It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey Results: The 9/11 Attacks & Conspiracies - September, 2011

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

The agree, and strongly agree for these two responses shouldn't add up to over 100%, but they do, right?

63% agree or strongly agree the only conspiracy was, they let it happen
49% agree or strongly agree the only conspiracy was, they made it happen
24% agree or strongly agree there was no conspiracy

133% is the sum of the above percentages, but it shouldn't be over 100%, right?

Not really mate

You added the wrong numbers! Rethink it ... the right numbers add up to 100

edit on 6-9-2011 by uberbone because: add quote

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
nowhere do i see a question cut straight to the chase such as

"the u.s. government planned and executed the whole attack on the twin towers to create fear in the public and a reason to expand their continuous wars."

but then i wonder why no one else asks this question of the poll starter skeptic overlord i think it was.

i did not check pages 2 and 3
edit on 6-9-2011 by orangutang because: added note about pages

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
When it comes to these polls, I have not been in the majority.

I am not too worried about my inability to conform with society's paradigms.

Yes, I believe in the public's 'official' story, which played out on television and radio on September 11, 2011.

edit on 9/6/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
9-11 was a strong trigger for 73% of the people taking the poll. WOW...I didn't expect it to be that high !!

Mr Overlord, you've outdone yourself on this one ! And dividing members / guests was an excellent idea !!!

Those polls are Great ! Love it !!! Keep em comin'

Please..

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
Yeah, but it included "guests". I thought the separation between members and guests was a great idea. The fact that the general population (willing to take a poll on 9/11, granted) polled so closely to ATS members tell you that over half of Americans do not believe in the official story.

I think that the separation between members and non-members was a fantastic idea as well, but I don't think that the non-members group is a good representative of the "general population". In fact, I think it probably speaks more to the separation in the types of lurkers ATS has. As for myself, I lurked as a non-member for a nearly 7-8 months before I saw something I felt I NEEDED to express my opinion on and subsequently joined the ranks of ATS. I'm willing to bet more than half of the non-members are such lurkers. For the most part, I am just a "registered lurker" now : ) I mostly use ATS as a compass with which to guide my research. Seldom do I post, and when I do, it's purely for doctrinal reasons within Christian related threads. That's probably why no one likes my posts : )

Originally posted by lostjohnny
We were silenced by the sheer quantity, speed and gravity of what we were being told in the media.

Only time, research and discussion allowed us to make sense of what we now know.

Originally posted by lostjohnny
When building 7 went down, we all started to think we were living in an origami world.

I have nothing to add to these, just that I wanted to honor what you stated with more than just a star. These statements stood out to me because of their simplicity yet they hold so much truth to many peoples' experience in the matter. I just like the second quote a lot : )

EDIT: I didn't vote in this poll and 9/11 wasn't even the trigger for me. It wasn't until several years afterward (I was 12 years old when 9/11 happened) that I began questioning the integrity of my personal reality in light of things happening in my life, specifically the question "who is God?" It was then that I began researching conspiracy. lol, I should post in the new member's introduction : P
edit on 2011/9/6 by michaelwpayton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I cannot believe how many people believe in this nonsense conspiracy when anyone can hijack an airplane and fly them into a building if they learn how to fly and read the coordinates.Yes the Huge Passnger jet will explode because of the high flammable and very very hot jet fuel which will defeintly melt steel if its run all down it and burns all over the main steel frame.After 9/11 I hope it is alot harder for a terrorist to hijack an airplane.So far nothing has happened.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberbone
You added the wrong numbers! Rethink it ... the right numbers add up to 100
What do you mean right numbers? Which numbers are you talking about?

I used the numbers from the survey., they add up to over 130% when they should add up to 100% at the most, probably less because there were other conspiracy theories not asked about in the poll.

If the poll had been designed so you couldn't agree to more than one of the three options, that would have prevented people from agreeing to more questions than they should have, but obviously there was so such restriction in the poll and many answered inappropriately (incorrectly) given the way the questions were worded.

You can't have 112% of the respondents thinking their conspiracy theory is the ONLY theory, PLUS an additional 24% thinking there was no conspiracy. That makes no sense. But that's what the poll shows.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Lets also not forget that it is a matter of public record that NORAD was conducting war games less than 24 hrs before the First plane hit with the exact same targets in their scenario.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

First, Arbit, I understand your point. You make a valid point.
We are always going to have a percentage that is not represented by any given poll.
The problem as I see it, is a poll such as this doesn't differentiate between people that are IN our government and are patriotic, and people that are in our government and are traitors.
Increasingly, that has to be an option. We have to have the option to select TRAITOR.
Give us that option Skeptic Overlord, to call them like we see them. And then, you have a "progressive" poll.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

i awoke suspiciously (took about 4 hours)when some writer pointed out that there was no footage of the "moslem" hijackers passing thru the terminal where security cameras abound. nor were they on the passenger list.
that and the total lack of boeing wreckage at the pentagon. there are many, many other clues as have since been printed and done to death. i presume the "official believers" are afraid and so cling to the official story so they can rest safely in the unfounded belief that our governments are looking after us. sure!
just like the official story that nth vietnamese attacked a u.s. destroyer that precipitated the vietnam war.
this was later admitted to be a fabrication by the government yet people continue to believe their leaders.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
I cannot believe how many people believe in this nonsense conspiracy when anyone can hijack an airplane and fly them into a building if they learn how to fly and read the coordinates.Yes the Huge Passnger jet will explode because of the high flammable and very very hot jet fuel which will defeintly melt steel if its run all down it and burns all over the main steel frame.After 9/11 I hope it is alot harder for a terrorist to hijack an airplane.So far nothing has happened.

you might want to educate yourself on jet fuel. It's basically kerosene.. which burns about 1200 degrees at most. Steel melts at 2500 give or take depending on what's in the steel. A good portion of the jet fuel was burned off in the initial explosions. The buildings could have burned for days on end without ever collapsing. There are a number of cases of steel buildings burning for days or weeks without ever collapsing or buckling due to the heat.

When a steel building collapses due to fire for the first time in human history, you tend to get a bit skeptical of the official story.

Edit: Also, not just anyone can fly a jet liner. I know a few pilots and none of them said they could ever make a maneuver like they claim for the pentagon. So no, not just anyone could get behind the controls of a 767 or 747 and fly it into something barely wider than the wingspan of the plane. Even with pilot lessons you don't just do that.
edit on 6-9-2011 by Twainfan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by orangutang

You might want to do some more research and look for the actual passenger manifests. Because on the MANIFESTS, the only hijacker that doesn't appear is Hani Hanjour. What the majority of the Truth Movement seems to base their "the hijackers werent on the passenger lists" is the CNN story that only listed the VICTIMS and not the hijackers.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I have to admit I'm part of the 73% that opened their eyes for the first time. My brother showed me a video a couple months after 9/11 that almost brought me to tears. After watching this highly scientific video about sky scrapers, the temperature of jet fuel, the temperature needed to melt steel, and other hard to debunk things, I was blown away.

Thinking "there's NO WAY our own government would kill Americans for ANY agenda" I started researching for myself and was literally floored when I found out just how deep this thing went. I must say judging from the results the most important thing 9/11 accomplished was showing the American people not all is what it seems. Which ironically doesn't seem like the intended plan

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
From my reading of these results: The Corp/Gov bot army has spoken on this subject. I know now why ATS management took so long to release their survey results. They had to take the time to separate out the guest/bot army from the survey results totals. Good job ATS staff. It is pretty clear from these numbers that guest/trolls are the ones voting in this in this poll largest numbers. Shouts out to our mil/corp/gov bot contractors for your contribution.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I'm suprised by the numbers. With as many hardcore conspiracy nuts as we have here I would have thought the numbers to be much higher
I am also suprised that there were so many non members who responded.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I didn't place a vote in the poll, I knew what the results would be before it was presented here. What effect does one vote have on your choice of two presidential candidates for instance, has any one state tilted by one vote ever?

More interestingly would be to leverage the poll such as this to cross section those that believe in a huge conspiracy coverup inside job to those that believe in extraterrestrial alien contact, and/or those that believe in an Apollo moon landing hoax, and those that believe that ancient civilizations had higher technology than today perhaps destroyed by a nuclear holocaust, or those that believe that an insignificant comet has any significance simply because of the discoverer's last Russian name.

We would then get a more grounded view with a lateral thinking curve charting.

It was a study of many such studies (recently because of the late internet information explosion) but one from a Kent State team for a British psychology Journal gave hundreds of randomly selected individuals a survey to find any related connection to people that overwhelmingly believe in conspiracy theories and conclude one common trait. Those that answered yes to conspiracies presented also answered that they themselves would participate in a conspiracy coverup for personal gain of some sort. So the geese eat the gander. It says more about the believers than the events in question.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
And now the ATS membership is going to skyrocket with a plethora of new accounts that I reckon will only be used to vote in polls and otherwise remain relatively inactive.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Wow, talk about some loaded questions...

Leading questions, double-barreled questions, double negatives...surely there must be better ways to compose surveys as to be less prone to response bias.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
How are members identified from non-members? What if a member isn't logged in when they vote? Also, how do guests find out about these polls? Surely they must be already browsing ATS or else the poll was advertised elsewhere. Depending on how they found out about the poll, and their motivations for participating, it may distort the way the results should be interpreted.

Two things about the poll that are striking.

1) How so many people generally accuse the government of ineffectiveness or incompetence, while at the same time so many people's initial reaction was to dismiss the idea that this event could have been allowed to happen by mistake, as opposed to by design.

2) That most people had any preexisting opinion about whether an airliner collision could destroy the world trade center towers. It still doesn't seem like a question that would be easy to answer without thorough experimentation.
edit on 7-9-2011 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I think this song sums it up pretty well.

edit on 7-9-2011 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join