learn more

The Area51 of Ohio, USA

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

I agree...it's just a plant that manufactures dangerous and costly materials. I am sure most stories come from the fact that it is secure and people tend to think up all kinds of interesting things about something they don't fully understand or have access to. There is a reason the security is the way it is...it's to keep people safe. Period.
And yes extensive background checks are a must for places like that...even the place I work currently has that in place...due to the type of work, the cost of materials and equipment...etc etc etc...as stated above...you don't want just anyone having access to this stuff...it could be very dangerous in the wrong hands and improper handling.
And truth be told...lost of manufacturing facilities have tight security these days...for many many reasons. Doesn't always mean someone is hiding something. And no disrespect...but why bring in the Masons? I understand it is ATS, but I am afraid that discredited the thread just a tad.
If you want more of a story about the facility there...the bigger conspiracy would be what kind of damage to the environment and workers over the years has been covered up there....that would be something worth looking into more. Those are the stories I have heard over the years that scare me worse than underground bases, orbs and blood thirsty Masons. (by the way a quick note....it was a joke about the Masons being bloodthirsty...end note)
edit on 7-9-2011 by bw_drum because: edit to text

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

As far as tunnels...yes...there are tunnels. These are used for maintenance, moving equipment under the the old cooling tanks and reactors, storage service for moving materials underground...again..uranium and the by products are NOT something anyone wants above ground and in the open...it is dangerous to us and the environment...and when the facility was built...it was making fuel and weapons grade product back in the day....as a security threat - which it was known to be a cold war target....it would make sense to not have things exposed above ground. Doesn't mean that the function of the tunnels was anything but utilitarian.
I am very open minded, but I just felt the need to put a few facts in for people to ponder on as well. If i am wrong and the OP is onto something...I guess I better hope the greys make the probing quick.
edit on 7-9-2011 by bw_drum because: typo....d*mn my fingers

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

I brought up the freemasons because, most of them are part of that group. I've even picked some up from the Wheelersburg lodge.(45min away from the plant).

One guard there runs for commissioner every other year. Another owns and runs multiple churches.Other ones owns and runs many businesses, and so on and so on. They are all mostly outstanding citizens for their communities. Of all of these outstanding guards, they are all part of the freemasons. Most of them have that custom license plate that says "FREEMASON" right across it. So yeah.. I'm not going to bring in the bilderburg group as there is no connection between them and that group.

Not sure what true story you are referring too. I simply pointed out something that has interested me all my life and shared some stories that were shared with me. Also the classes of clearances are much different. Class A is the lowest and Class G is the highest that a security guard can get.
edit on 9/7/2011 by digitalbluco because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Some of the tunnels were built in case there were an accident. The tunnels run between buildings allowing for workers to escape if necessary. A similar set of tunnels were used at the former Georgia Nuclear Aircraft Lab.

This is just a nuclear enrichment plant. Nothing more. It does not go 3 miles down. But there are underground storage areas for nuclear reactor rods.

The security guards working at this facility are not "sworn" to anything. They sign nondisclosure agreements. According to the NDA, they are not to disclose vital information about the facility such as where nuclear material is stored. This is all so some terrorist jerkoff doesn't break in, steal some enriched uranium and build a few dirty bombs.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
One problem. You said:

he went into an area he wasn't supposed to be in. They never said anything to him that day about it, but a week later, he had a loud awaking around 4am at his home. Officers in S.W.A.T. gear busted into his home, threw his wife, and his children against the wall and held them all at gunpoint while searching his home. They completely trashed the place and he later found out that it was all because of that area he accidentally went into earlier that day.

A week went by before S.W.A.T. stormed him, but you said he found out later it was because of the area we was in earlier that day?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bw_drum
reply to post by hp1229

I was just reading that article on the joint warhead disposal...good read. At least someone out there is trying to make the world a little better....at least on the surface it looks that way...

Well the way I think the goal is to get rid of the old stockpile to make room for the new.

Old warheads dismantled and used to power nuclear power stations and surely US and USSR/Russia have a big stockpile that can be used by several plants around the world to whoever it is sold.

On the other hand, the new stockpile of the HEU continues to be manufactured

So you're right as for 'at least on the surface it looks that way'
edit on 7-9-2011 by hp1229 because: grammer

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bw_drum
Anyway...it is an intriguing place....but I doubt highly a Area51 of Ohio...more luck poking around Dayton at Wright Patt Airforce base I would think...

I would not recommend poking around Wright-Patt.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This is the very first time ive ever heard of a secret faciliy in ohio

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

Sorry about that. I meant that same night, not after a week. Sometimes what I think and what I type are two different things. I have what you call a racing mind, except it's nonstop (i have to take prescription medicine just so I can fall asleep at night). I always reread what I type before pressing that submit button, but somehow I must of overlooked it.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by scapers2u

It's mostly just an instinctual feeling I have always had about that place. It might be one, and it might not. Another thing that has me edgy about that place is when I speak to retired, current, and ex-employees. They always seem to be hiding something. They'll go off into story mode and start to slip some things out then they catch themselves.

Here's a good example. I was just told this about 1 hour ago from a guard there.
"Last week we had a drunk bust through the gate. He didn't even slow down. We found him two hours later passed out in his car with it running and still in gear against a building. I tapped on the glass and he wouldn't roll down his window so I asked him to shut off his vehicle. Soon as he put it in park, the door automatically unlocked and we restrained him. Turns out he thought it was that highway exit."

I asked him what they did with him, then after starting to say, he caught himself, and said they called the local police and handed him over to them.

Just little things like that, and of course my personal experience with two orbs that shot out from the plant. Back then when I saw those it was Lockheed Martin who owned the place. I believe it was the same year they changed to Lockheed Martin from Martin Marietta.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by digitalbluco

I have no doubt that no one will ever know the truth of what goes on there. The very fact that they deal in uranium would make it a very high security place. Sometimes people wait till they are on their deathbed to share disturbing information and then sometimes (mostly) they never tell it. Perhaps because its its speculation on the part of the general employee. They cant tell what they don't know. A "guard" will never have that kind of security clearence.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

Actually because they deal with uranium, that makes it more likely to be able to find out what goes on at the facility. There are probably thousands of pages of environmental reports for this facility.

If you take a facility like the Tonopah Test Range, most of what has been revealed about the facility has been leaked in environmental reports. The same goes for other military bases.

Take the new runway and hangar at Yucca Lake on the Nevada Test Site. The only information we have on it is due to environmental reports.

I could go on, but you get the idea.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

NO not a good idea poking around there...I do totally agree with that...
I was only referencing the fact of it being billed as more of the "area51" type location due to stories from the past, than an enrichment facility in Piketon. I do NOT recommend anyone just poking around there...or at either location for that matter. It was more a suggestion to read up on the location rather than physically "poking" into anything...good god now I should have to include a disclaimer on every post just to make sure the people that are a little authority and danger challenged don't do anything to get hurt or arrested or worse....I keep forgetting common sense kinda flew out the window with folks lately...
Anyway...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Did a little bit of research on the internet. Here's an interesting one I've found, although the sources aren't so reputable and not relating to the piketon plant.

During an overnight radio program dedicated to taking calls from the listening audience from people who claim to have been employed at the famous secret-facility known as "Area-51," late- night host Art Bell received a caller who referenced a secret facility in Southern Ohio. The anonymous caller to the Art Bell Radio Program, dated Friday night/Saturday morning, August 7 mentioned a 'secret facility' that was not directly a government agency, but 'under contract' from the government. Beneath is the transcript of that discussion, which happened at 1 hour and 40 minutes into the program. During an overnight radio program dedicated to taking calls from the listening audience from people who claim to have been employed at the famous secret-facility known as "Area-51," late- night host Art Bell received a caller who referenced a secret facility in Southern Ohio. The anonymous caller to the Art Bell Radio Program, dated Friday night/Saturday morning, August 7 mentioned a 'secret facility' that was not directly a government agency, but 'under contract' from the government. Beneath is the transcript of that discussion, which happened at 1 hour and 40 minutes into the program. __________

Source: www.abduct.com...
Alternate Source: www.ohioexploration.com...

Interesting part from that besides the call which you can read in the link.

This call lends further intrigue to the GE/PEEBLE TEST OPERATION located in Adams County, Ohio. This facility, situation within Peach Mountain, has previously been rumored to be a top-secret test area where unusual projects have been under development.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Lucasville is about a 10 minute drive at 55mph from the plant. Looks like some ufo sightings there as well. Even right here on ats it seems.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

U.F.O. and a creature reported in lucasville?
kenny.anomalyresponse.org...

Here's a link to another sighting in West Portsmouth, which is about a 30 minute drive from the plant.
www.ufoinfo.com...
edit on 9/8/2011 by digitalbluco because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I about spit out my Pepsi when I saw Piketon mentioned. I live in Scioto County and have heard many exaggerated stories about this facility over the years. I too have known people who have worked there, not security guards but engineers who are in the know. This place is a major concern of mine due to the nature of their business, but I’m not concerned about anything related to UFO’s or Area 51.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by digitalbluco

Great OP! I rarely read long posts but this one was engrossing.
Digital you could be a good writer because every word is interesting and filled with possibilities.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by topdog30

Have any stories you'd like to share? The more their are the more we can compare and see what's really true.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

Well, why thank you. Personally I wouldn't call myself even a decent writer. I just type the way I talk. With this being my first thread I didn't get too detailed with it. Just some simple google images. It's hard to get any pictures of inside the plant since they don't allow camera/video cell phones. The only inside pictures you can find is on their website. It mentions on there about them using an advanced centrifuge technology. The first of its kind. I found that interesting.

So anyways, this was more or less just a rough draft thread since I'm still figuring out all the features. My next one will be my first real big one. It will be about the underground railroads. I have video footage from when I went underneath and have never transferred it to a computer yet, which I will do soon for this upcoming article.

In the video I'm walking across tons of human bones, and I manage to walk about halfway underneath the Ohio river where I found a wooden table with a bunch of the slaves names carved in it. In other parts you see me come to a bunch of dead ends as many businesses there are superstitious and block off the tunnels that go to their buildings.

The way we found our entrance to the tunnels was a friend of the family was expanding his basement in a business he owned and found a room with a tunnel. In the room is a stove and some rocks set up like seats and a couple skeletons. Sadly I only have just the video. I never did take any pictures. I also didn't use night vision but I did use something like it, except its in color. Currently I'm going around asking local people if they have any personal photos or video of it I could use.

I also never reported the tunnels to the historical society so it is still a well kept secret. I do plan to do it eventually though.

Sorry to go way off-topic, but I'm just really excited about this
edit on 9/8/2011 by digitalbluco because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I gotta tell you, that last statement really brings your credibility into question. It is a pretty big claim.

Archaeologically speaking, you need to report human remains like that. You sure as hell don't walk all over them.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join