It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey Results: The 9/11 Attacks & Conspiracies - September, 2011

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by orangutang

There are indeed photos of wreckage at the pentagon. They just don't get published much.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I am one of the 73% who didn't have interest in conspiracy theories til 9/11
After someone showed me that Loose Change video, I was hooked.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Great Survey and some strange results i thought more would lean towards not believing the OS bull but anyway, thanks for the effort and loving your avatar SkepticOverlord!!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Just in case your unaware of this dead man who i believe was murdered for saying there were NO wmd's
Dr David Kelly

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

There is one very clear result from this survey: 911 played a key role in getting more people interested in the "conspiracy" viewpoint.

Conversely, this means that many who have been activated by this or more recent events may be woefully uninformed concerning earlier events of a similar nature.

In the case of some of those events, sufficient evidence has come to light to where the history of those events could practically be re-written. Yet unless a site like this makes a concerted effort to inform newer visitors of this data, they may never become aware of it.

For instance: Some people think the Kennedy assassination was planed by powerful interests, while the Lincoln assassination was the work of a lone fanatic. However, some more recent research has indicated that the same basic cabal has been working to install its friends in positions of power and remove its enemies (or those who simply get in the way) from those positions for thousands of years now.

I also see that many are aware of the disinformation aspect of this game but don't really know what to do about it. We need a solution for that. I know people have always loved to tell stories to each other. And it would be fine, I guess, if that was all this site did for people. Am I totally naive to believe that there must be some way to measure confidence level in data? Maybe I am.

But if no particular story can be verified, I think each basic story should at least have a place here. I mean, if you want to get metaphysical about it: How do we know that there IS really only one truth? After all, the only ultimate test of a truth is in its workability.

So if I take my car in to get fixed, and get told when I come to pick it up "it was your plugs" and the repaired car works fine, then for me that's an acceptable truth. It WAS my plugs! But if my plugs could talk, what story would they tell? Perhaps they could tell me that they had been made of poor materials so that the company could make a higher profit to pay off a loan it took out in order to stay in business. You go in there and fix the company and suddenly thousands of cars are breaking down less often! So that would be another workable truth that would normally go unnoticed.

At this point, I am willing to accept anyone's story. But if they are willing to identify themselves, present documentation, demonstrate workability, or have their story supported by other disinterested parties, I am more likely to take them seriously. And there is a lot of that kind of data out there that is denounced as "bizarre" or "disinfo" when ignoring it could be a really major mistake.

So I think this survey points towards some new features that this site could try implementing that would improve its impact and usefulness.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
can we have polls on bigfoot and loch ness next
hahahahha thats gonna be fun

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
9/11/01=false flag operation

war on terror=genocide

patriot act=treason

learn, forgive, evolve

hugs

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

How else would our Government justify reentering Iraq after all that Bush and Norman Scwarzkopff and poor little Kuwait we need to rescue them from that BAD man Insane? They must have turned that one over a few times, finally agreeing that it was going to take some real Spectacular Excuse to go back in there. One the American people would never balk at.... I got it. How about a modern Pearl Harbor? (Blink goes the light bulb)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by Six Sigma
Results leaning strongly toward a conspiracy on a conspiracy website? Who would have thunk?

Yeah, but it included "guests". I thought the separation between members and guests was a great idea. The fact that the general population (willing to take a poll on 9/11, granted) polled so closely to ATS members tell you that over half of Americans do not believe in the official story.

I hope we separate and blend future guest results. It really says a lot about how non-conspiracy folks think and how they aren't all that different with their trust.

Yeah, but 'guests' to a conspiracy web site. The poll didn't do much for me other than the fact that I was surprised how many people on this site DON'T believe it was a conspiracy. I expected 85 percent at least to believe it, so that is the major surprise to me.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Not too surprised but encouraged by those results! Can you do a 2012 one next?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Just an FYI, I am overseas and received this with my e-mails today entitled:

Emergency Message for U.S. Citizens and said the following:

WORLDWIDE TRAVEL ALERT

As we mark the 10th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, the Department of State informs U.S. citizens traveling and residing abroad of the continued threat posed by al-Qa'ida and its affiliates. While we have not identified any specific threats from al-Qa'ida affiliates and allies to attack the United States or our interests on the 9/11 anniversary, U.S. citizens should be aware that al-Qa'ida affiliates and allies have demonstrated the intent and capability to carry out attacks against the United States and our interests around the world. In the past, terrorist organizations have on occasion planned their attacks to coincide with significant dates on the calendar. This Worldwide Travel Alert supplements the July 26, 2011, Worldwide Caution, and expires on January 2, 2012.

U.S. citizens traveling and residing abroad should enroll in the Smart Travelers Enrollment Program (STEP). travelregistration.state.gov... U.S. citizens without internet access may enroll directly at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate at their destination. By enrolling, U.S. citizens make it easier for the Embassy to contact them in case of emergency.

Updated information on travel and security may be obtained from the Department of State by calling 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or, for callers outside the United States and Canada, a regular toll line at 1-202-501-4444. For further information, please consult the Worldwide Caution and other consular information, including Country Specific Information, for specific countries. These products and the latest international travel information for U.S. citizens are available on the Bureau of Consular Affairs website. Follow us on Twitter, foursquare, and the Bureau of Consular Affairs page on Facebook as well.
You can also download our free Smart Traveler iPhone App to have travel information at your fingertips.

U.S. Citizen Services
U.S. Consulate General
Auckland, New Zealand

Ph: +64-9-303-2724 extn: 2800
Fax: +64-9-366-0870
A/H: +64-4-462-6000
[email protected]

Hmmm....What do you think of that e-mail??

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
every action needs to be justified as a reaction for it to be accepted by the public.

the international "War on Terror" ( better known as War for Oil ) needed to be justified in a big way.

so what do the agencies do ? kill their own people ? create the reason for the intended war ?

extreme questions. no real answers.

Nevertheless, the men/women who planned this, were not the cave dwelling Mujahids. This is a businessman's master plan and it's been pulled of right under the nose of international media. And we, the sheep, just folllowed.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I think the survey is great but let's see if the MSM post it or even mention it. Great time for the exposure just before 10th anniv. Cheers

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tagorian

The desire to ‘go to war’ doesn’t match up with the damage done.
How many innocent US citizens deaths were needed to justify going after General Noriega?
How many US buildings were destroyed before we went into Croatia?

No the US has never need much of an invitation to go into a country with guns blazing.
And consider this.
If TPTB are so good at executing a plan and keeping it a secret for 10 years, couldn’t they have at least planted a few WMDs in Sadams desert?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by curious7

In what frame did you see a jet airliner hit the Pentagon? Do you have a resource for that? I would like to view it.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
HUMM. Interesting results. Site owner of ATS makes a good 9/11 poll. Loved the second to last question skeptic overlord. Bravo job well done.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

I second that comment!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Good reply bossman!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
I cannot believe how many people believe in this nonsense conspiracy when anyone can hijack an airplane and fly them into a building if they learn how to fly and read the coordinates.Yes the Huge Passnger jet will explode because of the high flammable and very very hot jet fuel which will defeintly melt steel if its run all down it and burns all over the main steel frame.After 9/11 I hope it is alot harder for a terrorist to hijack an airplane.So far nothing has happened.

Irony.

While growing up in the 80s and 90s, the Cold War was based upon the premise 'anything can happen'. Since we live in an open society with relaxed rules, the sky is the limit on what can possible go wrong.

"War Games" the movie was a wake-up call for Russia and United States, for it presented a cold and accurate truth to our reality. What if we did trigger off a nuclear war? What if someone accidentally hit the button?

Look at the movies "True Lies", "Die Hard", "Air Force One" and "Back to the Future", and you will see the impact terrorism has on our society. Yes, "Back to the Future". When Marty and Doctor Brown were filming a documentary, do you remember what Brown said? "The Libyans!"

Even though the initial event woke me up a little, I was not really surprised that a terrorist attack occurred. Terrorists from Iran, Iraq, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and Libya have always hijacked planes. Its not a new concept.

We can put extensive mechanisms into place, and we will still not be able to stop terrorist attacks on the water supplies, food supplies, planes, trains, cars, and cyberspace. We cannot stop everything.

Our southern border is widely open. If they cannot get onto a plane, terrorists can still enter our country through Mexico.

We are as safe today as we were before 9/11.

Welcome to an open society where anything can happen.

Added...
Anyone who blames the government for 9/11 is trying to regain a sense of control. Since they cannot control the impact of terrorists, theorists attempt to push fear away by blaming a somewhat controllable element. You can fire or vote a government official out of office, but you cannot 'personally' stop a terrorist attack from occurring.

Blaming someone for keeping the door open is easier than realizing the door never existed in the first place. Consequence from living in an open society.

9/11 was caused by a group of terrorists.

edit on 9/7/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Interesting.
I never took part in this survey but the only result that surprised me was how many visitors went for the 'inside job' theory.
Arbitrageur has pointed out an anomaly in your results, which i haven't bothered to check because i'm sure he's right
and the wording was a little ambiguous, leading to many neutral votes.
My memory of that day was 'how awful' but later that day i was thinking 'how could they kill their own people?'
The moment the buildings went down was the clincher, it simply should not have happened.
Building 7 speaks for itself, after all, they had the Enron files in there as well, how convenient that was!
I am not a sceptic by nature but i stopped believing anything any government had to say 20 years ago
before 9/11
Cobaltic1978 said most of it for me, but he stresses peaceful non-compliance, that i can do, but if push comes to shove, it will be violent resistance, and i have no problem with that, either

Each of us must fight this in their own way, but fight it we must.
See you on the other side...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join