It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey Results: The 9/11 Attacks & Conspiracies - September, 2011

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

A lot of people believed a lot of nonsensical things in 2003. That doesn´t necessarily mean that they believe the same nonsense today. I´d be interested in hearing Mr. Lear´s opinion on this nowadays.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
[9 11 The Conspiracy Road Trip HDTV XviD-FTP Release Name: 9.11.The.Conspiracy.Road.Trip.HDTV.XviD-FTP Air Date: 08 September 2011: FTP Release Date: 09 September 2011: Video Format: HDTV: Video Resolution: 624 X 352: Audio Stream: 128kbs ish VBR MP3: Release Size: 39 Files 550MB: ]

Genre: Documentary: Broardcast Channel: BBC HD: Description: Comedian Andrew Maxwell meets five British people who believe some of the conspiracy theories that have emerged in the 10 years since the September 11, 2001 terror attacks in America. Hoping to convince them to accept the official findings of the US government, which placed the blame with al-Qaeda and Osama bin Laden he takes them on a road trip from New York to Washington, visiting Ground Zero, the Pentagon and Shanksville in Pennsylvania

URL Link: www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Dear ATS community,
My dealings with conspiracies runs back 45 years. There are some things that I believe to be true only after passing the information recieved thru my own strict rules of logic. Or sometimes witnessing an 'effect' or a 'train of events' firsthand will also help me in my final determinations of truth or falsehood.

There is actually a great many forms of phenomena that I believe to be factual. Therefore, it stands to reason that there will be some events that I believe to be false and/or untrue.
A 9/11 conspiracy, either regarding a wayward government distroying it's own people or creating a 'reason for further retaliation' to be completely false.
I am appalled at the ATS community for their ignorance and naivete regarding Nine-Eleven. The majority of you need to know where to draw the line. Look at all the silly conspiracies that have proven to be UNTRUE over the years. Wayward conspiracies are not the norm. They are a rarity. Remember the old saying about a duck.
Remember this my young (and middle aged too) researchers, there are more ducks than not.
And what happened on 9-11 was as main stream America originally assessed it.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Very interesting:

From the Fifth Edition of 9/11 Synthetic Terror: The 46 Exercises and Drills of 9/11

Webster G. Tarpley on Guns & Butter
Guns & Butter
September 07, 2011

tarpley.net...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
All this 9/11 stuff is a big huge pile of crap.....

How many hours have you "ATS'ers" put into this????

And what have you proved? Nothing.......

Get a life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

Originally posted by Six Sigma
Results leaning strongly toward a conspiracy on a conspiracy website? Who would have thunk?

The vast majority of those who took part in the poll are not members of this 'conspiracy theory' website 6000+ Members Vs 35000+ non members.

So, no...not as cut and dried as you seem to have thunk.

They may not be members but they are visitors to the site, yes?

What kind of people visit a conspiracy related site, generally? The answer is "basically the same type of people who become members - those with an interest in the subject".

So yes, pretty much as cut and dried as he thunk, regardless of the guest/member break down.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
If you want to see different results which are equally as meaningless, go post the same poll on the Randi forums.
edit on 9-9-2011 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Don't know if this video has been shared in this thread yet or not but here it is!

(ALL MUST SEE)

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
wow 6k members 35k guests. i didnt remember guests in the other surveys but great idea facinating to compare the results.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
not that suprised by the results. I cant quite remember but I think it was a 2003 poll, that said about 53% of Americans felt suspiscious about 9/11.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
You need a purely faith-based frame of mind to buy these impossible official fables.

Maybe as many as 20% of Americans are this dysfunctional.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
it's funny how, when a poll agrees with you, it's a glorious and wonderful thing...and when a poll disagrees with you, it's "just a poll...not a real representation of the overall consensus"

LOL I can't tell you how many times i've seen the latter of the two used on this site.

One poster on page 1 put it best

"Imagine that, the majority of people who visit a conspiracy site, think that 9/11 was a conspiracy"

exactly. Imagine that.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimePorkchop

I think you´d see about the same 20% faith-based ratio supporting the official fables in any poll. It wouldn´t differ that much from the results here.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
this is a meaningless survey. asking people who visit this site whether they think there was a 9-11 cover up is like asking people who watch fox news if they voted for obama.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
The pre-9/11 interest in conspiracies turned up a really interesting result. I didn't think the results would be that extreme. Regardless of what people say about 9/11 conspiracies they have served to open the eyes of people to broader pictures about world events. This can only be beneficial.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Great Polls! I think the majority of Americans believe that there was more to it than just planes crashing into the buildings. the fall of the buildings was too demolition like! and the events that followed with our freedoms being taken away and then justified by protecting us, it seem to me like this would be probable cause for the towers to be blown intentionally.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

I couldn't agree with you more!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
How about a poll (preferrably illustrated with venn diagrams) to see where the beliefs in various theories intersect?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom1701

you can tell a Paid troll.dis Agent an Strictly debunk er just from looking at their newbie recent or very low count

of Posts Stars & Flags and 0 threads and One Subject Profile and No backup of what they talk about !

Especially when it comes to 911 & Skunk Work projects , GOVT Operations Projects , they come out of the Wood Work

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfenz

Originally posted by tom1701

you can tell a Paid troll.dis Agent an Strictly debunk er just from looking at their newbie recent or very low count

of Posts Stars & Flags and 0 threads and One Subject Profile and No backup of what they talk about !

Especially when it comes to 911 & Skunk Work projects , GOVT Operations Projects , they come out of the Wood Work

Why would the government even bother to do that? It flatters the conspiracy theorist to believe that their internet postings could somehow be a threat to the dark forces against which they rail. I think what's happening is that someone disagrees - admittedly quite angrily - about what other people are posting. How much posting history does a member need before they can go against the prevailing consensus?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join