of what we were expecting.

Don't get me wrong I still loved it and spent 2 years playing it online.
L.A. Noire was so short lived I still haven't completed it yet, I rarely play it.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
reply to post by Cuervo

Your thinking of "Take 2". 2K games has nothing to do with R*.
2K I beleive have some part in Bioshock Games. "2K Marin"?
edit on 6-9-2011 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

Crap, you're right! I was totally thinking of Take 2. Nevermind, then.

top topics

join