It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge 'Ocean' Discovered Inside Earth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Hi all.

Can we stop with the biblical quotes? This is the science section.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX

The fountains of the deep.

PR 8:27 I was there when he set the heavens in place,
when he marked out the horizon on the face of the deep,

PR 8:28 when he established the clouds above
and fixed securely the fountains of the deep,

PR 8:29 when he gave the sea its boundary
so the waters would not overstep his command,
and when he marked out the foundations of the earth.

GE 7:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, on the seventeenth day of the second month--on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened. And rain fell on the earth forty days and forty nights.

edit on 6-9-2011 by XplanetX because: (no reason given)

whatever this garbage is you quoted and didn't cite has literally nothing to do with the article as there is no actual water underground, it's all solid rock as one of the first posters pointed out.

i'm sure i could quote all kinds of fantasy books about "fountains of the deep" (which is actually describing where rainfall comes from, since the passage doesn't describe rain as coming from clouds, and the deep is also described at the same time the sky was being made) or "underground bodies of water" which a) isn't actually what this article has to do with, like i've already said, and b) is actually just describing rain falling from the great deep (the sky), like i've said.

what bearing or relationship does whatever you quoted (and i know what it is, so please don't humor me, because there is literally no reason to explain it ot me, and you literally have no rational reason to justify blurting it out like a useless parrot for this thread as it did literally nothing for it) because i honestly see none. it looks like two of your braincells accidentally ran into each other and this article for some reason reminded you of the only other thing in your brain that deals with bodies of water being underground (a very common thing) and you had nothing else to say except the nonsense you spewed out, which again, if you haven't gotten the message, has nothing to do with the article. did i also mention there is no actual ocean in the article, it's just solid rock?

this is a classic case of you chrishun's worshipping something so blindly that you will wrap anything in it into your reality to justify your blind dogma. you are programmed. look at your post, you didn't even add any original thought into it, you just copy and pasted a self-bastardized passage from a fantasy novel that not even losely relates to the OP without even thinking about it.

and not only that, but the noah flood story is the absolute most ridiculous of them all. and seriously, did you even read the last line of what you posted?? it said the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of heaven opened, in one sentence, meanin they both had to do with eachother, not that they were two seperate events. meaning an underground ocean (of rock) didn't burst forth (oh and sorry it woudl still be rock even back then), and as a result of NO water coming from the ground it started raining. the story only describes it raining from the great deep (the sky) for 40 days and 40 nights, which is all the passage describes if you read it again. and takes no time describing water comin from an underground ocean, which would be very dramatic and a big deal and would probably sell more books.

anyone that starred your post is equally as dumb as you.

edit on 7-9-2011 by shagreen heart because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
If they call drinks made from that water Slusho I'll not be impressed.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

2 Peter 3:3-4
Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
very cool article....makes me want to get back into geography/geology...makes you wonder what else is under there that we haven't discovered.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

GE 7:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, on the seventeenth day of the second month--on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened. And rain fell on the earth forty days and forty nights.

Here we go

edit on 7-9-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

What´s this? What do you want to say?
I dont get it!
And why the h*ll you got so many stars for that religious bs?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

You would have called it a fountain back when that was written. Similar to the written stories of battling Gods causing strange weather, shooting stars, etc. Without the technology we use today, you would simply characterize what you were seeing with names, events, etc., familiar to people at that time.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Yeah, this post is very interesting although it is from 2007. Here is a little more updated discovery that is equally as amazing: Scientists discover massive underground river 13,000 feet beneath the Amazon. Essentially the Amazon has an underground twin. Wild!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
It is quite obvious that we as a species do not know the whole story of Gaia or that we are being mislead about her.

We have found deep underground caves:
ngm.nationalgeographic.com...
weburbanist.com...
We have found deep underground lakes:
www.environmentalgraffiti.com...
We have found deep underground Labyrinths:
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
We have found deep underground
www.cappadociaturkey.net...

And we have found Inner earth, deep deep underground:
Agartha
www.beyondweird.com...

So a deep underground ocean doesn't surprise me, does it surprise you?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

just goes to show that Joseph H. Cater was right about a lot of things.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
for a second i thought they wer talking about a cavein i caused when i was cave diveing jiant ass rock fell away from opposite wall i was on and the ocean started falling into darkness then i jiant crab came and moved some rocks to close the hole lots of water and it happends 2 times that day difrent places
edit on 7-9-2011 by obzerver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by asperetty

Think about the Flood story in the bible. Perhaps a great fountain like this opened up, spraying up into the upper atmosphere and raining back down for 40 days. It would explain where all the water came from.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Hmm. Here's hoping they don't just start fracking it to get at the water (although, that seems like a cross-canceling equation). Just leave it be, it's where the earth intends it to be. Focus on the water we're destroying now and how to fix that problem.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
I hope I put this in the proper forum. this is big, people.

Scientists scanning the deep interior of Earth have found evidence of a vast water reservoir beneath eastern Asia that is at least the volume of the Arctic Ocean. The discovery marks the first time such a large body of water has found in the planet’s deep mantle. The finding, made by Michael Wysession, a seismologist at Washington University in St. Louis, and his former graduate student Jesse Lawrence, now at the University of California, San Diego, will be detailed in a forthcoming monograph to be published by the American Geophysical Union.

More on this story here: www.livescience.com...

Wow! that water must be roasting hot!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seektruthalways1
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

HAHA nice , you were thinking the same thing as me!

Great minds think alike, or so i hear.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by shagreen heart

whatever this garbage is you quoted and didn't cite has literally nothing to do with the article as there is no actual water underground, it's all solid rock as one of the first posters pointed out.

i'm sure i could quote all kinds of fantasy books about "fountains of the deep" (which is actually describing where rainfall comes from, since the passage doesn't describe rain as coming from clouds, and the deep is also described at the same time the sky was being made) or "underground bodies of water" which a) isn't actually what this article has to do with, like i've already said, and b) is actually just describing rain falling from the great deep (the sky), like i've said.

what bearing or relationship does whatever you quoted (and i know what it is, so please don't humor me, because there is literally no reason to explain it ot me, and you literally have no rational reason to justify blurting it out like a useless parrot for this thread as it did literally nothing for it) because i honestly see none. it looks like two of your braincells accidentally ran into each other and this article for some reason reminded you of the only other thing in your brain that deals with bodies of water being underground (a very common thing) and you had nothing else to say except the nonsense you spewed out, which again, if you haven't gotten the message, has nothing to do with the article. did i also mention there is no actual ocean in the article, it's just solid rock?

this is a classic case of you chrishun's worshipping something so blindly that you will wrap anything in it into your reality to justify your blind dogma. you are programmed. look at your post, you didn't even add any original thought into it, you just copy and pasted a self-bastardized passage from a fantasy novel that not even losely relates to the OP without even thinking about it.

and not only that, but the noah flood story is the absolute most ridiculous of them all. and seriously, did you even read the last line of what you posted?? it said the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of heaven opened, in one sentence, meanin they both had to do with eachother, not that they were two seperate events. meaning an underground ocean (of rock) didn't burst forth (oh and sorry it woudl still be rock even back then), and as a result of NO water coming from the ground it started raining. the story only describes it raining from the great deep (the sky) for 40 days and 40 nights, which is all the passage describes if you read it again. and takes no time describing water comin from an underground ocean, which would be very dramatic and a big deal and would probably sell more books.

anyone that starred your post is equally as dumb as you.

edit on 7-9-2011 by shagreen heart because: (no reason given)

We "crishuns" do not have to "wrap" anything into our reality. Science has begun to prove what we have believed all along, it was just a matter of time and knowledge and technology.

Actually Genesis does mention the waters of the "great deep" breaking over and spilling onto the land. Science proves this happened as well. Research Great Flood and Black Sea.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This is massive. Two questions:

- Is there life in this water reserve? Seriously bacterial life is being found all over the place so it would not surprise me - example - some bacteria live in pressurised volcanic vents at the bottom of the Ocean

- Is the phenomenon restricted to just Earth?

I am thinking of Mrs when posing these questions - suddenly the discovery becomes more exciting

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The expected temperature at 15 km deep is @570 degrees farenheit, the Kola Superdeep Borehole still holds the world record and is at 12,262m deep and was abandoned due to the rock becoming like plastic with a tendence to collapse in on itself. The OP article says that the strata which is holding this water is around 998 km deep (620 miles). Even with a doubling of drill capacity every 10 years, this water will be safe from our exploitation for a long, long time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join